Skellybones

Different

(Woops, sorry, I copy+pasted from another RP)

(*edits*)

((Meh. I don't really like playing NPCs... ^^ Charlotte... She's just going to get herself lost, stay out in the wilderness for the night, then head back to the treehouse.))

(Thanks and sorry for that screw-up.)

(Should she magically appear in the treehouse or get found by someone?)

(Lol. I'll make her start out by wandering in the forest...)

Sirin pushed through the plant life. It was dark, so she blended in pretty well, except for her pale skin, which stuck out like a sore thumb. Still, Sirin pushed through the muck. Her face was streaked with dirt and mud and her feet and wings were sore from travelling so far. Her hands were cut with thorns, so she had become numb after a few days of wandering. The woman hoped desperately that someone would come upon her and give her food and shelter. If she could convince her rescuer that her wings were fake then she would have a chance.

Sirin stared down at her dirty boots in dismay. At least when she got to a water source she could wash them, but her hands would take time to heal. Her wings weren't flyable because they had gotten so torn and damaged that she couldn't lift her, but they, too, would heal. Sirin took a rest under a friendly-looking tree and slept, dreaming of a normal life.

Ebony thrashed against the policeman. Sarah and Flint emerging to help her, only to be leapt upon by more policemen. She pulled the man's hand away from her mouth, just enough to let out a cry. "Heeell-" She yelled as the man snapped his hand back into place. Ebony's wings flapped around, trying to push him off. "Looks like we're going to have to drug them. Take it away, boys..." A voice said, as a policewoman emerged from the trees on the other side of the trio. The men around them nodded, one drawing out a gun. He loaded a dart. "Now this won't hurt one bit..."

The last Ebony heard was the click of the gun. Before she fell into a cold sleep.

I'd like to join to gain some RP experience myself. smile.gif

Username: Dauntingale

Name: Iris Win

How old they look: 15

Appearance: Strawberry blonde hair sprawls down Iris’ back and nearly flows past her wings, which are an off-white color with hints of dark yellow matching her hair. Her long lashes constantly conceal her bright green eyes. She loves wearing bright clothing and sneakers.

Personality: A clever and cheerful girl no matter what the situation. She tried to make the best of things and look on the bright side. If she isn’t smiling, the world must be upside down. She isn’t battle hardened whatsoever and is still adjusting to all the abandonment her wings had caused her. She is sensitive on the inside, though she doesn’t show it outwardly.

History: Her loving parents tried to accept her and help her live a normal life, but it got to pressuring for them and Iris saw that. One day when another family showed public disrespect of her parents in her father's own business--a small restaurant--she decided she had caused enough trouble and grief for her loved ones. The next night, she packed a few things, left a note, and ran away.

Good things about them: She tries to make the best of things and look on the bright side. If she isn’t smiling, the world must be upside down. She is very witty and can get out of many situations with her brains and nimble fingers (she used to play many instruments).

Bad things about them: She isn’t strong (physically and emotionally) and is still adjusting. She doesn’t always make the best decisions in life despite her cleverness.

I'd like to join to gain some RP experience myself. smile.gif

Username: Dauntingale

Name: Iris Win

How old they look: 15

Appearance: Strawberry blonde hair sprawls down Iris’ back and nearly flows past her wings, which are an off-white color with hints of dark yellow matching her hair. Her long lashes constantly conceal her bright green eyes. She loves wearing bright clothing and sneakers.

Personality: A clever and cheerful girl no matter what the situation. She tried to make the best of things and look on the bright side. If she isn’t smiling, the world must be upside down. She isn’t battle hardened whatsoever and is still adjusting to all the abandonment her wings had caused her. She is sensitive on the inside, though she doesn’t show it outwardly.

History: Her loving parents tried to accept her and help her live a normal life, but it got to pressuring for them and Iris saw that. One day when another family showed public disrespect of her parents in her father's own business--a small restaurant--she decided she had caused enough trouble and grief for her loved ones. The next night, she packed a few things, left a note, and ran away.

Good things about them: She tries to make the best of things and look on the bright side. If she isn’t smiling, the world must be upside down. She is very witty and can get out of many situations with her brains and nimble fingers (she used to play many instruments).

Bad things about them: She isn’t strong (physically and emotionally) and is still adjusting. She doesn’t always make the best decisions in life despite her cleverness.

