pinkgothic

The League of Impatient Cave Cleaners ~trading~

Have you ever wanted to gift an egg or hatchling to someone you saw was putting an effort into raising cave blocker species to help the ratios, and ended up frustrated by response times on gifting lists?

The League of Impatient Cave Cleaners is meant as a trading variant of the (fantastic!) Cave Plumbers principle in an attempt to 'fix' this problem.

wink.giflaugh.gif

Purpose:

1) To help get more variety in the cave by encouraging the raising of caveblocker species.

2) To help people with slow connections get breeds that they usually can't catch themselves.

This is still a gifting / rewarding thread in spirit, please keep that in mind.

The Rules

user posted image

You may offer:

You may request:
  • Any caveblocker species hatchling(s).

Please avoid asking for specific species; it's not prohibited, just discouraged. If you want scoring tips, check out this link.

-

Pre-emptive clarifications for sticklers <3:

• the rare trading center defines some species as rares only when they're caveborn or a certain generation, the same definition applies here, e.g. a caveborn blusang is a rare, a lineaged blusang is not
  • you may reject offers on your trade for any reason, but please be kind
  • caveborn non-blocker species may be offered as eggs or hatchlings
  • rares may be offered as eggs or hatchlings
  • please try to limit offers of breed-onlies to low-gen; this isn't a hard restriction, though.
  • you may both request or offer as many dragons as you like, 'one for one' is not mandated or even meant to be implied
  • you can of course mix egg and hatchling offers if offering multiples
  • you are welcome to set up further rules, for example:
    • trading partner must have scroll visible and less than a silver trophy
    • trading partner must have scroll visible and none of the dragon type being offered
    • trading partner must have scroll visible and no dead eggs
    • trading partner must also send PM with info why they want the egg
  • you may not ask for eggs, even within multiple requests
  • you may not offer caveblockers, even within multiple offers
-

Note: You will almost inevitably get a few offers that don't qualify as caveblockers. How you treat such offers is up to you, though please consider prioritising actual caveblocker offers; if you don't, you're undermining the thread purpose.

Caveblocker

user posted image

Caveblockers are:

Eggs that sit in the biomes and aren't picked up in a timely fashion.

(Species that clog 'only' the AP are not usually considered.)

Caveblockers currently are:

This list is a guideline, not a hard rule. Advice for revision is always appreciated.

-

• user posted image Albino
  • user posted image Balloon
  • user posted image Bright-Breasted Wyvern / Spotted
  • user posted image Canopy
  • user posted image Coastal Waverunner
  • user posted image Dark Myst Pygmy
  • user posted image Daydream
  • user posted image Deepsea
  • user posted image Electric
  • user posted image Guardian
  • user posted image Green / Earth / Pebble
  • user posted image Grey / Storm / Fog
  • user posted image Horse
  • user posted image Mint
  • user posted image Misfit Pygmy
  • user posted image Moonstone
  • user posted image Neotropical
  • user posted image Nilia Pygmy
  • user posted image Nocturne
  • user posted image Ochredrake
  • user posted image Pygmy
  • user posted image Red-Finned Tidal
  • user posted image Skywing
  • user posted image Spitfire
  • user posted image Seragamma Wyvern
  • user posted image Speckle-Throated
  • user posted image Spotted Greenwing
  • user posted image Stone
  • user posted image Swallowtail
  • user posted image Sunstone
  • user posted image Terrae
  • user posted image Water
  • user posted image Waterhorse
  • user posted image Waterwalker
  • user posted image Whiptail
Edited by pinkgothic

· examples ·

Have:

user posted imageCB magi egg

Want:

Cave-blocker species hatchling (CB or lineaged does not matter; gendered or non-gendered also does not matter). Make an offer?

Have:

user posted imageCB ember hatchling, ungendered

Want:

Two caveborn cave-blocker species hatchlings (any species). Offer in PM and supply scroll link, please!

