TJ09

2012-03-14 - Rule Update

IS THAT ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELF?

Also obligatory thank you. Also I thought this was in place already but that just goes to show how much I pay attention.

HMMMM???

Also I thought this was in place already but that just goes to show how much I pay attention.

Same here blink.gif

But happy [late] Pi Day everyone happy.gif And happy [late] rule updating too, I guess xd.png

EDIT: My 100th post x.x

Edited by cfmtfm

Txs TJ

May I make a suggestion for the last rule ? I suggest we add the posting of private information among the things that should not be allowed on posts.

Most forums I go to, the posting of someone else's personal information on the forum is not allowed. It is forbidden to publicly post someone else's email, real life name, rl address, work email, phone, school, etc.. (Users may talk and exchange personal info on their forum PMs, just not on topics or threads)

Some forums allow you to post YOUR OWN information on a forum post, if you are older than 14.

Most forums I go forbid even that, to avoid email harvesters and other bots from canvassing their forums. Emails and addresses can be harvested by spam bots and used for massive spam, or worse, it can be used by the nuts out there to harm someone.

Oh no! I can't live under such oppressive rules! I must commit Hari Kari in protest! Waaaa.. tongue.gif

Good to know the rules are around. Thanks for the update. biggrin.gif

Awesome, thanks for the update TJ!

The new rules look good to me. smile.gif

Oh no! I can't live under such oppressive rules! I must commit Hari Kari in protest! Waaaa.. tongue.gif

Good to know the rules are around. Thanks for the update. biggrin.gif

None of that now! *mild-to-moderate violence, possibly featuring cephalopods and seltzer bottles*

In the spirit of alot.png, I propose the development of DC-specific interjections, not as profanity or to bypass censors, but to offer a replacement to the censor-bypassing interjections used in pop culture (e.g. frak, gorram), to wit, so's nobody gets banninated because a mod doesn't watch scifi.

Also, because such things amuse me.

Nice! Thanks for the update on the new rules.

This has confused me since I started. If it is spam to post eggs in our forum sigs, is it not then also spam to post a link in a forum sig begging people to click on your eggs?

I want it to be very clear I am NOT talking about links to our scrolls so people can view our collections. I am referring to signatures that not only have a scroll link, but also include verbiage begging people to please help and save their precious eggs. This text is also sometimes in very large bright text.

I just wanted to know that if begging for clicks via posts or threads is considered spam, does the same thing in forum sigs count as well?

This has confused me since I started. If it is spam to post eggs in our forum sigs, is it not then also spam to post a link in a forum sig begging people to click on your eggs?

I want it to be very clear I am NOT talking about links to our scrolls so people can view our collections. I am referring to signatures that not only have a scroll link, but also include verbiage begging people to please help and save their precious eggs. This text is also sometimes in very large bright text.

I just wanted to know that if begging for clicks via posts or threads is considered spam, does the same thing in forum sigs count as well?

People are allowed to ask for views in their signature as long as they haven't linked their eggs, since signatures are kind of like a thing just for you/to share and there is no subject for them. (Allowing people to post eggs causes lots of issues in modding and can put strain on the server, since we have a bunch of DC users concentrated here.) If you notice people using obnoxious fonts/sizes/colors or such that hurt your eyes, then you can report that to a mod and we can get that changed to something more easy on the eyes. :3

I have noticed that some people have avatar pictures which contain nudity, albeit cartoon or artistic nudity. I have also noticed some avatars depict sexual acts on the part of humans, humanoids, or animals. How does this square with the no nudity or sexual content rule?

I have noticed that some people have avatar pictures which contain nudity, albeit cartoon or artistic nudity. I have also noticed some avatars depict sexual acts on the part of humans, humanoids, or animals. How does this square with the no nudity or sexual content rule?

If you see an inappropriate avatar (or signature) please either report a post of that users' and let us know about the avatar or PM a mod with the users' name or profile link. Avatars and signatures should also follow board rules. Asking for clicks/views is an exception because they're allowed to post their scroll in their signature, whereas that doesn't belong in a post. :3