((Accepted!))

(Welcome, Dauntingale.)

Sirin awoke with a start. Her forehead was damp with dribbles of sweat and she was breathing quickly. She whipped her head around to examine her surroundings closely. See that nothing was there, Sirin got up and started off on her way again.

Sirin no longer cared how dirty she was or how bad she smelled, she only cared about finding suitable shelter and resources.

Sirin kept wandering westward, or, at least, what she believed was westward.

As she pulled through another huge thicket of thorns and bracken, she cut herself. The cut bled out and dripped onto the ground drop by drop. Disgusted by the sight, Sirin covered the wound with a bunch of moss that she had cleaned off in a small puddle of water in case she needed it. Know she did need that moss. The blood soaked through and once the moss couldn't absorb any more, she wrung it out painfully and put the moss on the wound again. It became apparent that this wound was more serious than the others by the third time she had to wring out the moss, and by that time, the moss was useless and in small shreds.

Sirin did her best to ignore the pain as she walked but each movement that she made hurt her and made her cringe. She finally came upon a small stream, which was more like an elongated puddle than a stream, but it was flowing, so she thought of it as a small stream.

In the stream, she washed her hand off. Sirin was in a crouching position, which she knew was a very vulnerable one, but it was imparitive that she wash her wound before it got infected.

When Sirin finished, she stood up and shook her hand repeatedly to shake off the extra water that remained.

Sirin then stood and watched and waited for something to stir, she hadn't eaten in a while, so she decided to hunt something, even if she only had her bare hands to aid her.

Ebony sat up. The smooth surface beneath her was cold. She rubbed her eyes, opening them enough to be able to see. She drank in her surroundings. The metal floor, walls and ceiling. The narrow door set to one side, a winder emerging near the top. The bundle of straw she was sitting in. The musty smell drifting around, leaving her head spinning. Ebony sat for a while, trying to regain focus. Where was she? Where was Flint and Sarah? Her hands raised to her temples. She rubbed them, soothing the headache that threatened to come. Where might she be?

((Edited for typos))

Edited by Shadowwolf6

Charlotte searched through the forest, quietly whispering Nova's name while she walked. Dodging under branches and over shrubbery wasn't pleasant, but she needed to find Nova. She didn't know if she would be able to find her way back without her. Looking up at the sky, Charlotte began to shiver. It was dark and getting cold. Usually she was finding a place to hide and sleep by now, but..... She had to find Nova.

Looking up at the sky, she didn't notice figure that was standing with her back to her. The large white wings weren't clearly visible; from where Charlotte stood she looked like just another regular human. Charlotte finally brought her gaze down and gasped, ducking. Her wings made a racket as she shoved herself under a thick bush. Hopefully... She would get scared and run. If she came to look for her... She'd most definitely find her.

Sirin heard a rustle nearby. She gulped, fearing it was something evil. Curiousity still pushed her on, though, and she looked for the creature that had caused the noise. She saw red wingtips peaking their way above the bush. Sirin couldn't believe her eyes. As she continued to approach, she saw that she had been right, another winged human! Hello, there! she greeted, trying to sound normal. Sirin longed for someone who could understand her, and there she was!

Sirin had her wings folded up behind her, but a few stray feathers peeked out and they contrasted with the rest of Sirin's outfit. Her black hair was filthy, but not too messed up and her face was caked with mud, making her look like she had been wandering for mere hours and not weeks.

The other girl appeared to have been looking for someone. Nova, that was the name! The other girl looked to be about 15 or 16, but maybe she was a bit older. Sirin looked around, but there was no sign of anyone else around. Looking for someone? she asked.

Edited by Mousia

Charlotte looked up through the leaves of the bush, seeing the girl. She watched her silently for a moment, then sighed with relief as she saw the wings. "God, you scared me." She pushed the branches away, stepping from the bush. "Did Ebony send you? Nova probably made her way back to the tree house and told her I got lost." She rolled her eyes, thinking about how she wouldn't have gotten lost in the first place if she had kept up with her. "Come on then, we should get back. My name's Charlotte, what's yours?"

Taking a closer look at this new stranger, she noticed the ruggedness of her appearance. She had rips all over her clothing, and blood dripped from her fingertips. She grimaced at the dirt and mud on the girl's face. "Did you fall on your face or something? Here..." She dug through her bag and pulled out a small rag. "You should clean yourself off." Along with the small square of cloth, she pulled out a bandage and gauze. "Where are you hurt? It's not smart to wander around leaving a blood trail behind. The wild animals will eventually sniff you out."

