Princess Kiara

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

What is your favorite piece of music from Spirit?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I believe this movie is extremely underrated smile.gif The music rocks. Hans Zimmer is awesome! I don't usually like "plain" music (without words) but Homeland, Canyon Chase, The Chase, Reunion and Train Escape totally take the prize!

So, let's talk Spirit! (You can tell I love the movie...check out my avatar xd.png)

The Chase

Edited by Princess Kiara

Well, I recall seeing and liking it though I haven't seen all of it.

And I agree, Hans Zimmer is awesome.

I will agree that Hans is awesome, but I can't agree that his is the best movie ever...but comparing it to the rest of the crap Dreamworks like to pump out, it's pretty good. It's a nice mix of traditional and digital animation and music that sows off the personality of the film. I do really like it (it's in my movie collection) but it does take a backseat to many other animated films. My favorite song is the song played when the characters are swimming in a lily pond. Also I don't see how music without lyrics would be considered plain. Some of the most powerful music pieces are ones without lyrics.

Also couldn't help but laugh at such a srsfaced avatar up there ^

I love this movie! It has a special place in my heart. I didn't even know that it existed until I was in the theater. We were going to see Star Wars II Attack of the Clones, but I saw a trailer for it while in line to get popcorn. It looked so epic that I went to it instead, and I am glade that I did. It was amazing. Spirit is the reason I started collecting Beyer model horse. I also think it's cool that the animals don't talk.

I have to agree with anyone!

The piece you mentioned, wookieinmashoo, is the instrumental for Nothing I've Ever Known, though most people call it Swimming.

It was a good movie. I liked their decision to keep the protagonist silent (not counting narration), since he was a horse. Not the best film there is, but better than a lot I can name off the top of my head.

And I'm the opposite when it comes to music--normally, I can't stand songs with lyrics in them. I find songs without lyrics to be much more powerful and emotionally captivating. But the songs in this movie were all really nice.

My favorite track from the movie is actually 'Brothers Under the Sun'. I mixed it up with a different song.

Edited by Jackal

I adored Spirit when I was a kid, and I still like it now. I always thought it was a beautiful movie, and I appreciate animated movies a bit more than I do most live-action ones.

I love too many songs from the movie to pick just one. |D

I loved everything about this movie.

That's so funny. I just only watched it today and now I found this thread. I loved all the music, actually; it was very beautifully composed. Hanzimmer. xd.png

I liked Swimming the most, then You Can't Take me. The guy's raspy voice really added to the emotion. ^^;

No joke, I always cry when I watch this movie, I just love it so much! And I have to say, I think the soundtrack, after Back to The Future is my favourite from any other film I've seen. and Bryan Adams sings those songs beautifully <3 My favourites have got to be Here I am, Where I belong and Get Off Of My Back.

I love this movie. I've seen it five times at my friend's house because her little sister is obsessed with it. Not that I mind. My favorite song is "Here I Am."

I loved the scene where the little kid grabs Spirits muzzle and falls down and then he helps him/her back up again...very touching.

My god I love this movie. I've watched it like fifteen times, no joke. My favorite part would have to be when he repeatedly owns the people who are trying to brand him.

Oh, and you know the part when he's in the train and he sees the horses running in the snow? That makes me cry. Every time.

Totally love the movie. Little creek has terrible voice acting, but I can handle it fie. My favorite pieces of music is the opening track, the sequence with the train, Sound the Bugle now, and a few more. I have the soundtrack.

Me and my mother watch this movie every year and I bought the soundtrack.... This is seriously a good movie

It was a good movie. I liked their decision to keep the protagonist silent (not counting narration), since he was a horse. Not the best film there is, but better than a lot I can name off the top of my head.

Same here.

The music was pretty good. c: Sometimes I didn't like it so much, but they did have a few good tracks in there.

I remember when this movie came out <3 I was a kid, and my mind was BLOWN. Completely blown. Back then, I loved the story, the humor, and the cool music. Ten years later, I bought the DVD on a whim, and I still love all of that - but now, I can also appreciate the smooth animation, the design choices, and the historical reflections in it.

Spirit is definitely underrated. It's still a children's movie, but for those who enjoy sitting down and watching them - well, the good ones, anyway - there's plenty there to entertain adults, too.

Oh my God, this movie...I remember watching this two times in the movies theaters. Because I loved it SO, SO much. I have the movie and the soundtrack. Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron will always have a special place in my heart...

I love Little Creek's yell in Leap of Faith. "Ka-chow! Whoo-whoo! Ow-ow-ow! Ha ha ha ha!" tongue.gif

Edited by Princess Kiara

I was obsessed with this movie as a child (I have the DVD) and would spend hours on the bonus feature of How-To-Draw-Spirit. xd.png I got so frustrated, but in the end I learned that having my own style was more important.

I seriously love this movie, it is definitely one I will show my kids and grandkids if/when I have any. I still get it out and watch it every now and then, and I still know all the words to the songs so I sing along.

Oh jeez this movie. I was (and still am) head over heels for this movie. I think it's what fueled my love for horses, or else started it. I absolutely loved every single minute of it, even the end credits.

I agree it's one of the better movies out there, even with such little words. The story's just really clear in the actions and soundtrack. jdfkhgjfkgf I love this movie.

"In a perfect world...

...One we've never known...

...We would never need

To know Spirit's just a story..."

tongue.gif

Awesome movie is full of win and awesome.