Princess Kiara

Star Trek: Voyager

Who is your favorite STV character?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who else likes this? I'm almost done watching the seventh season, which is depressing even though I like it better than any of the others (Shattered is my favorite episode so far! I love how Chakotay takes Janeway hostage. *gasp* Andrews! laugh.gif I didn't think the Captain could be scared until now... xd.png ). The show's almost over for me and it's eating at me....

P.S. One of the Howrse horses I plan to buy (it's a black foundation Hackney mare with the Harmony Pack) will be named Sunshine's Kathryn, rainbowed with Apollo's Lyre!

Edited by Princess Kiara

I've seen almost every episode. There are a few I have missed due to this thing I sometimes have called a 'life'. o3o

My favourite episode is 'The Thaw', although special mention goes to 'Bride of Chaotica' for the sheer cheese xd.png

Out of all of the Star Trek captains Janeway is my favourite. She gets put into so many impossible situations with no higher ups she can go to for advice or help. She may not always make the right decision, but she does what she promises and gets her crew home.

I have to agree. Though I still hold to Shattered as my total fave. It was so funny when Chakotay took her hostage, especially since she looked so freaked out and you know he wouldn't hurt her, not even by mistake. And then when Chaotica called her the Spider Queen, it was so funny! And you could tell Chakotay was jealous. It showed all over biggrin.gif Wonder how she knew where he kept his liquor? biggrin.gif

I'm glad that Chakotay and Janeway never got together *dodges bricks thrown by shippers*. As much as we know he loves her, it just isn't in that respect and it would feel wrong if the writers tried to go down that path.

She's the captain o3o

It would've been really cool if they did get together. It gets boring after a while if all they ever do is have dinner, joke around and argue. And it's obvious she likes him too. They messed up there IMO...I've watched a little over 1/4 the 7th season and I really thought there would be something between them. I was honestly hoping for that smile.gif and now that I know it's not going to happen I'm disappointed. Chakotay's not that far below the Captain-he's first officer and often ends up convincing her to do as he wants anyway. And if she could become romantically involved with a hologram, for crying out loud...! wink.gif

There is a difference between loving someone and being in love with them. I have no fear that Chakotay loved her very much and would have done anything for her, but there wasn't any romantic chemistry between them.

And the deal with the Irish hologram was that Janeway, after several years in space, was in need of some companionship. She even edited the guy so that he suited her needs better. You can't do that with a real person.

Anyway, there needs to be more to a lovers relationship than loneliness and intellect.

Seven of Nine. She has teh bewbs.

*gasp* You used the B-word!

*flop* I still think they were *in love*...or at least Chakotay, more than actual love, was attracted to the Captain, while she just plain liked him. You notice that in Caretaker and later in Shattered she trusts him implicitly almost from the start. smile.gif

How d'ya suppose she knew where Chakotay's liquor stash was?

Edited by Princess Kiara

How d'ya suppose she knew where Chakotay's liquor stash was?

Like I said. She was the captain o3o

Either that or she looked through his stuff when he wasn't not there. Well he is a Maquis.

But I don't think of you as Maquis...

Straight from the horse's Captain's mouth...

Oooh! A Voyager thread! biggrin.gif Star Trek doesn't get nearly enough love! <3

I'm a "Next Generation" girl myself (<3 Picard! <3 Data!) but Voyager is definitely my second favorite. I love the Doctor, I just want to huggle him to death, and B'lanna/Tom are adorable together.

If you're looking for some new sci-fi to start, I recommend Firefly for instant gratification (it's only like 12 episodes, sadly, but they're incredibly good) and Farscape if you're patient. It takes at least a season and a half to "click," but once it does, HOLY WOW that show is insanely awesome. So, yeah! biggrin.gif

Love Captain Janeway. I might end up writing a whole fanfic about her friendship with some random kid. tongue.gif Will probably post it on my deviantART, if I ever finish it. wink.gif Yay Magical Master Captain! tongue.gif

They say Kate Mulgrew referred to Janeway as a 'psychopath'. ??? I told my grandma (who barely speaks any English, but is eerily adept at deducing the story from the characters' facial expressions, tones of voice and other body language) and she said she agrees, she doesn't like the captain because she is very 'strange' and has 'strange reactions'. I said, "But the definition of psychopath is a person who is aggressively antisocial!" And she said, "Yes, at times, she's very strange." I didn't say anything. Just turned around and left. What's weird about Janeway? When is she ever 'aggressively antisocial'? Any input here? ;p

Edited by Princess Kiara

Out of all the Star Trek series, this one is my favorite one. I pretty much watched all the episodes, but couldn't watch all of them (because most of the time they were on at night while I was little).

I pretty much love all of the characters and the episodes. biggrin.gif

This was my least favorite Star Trek so far(still have to watch Enterprise). I voted for Tuvok, but it's hard to decide between Tuvok, Neelix, Seven and the Doctor. Vulcans are awesome, I've liked just about every Vulcan I've seen. I really like Vorik, too! smile.gif Paris was okay. I really didn't like Janeway or B'Elanna. I didn't much like Kim either. Naomi and Icheb were awesome. smile.gif I liked Kes up until the episode Fury. I still wish Kes hadn't left and had gotten with Neelix. sad.gif The original Q is another of my favorite characters. tongue.gif Didn't much like Lady Q; Q Jr. and the very first Q Voyager met were alright.

Edited by Raikielia

I loved Deep Space Nine, Next Generation and Voyager! Kira Nerys is my favourite character followed closely by Beverly Crusher and Kathryn Janeway. I've enjoyed following the Voyager stories in the books that followed but I think I've missed the last few (and something major happened in one that I wasnt to see reversed...)

I even have a Voyaher/Janeway mint dragon. Its parents (who have lost their Trekkie names) are from the scroll of Voyager. laugh.gif

My favorite episode, the one I never get tired of, is 'The Thaw' It creeps me out and yet is so entertaining. Voyager's only downfall would be Neelix in my opinion. Too whiny, not enough comedy, not much plot to him. Still, love the series.

I've only seen the original Star Trek, and I love that. Then there's Voyager and Deep Space Nine and Next Generation and Enterprise and maybe some I'm forgetting.

How does Voyager compare to the original??

I watched all of Voyager a while ago, but I sort of forgot some of it. So I'm re watching it from the beginning. I'm on season one.

I love Star Trek Voyager smile.gif It's my favourite of all the Star Treks.

Tom Paris is the best! He's funny, bold, and I think he's kinda cute wub.gif

How does Voyager compare to the original??

I like Voyager better, it has more of a continuing story. Also in Voyager the characters personalities develop more.

I enjoy watching Voyager and as for character I like Commander Chakotay, but Deep Space 9 wae the best one show out of the 3...

three? There is five shows. Original, Next Generation, Voyager, Deep Space Nine, and Enterprise.

Edited by sparkle10184

There is no question: I did not even hesitate. Captain Janeway! laugh.gif

It seems like ages ago when I watched Star Trek Voyager. I remember the show fondly but I don't remember the details much. I do remember watching all the episodes though.

Strangely, I never thought of a favorite character for this series. I think that all the characters are likable. But perhaps my favorite character would either be Tuvok, Seven of Nine, or Kes. I liked Kes and she was really beautiful when she had long curly hair. It bothered me that she died then came back with short hair and was evil. laugh.gif It was only for one episode but still.

Edited by Natevaelle

I enjoy watching Voyager and as for character I like Commander Chakotay, but Deep Space 9 waS the best one show out of the 3...