maustin89

What do you look for in a girl/boyfriend

Obviously, everyone is going to find different things attractive. I guess that could be why you are asking but, even if the whole forum answers your question, it still won't be cover how wide the range of what people may find attractive is.

There are scientific journals everywhere that speak of certain physical traits that are supposed to make someone more attractive, such as Phi or an 'appearance of healthiness'. Western culture shows a fondness for (mostly unrealistic) slender females and muscular men, but other cultures also share different ideas of beauty, such as asian culture (in general) liking a shallow nasal bridge. But that still won't account for someone's personal choice.

Me, I like clean shaven, non-hairy men. I'm not fond of guys with those huge 'roidy muscles. But- it is hard to analyze yourself. Emotions don't conform to labels. So even though there are certain men I like to admire more (bishies, british accents) I relatively frequently find myself lusting after guys who fall far outside of those labels. It is very hard to say what I like if what I think I like doesnt match?

Emotionally, I would seek a partner who could make me laugh and would enjoy a cuddle.

/longwinded

Someone with a random combination of body features that I find attractive (I can't go into specifics), paired with a cheerful/self-loving personality. I, at least, prefer a slim body instead of anything muscular/bulky.

They would also have to be open minded, understanding, and patient/demanding, according to the situations we find ourselves in.

Finding someone who balances you out really helps in my experience. Me and my boyfriend are a lot different (but not opposites), and it helps to keep the relationship interesting and we try new things because of it~

I can go generally off of just personality, not looking on the outside much at all. Though if you were to ask me what is, "hot" I guess I would say a moderate body-figure. Y'know, nothing too slender but nothing too out of shape either. The perfect size, which is hard for me to define.

Personality wise, while differences don't bother me, they would have to be willing to listen even if they don't agree. Open minded for short. I guess they would need to have a sort of love for games too, also lore of those games if we were to have much to talk about when in the house with nothing to do. However when we're doing activities outside, she wouldn't get offended easily, as I picture the perfect girl. Pranking, being pranked, and overall having an intense amount of fun is what I would enjoy.

A person who can encourage me to go outside, then make sure my time spent outside would not be regretted later on. I don't really care for appearances, as long as they're open for a good snuggle.

I find that the better the personality someone has, the more physically attractive they become to me and vice versa. It's like my mind works inside out. xd.png

I need someone who knows how to joke around and have fun, but isn't into getting drunk and partying all the time. Someone who's content with enjoying the small things in life and doesn't worry about all the trivial things. Who can listen to my opinion and give his own without being a jerkface about it (civil conversations are so hard to come by). Someone who can understand my inability to remember things/fear of large crowds/So.A.D. and respect that is a must. Someone who loves doing silly little childish things for the fun of it is always a plus.

Also, the guy must hold my hand. ♥

Someone sweet and loving. Just someone who will treat me right. So far I have not had a lover like that, every person I've been with treated me pretty much like crap. At first they were great and then things just went...down hill.

Looks do not matter to me, I go for personality. So basically someone I can get along with and someone who will treat me the way I would want to treated. I treat my lover's like gold and I just wish I could someone who would treat me like that.

Edited by JadeMutt

Someone that I'm actually attracted to...

I guess someone that likes me back, and is nice, knows how to take a joke... I guess they need to have a good personality haha

I'd like someone as crazy as me!

Also one who Likes music, has an artistic side and is athletic.

Edited by Coolgirl123

I guess im looking for someone who has similar likes :3

But, more importantly, i need someone to disagree with me alot.png and pretty much shout at me. It makes no sense, but i convince myself that im ugly, worthless ect ect, i need someone thats assertive enough that will disagree with it and make me believe it.

Im gonna carry on dreaming ^^

Someone who'd truly love me unconditioned, who'd respect me and like me for who I am. Someone who's intelligent and with whom I can talk about anything, rant, have a shoulder to cry on and cheer me up every time I feel down; Some guy who's a TRUE FRIEND before anything else.

