Skellybones

Different

Sirin stared after Charlotte in disbelief. Didn't she want to go back to the other winged people? Didn't she want to go home? Oh well, it was okay with Sirin. She flapped her wings to loosen them up a bit. Um...we'll, ok Iris, let's try to find the treehouse they've all been talking about, shall we? she spoke with a bit of prim annunciation, signalling her insecurities. Although Sirin tried to hide it, she was nervous. What if no one was there? What if they didn't find the treehouse? What if she was turned away? Trying not to think of this, Sirin continued on, expecting Iris to follow.

Iris saw Sirin turn, but since she already stumbled upon the tree house earlier, she knew she was heading the wrong way. “Wait, Sirin, I was just at the treehouse, and it's that way,” Iris warned Sirin, pointing in the opposite direction. “I fortunately came upon it when I was searching for a place to stay,” she added, smiling. Iris skipped into the maze of trees in the direction of the wooden makeshift home and waited for Sirin to join her, happy that she could already help her new friend out. Her eyes scanned the thick forest around her and she felt calmer than she had in years. Never once did she feel such bliss at home, or when she was wandering alone. It felt good to have someone there to accompany and, maybe eventually, support her as she would them. She looked back over to Sirin to see if she had heard her instruction.

The black haired girl’s face reminded her of her sister, Bea, who was without wings. She missed her older sister dearly and wished that she could be home with her. Although Iris had always loved her wings, no matter what trouble they caused for her, she would give them up to see her sister again. Her green eyes showed sorrow for the first time in years (she refused frown and would never show sadness) as she remembered her promise to her caring sister. But she soon snapped out of her daydreams, remembering Sirin’s presence.

((Just in case, I'm going to note that the parenthesis in the second paragraph are not OoC, as they are single and not doubled up like these here.))

Edited by Dauntingale

Sirin turned around and followed Iris. She noticed that the other girl stared at her for a bit and appeared to be daydreaming. Sirin sighed and kept walking, tired and eager to find the treehouse. When Iris snapped out of her trance, Sirin noticed. Wanna fly? It may help you clear your mind. Plus, I need to stretch out my wings. Sirin spoke quietly, but clearly. Her face was turned up to the sky and she had a faint smile on her face, it was almost as if she was staring into the eyes of an old friend that she saw but was shy to approach. The wind blew her hair back away from her face and she felt as if the sky had answered her. She flapped her wings and took to the sky, though she didn't leave her new friend behind, being only a few feet above the ground. She felt weightless and free in the sky. Like a bird who soared without any captors. Although Sirin knew she would never be free, her mind tricked her and she felt it.

Her pure white wings, although stained with blood and dirt, looked more graceful against the grey-blue sky and she looked happier overall. Sirin couldn't hide her happiness, though sadness always dashed her joy. The fire flashed before her eyes. The choked screams. The cries for help. No, she mustn't remember that. It was too late. It showed in her face what she was feeling. Sadness. Anger. Regret. She would never recover from those wounds. She would never heal her soul from that evil.

Sirin held back the tears. No. She couldn't. She wouldn't. She refused to cry in front of the other winged girl. No. She would only cry by heraldry. She would only cry when she was alone.

Still, it was too late. A tear trickled down her cheek. Though the managed ti hold back the rest, she couldn't help the one that had deviated.