For crossposting in other threads, if you want to make your purpose clear, I recommend this template:

Have:

Want:

Cave-blocker species hatchling (CB or lineaged does not matter; gendered or non-gendered also does not matter). This is effectively meant to be a giveaway to anyone that's been dedicated enough to raise a hatchling. Gimme your dirty laundry!

There are currently no 'co-moderators' of this thread, nor do I consider myself a thread moderator. I honestly hope the thread can manage itself, so there will be minimal intervention going on (at least at first - if it turns out it's necessary, I can obviously fix that).

There are also no buttons, though you're welcome to make some if you think this idea is neat enough to be supported with buttons in signatures! ohmy.gif We have some now! Thank you!

· buttons and banners ·

...created by Tiga:

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=133789][img=http://draco.thorngale.net/league01.gif][/url]

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=133789][img=http://draco.thorngale.net/league02.gif][/url]

· related threads ·

· thread history ·
  • 2016-02-05:
Added Prize Central as a reference, since prizes are no longer traded in the metallic trading centre, and changed the link that previously pointed to the rare trading centre to the rare trading bazaar, its successor. Also removed ~~ Flood Control ~~ (a contest) and the Common Collector's Competition from the related threads, since those projects appear to be dead, and updated the Holly Contest link to this year's thread.

2014-03-29: Tiga made a button and a banner for us! Thank you very much! I used the opportunity to change the formatting of the second post a little bit since we have a new section in it now, and to add some more blocker species: Red-Finned Tidals, Speckle-Throated Dragons, Spotted Greenwings, Swallowtails and Seragamma Wyverns. As always, feel free to weigh in about those. (They've been taken from a scour of tracking data collected for the RTC, but it's just a few samples of the dragon population.)

2014-01-05: Polished the rules and clarifications for comprehension ('breed-only species' is now 'hybrids'; and the rare trading center example was out of date... again *sighs, then laughs*).

2013-07-13: Horses and daydreams relisted.

2013-06-05: Temporarily unlisted horses, strike-out only, because of the new hybrids. (Daydreams will be re-listed soon.) Thanks goes to misslillierose for the heads-up!

2013-05-18: Moved thread history and related threads into the second post; added a link for those who are looking for some tips with scoring offers.

2013-05-05: Rule revision: In response to the generation restrictions that are being added to the RTC, metallics from the Metallic Trade Centre are also fair game as offers.

2013-04-20: Added a link to the Caveborn Gifter thread.

2013-04-07: Temporarily unlisted daydreams, strike-out only, because of the new hybrids.

2013-04-05: Removed seawyrms from the caveblocker list; they've gotten surprisingly scarce for pygmies. Also added moonstones, since they're no longer rarer than sunstones.

2013-03-24: Noticed I never updated the link to the RTC. Okay, that's super embarrassing - and equally hilarious. Sorry about that! *laughs at herself* Also did a general check of thread links; updated the Holly contest link and tossed the AP project thread as it's been closed.

2013-03-10: Added sunstones to the caveblocker list (v_v sorry for the delay; been a bit preoccupied with the RTC *dies of shame*).

2012-09-19: Added seawyrm pygmies to the caveblocker list (sorry, that was about a month overdue).

2012-09-14: Added Spitfires, removed Tangars. Musings on caveblockers: Brimstones, Swallowtails and Luminas seem to be shaping up to look like caveblockers but I'm not willing to add either just yet. Also added Flood Control to the related thread list, and decided to pull the BBW-specific Holly Contest link to the related links despite initial reservations.

2012-09-06: Added a link to the Holly Contest at stogucheme's suggestion.

2012-08-12: Added misfit and darkmyst pygmies to the caveblocker list after some contemplation - they used to be less blocky than their cousins, but are catching up rapidly to caveblocker status, it seems. smile.gif As a heads-up, Spitfires will probably be added again soon, but the Desert is still moving at too fast a pace for it. And Tangars and Daydreams may be taken off the list soon.

2012-08-11: Added breed-only specise as welcome trade fodder.

2012-07-??: Removed spitfires from the 'caveblocker' list.

2012-04-14: Added Spitfire after Ashtoret pointed out it was missing in the list. Thank you, Ashtoret!

