Quasismiles

Safety Blanket books?

If anyone has ever heard of The Mysterious Benedict Society books, I've always really enjoyed those. Some other memorable ones would include Chasing Vermeer and Warriors (like others have said, haha). And of course, Harry Potter. biggrin.gif I don't know why, but I have this strange habit of rereading people's autobiographies/biographies when I'm sad? Like I've read Gabby Gifford's biography oodles of times, which I guess is kind of odd, but still. alot.png

all the Discworld books. also Watership Down, which is my favorite single book, and which I've read nearly a hundred times.

The House on Mango Street. It's my favorite book and it feels like a second home to me. It's guaranteed to make me feel grounded and bring me down from an anxiety high, and even though it's a very short book and I've read it so many times I could recite it, I never get bored with it. <3

I actually tend to veer towards picture-filled books. I've really gotta concentrate when I read books to remember characters and plot, so just some concept art annuals or simple comic books keep me satiated. I guess I feel better when I can put my mind at rest and the pictures are all there for me. tongue.gif

Harry Potter is my #1 safety blanket. I've probably read the series 20+ times and I'm still not sick of it. It brings me back to my childhood, to simpler days :~)

I also tend to read twilight obsessively every summer when I'm on vacation, and The Hunger Games hasn't failed me yet. Divergent used to be a comfort series until Veronica Roth pulled that last book out if her butt and called it a story. I'd prefer to forget about that series now tongue.gif

Edited by Lady Artemis

I mostly return to fantasy series, but it varies from month to month. This month it's Percy Jackson.

For me, particularly the Titans curse or the battle of the labyrinth.

Although, I've read the Summoning by Kelly Armstrong (darkest powers trilogy) so many times I skim through the pages and analyse when two of the characters fell in love. I have every novella that came out and the darkest rising trilogy that is tied to the first.

Harry Potter series and A Song of Ice and Fire books. I'm not sure what about them makes me feel so safe, but they do.

Usually it's "The night on the Lonesome October" by Roger Zelazny, but I do prefer to listen to the audiobook, rather than read it.

Harry Potter happy.gif

Firebird by Mercedes Lackey

Eternity Road by Jack McDevitt

Alice and Phoebe Cary's Poems

I absolutely LOVE re-reading The Song of the Lioness quartet by Tamora Pierce. It was my favorite series as a kid, and even now as an adult I love it! Pierce is my favorite author and I own most of her books, but I can't help reading Alanna's story the most often. Whenever I read it I notice little nuances that I didn't notice the last time I read it, and it just brings me back to my childhood.

I'll read The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan or an Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir (I got an advanced Readers Copy a year ago and I've read it like 6 times I love it so much wub.gif )

A Corner of The Universe, my favorite book.

Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban, because I love Sirius.

Um...there are many more that I can't think of. I don't have many books (I only have 30-40 at the moment) so I am constantly rereading books.

I would say my two go to books/series at the moment are The Lord of the Rings and the Percy Jackson series.

I would also throw in, depending on what kind of mood I'm in to need a security blanket book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Pride and Prejudice, and Jane Eyre.