Iris flew right into a tree as she didn’t have much practice using her wings yet. She laughed at herself and continued on, past the tree. She had no clue where to start and it had already been three days since she left her home. She hoped her parents would be living a happier life now. They could say they finally handed her over to the government. She knew they’d cover for her. She flew low through the forest at first, but now she was risking higher flight.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw something, or someone nearby. It could be the authorities, so she was careful not to make any sound. She decided to land, as the sounds her amateur, white-yellow wings made would surely give her away. She finger-brushed her strawberry blonde hair, now sweat and dirt ridden, and continued on her way. A song was stuck in her head, and she had a strong urge to hum as she always did, but she might be caught if she made any sound at all. She was careful to steer clear of the dried leaves and broken branches that would crackle under her feet.

As she was walking, she spotted wall made of wood in a tree. Thinking this was out of place, she went to inspect the structure. She thought it looked rather like a treehouse. Suspicious, and curious as she was, she couldn’t stay away. It had a safe, friendly aura emanating from it that attracted her. She flew up to the doorway and knocked, but it seemed no one was there. She decided to wait outside, atop a nearby tree until someone came by.

(How is it? smile.gif )

Edited by Dauntingale

I'm Sirin. Who's Ebony and who's Nova? Do they have wings, too? What treehouse? Sirin let all her questions out at once. Her face had a faint bit of anger in it which had stemmed from her inability to understand what this girl was speaking of. As the girl named Charlotte handed her a cloth to wipe herself off, she did, though she didn't really feel completely clean. Sirin also took the gauze after she cleaned her face off and wrapped her hand. The pure white bandage had a red spot at the center of the palm of her right hand, her dominant one.

Sirin finished with the gauze and handed it back to Charlotte. As she did, she followed the girl's gaze and saw that her dress was torn on the skirt in several places and had a small cut across the stomach that curled around her waist to her back, slightly inclined upwards. Embarrassed, Sirin smiled nervously and her cheeks went from pale pink to red in an instant.

In attempt to cover up the rip, Sirin tried to use her wings to arc around and cast a shadow over the rip, amking it unnoticeable. Unfortunately, her wings were so stiff that they would not move beyond a few centimeters of wiggling. Where is the treehouse, anyway?

Edited by Mousia

Slowly, leaning on the wall, Ebony stood up. A spark of pain whizzed through her wings. Her wings! How could she forget! Ebony glanced down at her sides, trying to move her wings. The felt... bound. She felt around behind her, running her hand over the soft surface of many feathers. She felt the thick rope tying them to her back, fixing them in place. Ebony thought for a moment. The police. Her wings... Now she knew where she was. She knew what to do now. She had to escape.

Charlotte blinked at Sirin, then widened her eyes. "You mean... Ebony didn't send you?" She flipped her long blond hair back then smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, I thought you were with them." Clearing her throat, she started to explain to the best of her abilities. "Well... I don't understand it very well... But there are others like us, and they built a tree house or something, and as they started finding other people, the group got bigger and bigger." Charlotte smiled proudly. "I just found them today, actually. And..." She looked back over her shoulder. "I was trying to show Nova where the berries grew.... But she got left behind and I've been trying to find her."

She looked to the bandage on the new girl's hand, then sighed. "It would probably be best to go straight back to the tree house. I can tell Ebony about Nova then, and it would be easier from a central point." She gestured to Sirin to follow her then turned towards her secret path. "Come on. Being with these people is better than being alone. We'll find our way back."

Not even knowing she had fallen asleep, Iris awoke reluctantly to rustling nearby. She saw two heads poking up from behind some bushes and was instantly alert, shocked from her drowsy state. Flying higher up and seeking cover in the tree she was previously sleeping in, she decided to spy on the two unknown girls. She wondered what they’d be doing in the middle of a forest. When their figures emerged from the bushes, she realized they had wings, one with a red pair and the other’s was pure white. They seemed to have been in here for a while as their hair and clothes were dirtied by mud and other debris. Iris’ lips formed a wide grin and her mood was even brighter than it already was. She had finally found a place to start.