2012-04-09: Clarified rarity as this thread understands it, following ulalena's input.

Thread approved by _Z_ and rubyshoes <3 Thank you! Edited by pinkgothic

Have:

user posted imageCB harvest hatchling, gendered male

user posted imageCB white hatchling, gendered male

Want:

Hatchling offers!

This trade will be valid until it is crossed out.

I'll also edit in when I'm not at keyboard.

(As a heads-up, from experience, I respond significantly more rapidly to trade offers on the trade link than to PMs.)

Traded, thank you!

Edited by pinkgothic

Have:

user posted imageRed dino egg

Want:

Any cave-blocker species hatchling(s). Gimme your dirty laundry!

(As a heads-up, from experience, I respond significantly more rapidly to trade offers on the trade link than to PMs.)

Traded for a 3G EG whiptail and a CB daydream hatchling! Thank you for playing!

Edited by pinkgothic

Have:

user posted imageCB royal blue hatchling, ungendered

Want:

Any cave-blocker species hatchling(s) (CB or lineaged does not matter; gendered or non-gendered also does not matter). Gimme your dirty laundry!

Gone for two hatchlings - an albino and a pygmy! Thank you for playing! <3

Edited by pinkgothic

Have

2 CB Vines

Want

1 caveblocker hatchie for each of them (please no Stones, Balloons or Whiptails).

TRADED!

Thank you very much!

Edited by ulalena

Have:

3-Gen stair step pillow egg

Want:

Any cave blocker hatchling.

Traded! Thank you!

Edited by gravity404

Have

Vampire egg 6d15h

Want

1 caveblocker hatchie

Traded, that was fast!

Thank you, Farzis!

Edited by MinRimmon

Have

2cd gen BSA Red, unusual pairing with Swallotail

Want

CB Caveblocker hatchie or low time eggie (no Stone or Coastal Waverunner, please)

Make an offer on my eggs/hatchlings!

Thank you very much!

Edited by MinRimmon

Have:

3rd gen Dark Mist Pygmy with dark mist and Seawyrn Pygmy grandparents and Dark Mist parents.

Want:

Any caveblocker hatchling. Please PM me any offers, since my magis are all on cool down.

Thank you!

Edit- Traded, thank you!

I'll be back with some more CB's and/or rares soon. smile.gif

Edited by gravity404

My brother has:

user posted image (3days 20hours, may hatch soon)

He wants:

Offers!

^^^

He's missing alot.png of the newer commons so he'd probably accept if you offered a couple of blocker hatchies.

Edited by xVioletx

Have:

user posted image 7th gen dawn x terrae spiral Teleport

Want:

any one CB blocker hatchling (fog, deepsea, or skywing esp wanted)

Edited by Psykotika

Removed because not CB.

I´ll offer the GW eggie in the V2 dragon trading thread.

Happy Easter to all of you!

Edited by ulalena

Heads-up/reminder: This thread's meant for caveborn non-blocker or rare giveaways - not lineaged non-blockers. smile.gif If you folks think that's too strict a ruleset given the intended premise, though, give me a shout and we can discuss it!

Happy Easter everyone!

Edited by pinkgothic

Pinkgothic, I´m sorry, English is not my native language.

I read on th first site:

" You may offer:

Any caveborn non-blocker species.

-OR-

Any rare as defined by the rare trading centre."

I understand that I´m allowed to offer caveborn non-blocker dragons and all rares because they aren´t marked CB in the text. The GW is defined rare in the thread.

So I offered it although it´s lineaged.

Sorry once again, I´m going to remove the GW eggie.

Happy Easter to all!

The GW is defined rare in the thread.

Ah! I think I understand the source of the confusion now. The rare trading center lists a couple of breeds as rare only if they are caveborn (the gold wyvern is one of them) - I should probably clarify the qualifiers from the rare trading center are also important, not just the species.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll fix the first post so it's clearer!

And don't apologise - evidently I could have been clearer, so that's my fault. smile.gif