maustin89

What do you look for in a girl/boyfriend

Looks:

Well, I don't care about skin color at all, so long as said skin is well cared for. But I like a man with a strong jaw, and nice cheekbones. (I'm a total sucker for a good pair of cheekbones.) I like pretty eyes, and I'm also not at all picky about hair color.

I like an older man, I'm not one for baby-face. Preferably about 2-5 years older than me.

Height:

He needs to be tall, 5'9 at the least. I would like our children to be taller than my tiny self. xd.png

Beliefs:

I'm not super picky in this division, honestly, I'd rather no religion at all. Main reason being, I want our children to choose for themselves what they want to believe in. Not to be forced into something by their parents. I also want him to understand that I'm not "going all the way" till marriage. Giving myself like that, is something special. And I don't want it to happen until I know that we are going to be bonded forever.

Personality:

This is a big one, if he has the personality of wet cardboard, out he goes. I want a guy with a good sense of humor, and he has to be able to get at least some of my references. But he also has to be somewhat spontaneous. I'm very calculating and thought out in my actions, so I want him to counteract those.

Knowledge:

This one is another important one. He has to be smart, I will not have an uneducated husband. I want someone to talk with about the deep things in life, not just to have fun with.

Creativity:

I like a man with an artistic flair, he has to see things differently, and has also has to be able to explain them.

Generally speaking, I want him to like some of the same things. Books, TV shows, movies, activities. All of those are things that I take interest in. And they have to be addressed.

Hygiene:

He has to be clean, but not like "I take a shower three times a day and refuse to let you make a mess" type clean. I like a guy who takes cleanliness seriously, but not enough to refuse to cook for fear of mess.

Cooking:

This is quite possibly the most important thing to me. I love a man who is good in the kitchen. My family and I all cook, and it is a huge bonding thing for us. If he doesn't cook, he is not my husband/boyfriend.

Children:

I don't mind if he can't have kids, but I do want kids. If we don't have our own, we'll adopt. There are millions of kids without homes. So we can give ours to some of them.

Smell:

Now this is a big one, and while one may put it in the hygiene category, it is its own for me. He has to smell nice. To me, smelling nice is the smell of hard work and wood. (I'm a woodworkers daughter, what'd you expect?) I like a guy who can get sweaty working hard. In fact, its one of my biggest turn-ons. (Not kidding, it really is.)

Well, that about settles it. The list will change as I get older, but hey, this is now. *shrug*

Well, I know no one's posted here in a while, but I found this while searching for a different thread and thought it was interesting. I look for a mental and emotional connection, and pure, raw attraction of course. When it comes to attraction, for me it's hard to describe what it is that makes me attracted to a certain person, but that's the "it" factor that should be there if I'm interested in someone romantically.

Well.. they have to be attracted to other girls. I've fallen for a lot of straight girls who did/could not reciprocate, so that's one thing.

With my girlfriend, we're on like the same "wavelength" as she likes to call it. I like that, I think, where we're very different but the same.

I also like when I can share experiences, like very personal experiences. Deep emotional connections are awesome, having a very real reason that you're together is a good feeling.

It's great too when I share similar mental and physical disabilities with the other person, because we can connect with each other in that way too. Really, it creates a unique bond.

Similar sense of humor ^^ Definitely.

But yeah, these things make me like a person romantically or even just as a close, close friend. The rest is just tiny details and don't matter too much.

Edited by Silverwinter

Someone who understands, or at least tries to, how I feel about things. Respects me as a person, respects my opinions, my pronouns, etcetera. Somebody who can take care of me without patronising me.

Someone that will love me for who I am, because I know for a fact that I'm not the most popular person in my school.

Oh jeez. Ouch man. sad.gif

I won't lie: looks are something that tends to stick with me when it comes to even thinking about having a relationship with anyone. I tend to mentally disqualify "ugly" people from anywhere near my romantic thoughts, though this is something I've only recently picked up on. I even tend to give some physically attractive people "the eye". tongue.gif Also, I tend to mesh better with nerds in terms of friendship and that may be a reason why I like glasses... blink.gif

But someone has to not only get my attention, they have to maintain it. A sense of humor is a must, as well as approach-ability. And definitely a strong moral center. Making the occasional racist joke is hilarious, actually hating and bullying others for stupid reasons is not. Confidence helps, though certainly not unwarranted self importance. Intelligence is also something I look for. Also loyalty and honesty, because if I'd give someone the world on a platter, they better not discard me or plant cruel lies around. Imagination and ambition is a good thing too.

Someone that's admirable. Someone that can keep pace as we do awesome things to the world. Someone who deserves to be treated like a king or queen, and will do so in turn to me.

Someone who I might draw the occasional male body part on while they sleep and run from as they chase me around the house

Mostly I look for understanding, compassionate, and an ability to communicate openly. I get that I'm a bit of pain at times, so having someone who understands and is a good listening is the only way we don't kill each other, haha biggrin.gif

Hmm.... :3

Beautiful, introvert, smart, honest, loyal, innocent (LOL), smol, flat-chested (pfft HAHAHHA), non-materialistic, loving, caring, content and...preferably younger than me, but within 1-2 years is okeh with meh :P

Sorry!!!! Sorry!!!! Sorry to all flat girls there!!! 😧

Edited by Ether-Equinox
Roodness xD

As for looks i consider myself to be flexible (i dont really have a type) as long as they arent ugly imo

But for personality id like someone who can deal with how slow i can be; it takes me awhile to understand things, there can be something right in front of me and i wont notice it. Im also very very forgetful, so understanding would be nice

Also someone who listens to what i have to say. I hate it when i tell people something that they do that makes me uncomfortable/hurts me and they continue to do it anyway .-.

And also just affectionate/caring, but im sure thats the same for everyone--

A pulse. 

Also, it’s been three years going on four. So. A ring would be lovely. I’ll take a candy ring at this point. Danggone. 

In all seriousness, a companion who is there for me when I need them. Someone I can share my love with. Someone who is gentle by nature but can be demanding if required. Someone I can care for when they need me. Just to name a very short list. 

COMMUNIACATION IS GOSH DARN IMPORTANT. 

Kevin and I chose each other for who the other is. My choice was never based on looks. (It’s just a bonus that he’s hot as fudge.) It was based on his respect for me. 

He never tried to grab at me once the first date. I reached for his hand first. The first time he slept with me was just that, sleep. We slept together for a long time before doing anything more than sleep. It gave me time to trust him. As someone who has battled with ptsd, that was important. 

It’s the little things. He walks on the left side between me and the cars. He opens the door for me. He’ll thank me for small things like cooking food or kissing him. I find it cute. He pays for policemen when they’re eating in the same restaurant. 

He genuinly cares about people. He always wants to help out people on the side of the road or the homeless. Deep sighs. 

He’s is a good man. 

And this “perfect man” bull poop out there really isn’t a thing these days. I love his faults too. I’ve accepted them. People complain about terrible snoring, but I’ve found a way to sleep through it, as a small example. Compromise on both sides is important in a relationship. 

Edited by Evangeline