The happy girl was about to camp out in the leaves for a while before revealing herself, but with her shaky, unstable stance on a thin branch of the tree, she inevitably fell. Fortunately, she had enough sense to flutter her wings before she hit the ground and broke her neck. Now fully exposed to the pair of her own kind, she had no clue what to do, or say.

(This is Sirin and Charlotte she sees, if you don’t mind. I hope I got your characters’ wing colors right! smile.gif )

Edited by Dauntingale

Sirin nodded to Charlotte. She was pleased with the prospect of more winged people. Secretly, she hoped that some kind of government had been established within the group, but she didn't have high hopes, since most yound people didn't think of those things naturally. Sirin exercised her wings as the went along the secret path. After about five minutes, her wings were moving normally again, bough they still ached a bit.

Suddenly, a girl fell out of a tree, but caught herself in the air with her wings before hitting the ground. Wait...this girl also had wings? Fabulous! But was she part of the group with Ebony and Nova and Charlotte? Or was she alone, like Sirin had been?

The girl had reddish-blonde hair and yellowish wings that somewhat matched her hair. Sirin stared in wonder. How odd. She had never seen anyone like that before. How intriguing!

Intriguing was the right word to describe the day.

Who are you? Sirin finally asked the girl. She was curious about the girl, even more so than Charlotte. Well, to be fair, Charlottle hadn't fallen out of a tree. She wondered about both girls for a while until her brain grew tired of thought and stuttered to a stop.

(Yes, the wing colors are correct. Encountering her is fine, it adds drama!)

Edited by Mousia

When the white winged girl spoke to her, her smile grew impossibly wider. To the girls’ question, she replied, “I’m a happy camper,” and laughed at her own lame joke. “Just kidding, though that’s pretty true. My name is Iris. Iris Win. I ran away from home a few days ago and I’ve been wandering around looking for a place to start. When I saw you two, I was ecstatic. I didn’t know there were more winged folk. And now I’m rambling,” she realized all her words and sentences had stuck together due to the speed she was going at and chuckled nervously. She concluded, “What are your names?”

She looked back and forth between the two and instantly trusted them. Her heart was pounding with excitement at this new discovery. She also glanced at the treehouse and wondered if that was their doing; it must be. Again, she speculated over the fact that they had wings, and quickly added, “Are you two the only winged humans residing here?” There must be more in their group unless they too, were alone. If those with wings really were numerous, they could even start their own race, or at least, a community. Maybe they could take over a whole state and have an army. Iris laughed giddily at her own ambitious thoughts, but quickly stopped before they could decide that she was crazy.

Edited by Dauntingale

(Sirin is the one with black hair and white wings. xd.png)

Sirin smiled at the girl. I'm Sirin, nice to meet you! There are more winged people, the treehouse is like a base where we can all just...live. I'm sure that a few newcomers wont bother the others one bit. she responded to Iris with a twinkle in her eye. 'More winged people! Why haven't I found them 'till now? Oh well, it doesn't matter!' Sirin thought. Perhaps Iris would be able to help them in some way. Maybe she had skills. Maybe they could make a huge group of winged people and show the humans that they weren't too be messed with. Then again, they might all get captured by the government. Eh, maybe that wasn't such a good idea.

Ebony wandered over the the door, trying to forget about her wings. She ran her hand over the metal, examining it. Hoping to find a weakness. There had to be something. The shutter on the top. It was open. She put her hand through, searching for maybe a key or something. Good thing this was so low, if it wasn't she wouldn't have been able to get to the door. She felt around blindly, until her hand found the key. She turned it, this short task requiring only a bit of concentration. A click rewarded her and she swung the door open. She glanced around. Taking in her surroundings. Three cells placed at the end of a corridor. She slid open the small shutters on the other two, discovering Flint and Sarah in them. She unlocked the doors. Now they had to escape.

((Hey guys, sorry, I don't have time to write a response. I'm leaving for camp and I won't be back until the 28th. Go ahead and have Sirin and Iris go on without Charlotte. She'll camp out in the forest until I get back.))

Charlotte looked between the two girls, then back into the woods. "Um, hey, you guys, you should probably head on without me." She looked back in the direction they were traveling, then pointed a bit to the left. "I'm guessing the tree house is in that direction. If someone's there, they'll welcome you and get you situated. I have to go do something, but I'll join up with you eventually." With that she turned and ran back into the darkness of the trees.