And ... This one guy I'd be able to actually love back. I want to fall in love with everything that he is.

I know he is somewhere... waiting for me to come by. ^^ I can feel it.

Edited by earthgirl

Good sense of humor, pushes me to try to new things, but knows when to ease up.

wub.gif A guy with a great sense of humor, someone who can tolerate, someone who can take things seriously, and can be childish at times. Someone who could make me laugh like no other, someone who shares my interests...

I'm looking for trustworthy guys, someone understanding too. smile.gif Someone who won't a sk to much or to little, someone who can get along with the smaller things in life.Someone who could give love unconditionally and who doesn't care how I look.

It's always what is inside that counts. I'm for someone who could deal with me. xd.png

I can't really think of much... One more thing, someone who wouldn't mind a few random hugs now and then.

I haven't really put to much thought into it!

Someone who's kind, friendly, and patient, and a good listener, not just with me but with people in general. Someone who treats his mother (and sisters, if he has any) with respect and love. Someone who is my intellectual peer, and enjoys smart conversations and playing games. Someone who shares some portion of my geeky interests, though of course it's fine if several of our interests aren't shared. Someone who is a feminist, and who also isn't afraid to say or do things that are typically thought of as "unmanly," i.e. point out that something is beautiful, like flowers, or cry at a touching movie. Someone who loves animals. Someone whose sense of humor tickles my funny bone. Someone who loves to read.

(I'm serious about that last one -- it's actually been a major stumbling block for me in almost all of my past relationships. If you dislike reading, I just don't think I can actually connect with you.)

Someone spiritual, but not necessarily religious. Someone who loves people regardless of their faith, race, or sexuality. Someone who doesn't manipulate. Someone who will move slowly at first; who will be understanding of the fact that I was in an abusive relationship in the past, and will let me set the pace. Someone who can accept and accommodate my panic disorder. Someone who enjoys nature and camping. Someone loyal, trustworthy, and sincere. (Not just honest, but also genuine in their emotions, unafraid to be themselves, having moral integrity, and expressing love in a way that comes naturally to them.)

Someone happy. Someone who likes hugs. And, of course, someone who I am truly in love with.

Edited by Kelkelen

Someone who is as hopeless romantic as I am...and yet still a geeky, nerd, song-singing brony who's not afraid of what people think.

^ I guess I just descrbed my boyfriend right there laugh.gifwub.gif

Simply someone who was willing for a civil conversation and look past my social akwardness and the fact that I do things most girls won't. You have no idea how hard a guy like that is hard to find, or girl for that matter. Mostly you'll know when you know and thats why peoples answers are so different biggrin.gif

I look for different things in men and women.

For both, I have to like their personality. That's key. I like it when people are nice, but blunt when needed.

Though in appearance... with men, I usually like dark hair, dark eyes, and with women, blonde hair, pale skin.

Amerylis.

Someone who is not a a sociopath and understands and accepts my less common traits. Spirituality is a plus, or at least open mindedness.

I want a man who is sweet, sensitive, passionate, protective, funny and who accepts me for everything I am. Including being understanding of my kind of short temper and tendency to come across the wrong way.

For me, it's anyone who can make me laugh and make me feel good about life. He doesn't necissarily have to be good looking. like my friend, for example. At first, I didn't think I'd like him more than a friend. But now, I think I'm beginning to because he makes me happy and he makes me laugh. (:

Looks never really mattered to me much. Personality is was does it for me smile.gif. A male has to be confident and sure of himself without being cocky and not afraid to ask for help. He also has to be open minded.

A female has to also be sure of herself but shy.

I am now married, and what I looked for in a man was that he was my best friend. it sounds cliche, but we were friends for years. We told each other things we couldn't tell anyone else. We enjoyed each other's company no matter WHAT we were doing. We didn't pressure each other into making moves, even kissing! And we were honest with each other. Eventually, we realized that we wanted to take our relationship further, so we started dating. Every date made us fall more and more in love.

Find someone you can truly be yourself with and who doesn't want to change you.