TSparkle123

DNA Dragons

"Sorry, but I don't take gifts, I steal!" Kirian finally broke free of Kar and snuck into the shop. She soon came out with just as many cookies and other things as Helga had. "Later, losers!" She shouted as she opened up her hidden sea green wings and attempted flight.

"DON'T LEAVE ME!!!" Kar screamed as she latched onto Kirian. "Can't fly!!!"

"Suit yourself" Helga opened her cookies and took one out, taking a bite she smiled, the cookie was still warm and gooey, she put the rest back and turned to walk away, any damage done to the earth slowly healed as she went...I wonder what Garmasor will say about me eating one of his cookies....

Kirian launched herself (along with Kar) into the air. They flew about two feet and fell to the ground. "Too heavy," She frowned and dropped the cookies onto the ground.

"Kar, when we get high enough, I'm going to have to let go of you. You can glide, right?" Kirian asked when they were in the air again.

"But.... its too high!" Tears started to form. "What if... I fall on the cookies?!"

"Then you'll just have to fall onto the cookies. I can't take this much longer," Kirian said, finally out of her Misfit stupor.

"All right... I'll try to fly." Kar whimpered.

But... can I do it again, without major property or self damage?

Kirian closed her eyes as tightly as she could then let go of Kar.

Please don't let her fall to her doom! I really don't want to be held responsible for another person's death.

Meanwhile, Vincent Garmasor awaited his precious slave's return to his fortress. Garmasor saw Helga as more of a daughter than a slave, that's why he was always so much easier on her than any of the others.

"Ah, Helga, welcome back home! What news have you brought from the other slaves?" Garmasor asked, his arms wide and his smile even wider.

Edited by TSparkle123

Helga sat the groceries on the counter as other slaves began putting them away "I know how you hate it but I saved two more DNA's from the whipping posts, I tried to learn about them, but i was dealing with a misfit and an electric, and it seemed the misfit preferred to do all the talking, you know how they are, she said they belonged to a McGruffawhey, but not having heard the name in the square or met him personally, it was a lie. I am sorry about your cookies, I tried to use them as a bribe for truth, the misfit attempted to steal some from the bakery, that was why she was in trouble. They went back into town though, but the electric was having issues flying, and the misfit couldnt carry her weight, so we may hear of them again soon.

His smile faded,"Have you seen any other DNA's who are unaccounted for? Any at all? Have any been detained?" He sat down on his small silvery throne.

Why does this make me so anxious? They are only as powerful as my weakest slave! I could smite them down with a feather!

Helga shook her head "I was so preoccupied with those two any others could have slipped right past me and gone unnoticed, there was one other in the marketplace, but she was accompanied by her Master, she was quite frail, she must have been received recently...but I did see flames on that horrid volcano again, there appears to be stragglers still residing up there....." Helga moved to the side of the throne and sat at Garmasor's feet "It taunts me daily....reminding me of everything that I lost that day..... She looked to her master, the man who helped her come this far in her life, made her respected among the people of the town, the man who had taken her from the lowest point in her life, treating her so different, so much like his own flesh and blood rather than his property "Why must it stay?"

"Helga, you have become more than a slave to me. I would trust you with my life, and I believe you would trust the same of me. At first, I believed you would warn the DNA's to escape before the mountain was destroyed, but, now, I believe you to be more like me. We will destroy the Mt. Helga, but only in good time. My dear, they only wish to destroy your entire life, to 'free' you, we must put them all on the mountain for you to put them to an end," Garmasor answered. He then smirked. "Let's start with the coastal colony, then desert, followed by the forest. You know what you must do now, Helga."

Edited by TSparkle123

"Of course I trust you with my life......but they just dont understand what life is like as a slave, and their all so stubborn, they dont understand how free we are, you remember how troublesome I used to be before I came to understand how great this life is....and willing to live on Mt. Helga, I would be offering a quicker end.....they've refused to leave and save their lives....so its only a matter of time for them anyways. They have refused our warning, what good would it be fore me to warn them again? Helga smiled as she looked up at him Still....its so unfortunate that they havnt listened.....they've brought about their own end......they remember what happened to my parents and still they put themselves in danger......and once Mt. Helga erupts, the forest will burn, the oceans would be filled with lava, and the underground will collapse......theyve all chosen to die.... Edited by WinterWhisperz

"Helga, you must erupt the mountain. Then you may destroy it," Garmasor said to her. "I must now retire to my chamber. I suggest you do the same."

Edited by TSparkle123

Helga nodded and watched him leave before she stood, she looked out the window, and in the distance, saw Mt. Helga, Garmasor's words echoed thro her head....Helga, you must erupt the mountain. Then you may destroy it......She closed her eyes to the scene thats haunted her for years.....the eruption that had taken her parents from her, and let out a sigh.........erupt the mountain. Then you may destroy it she wrapped her green wings around her and sat in the window, never taking her eyes off of the Mountain

While Helga watched the mountain, Kirian opened her eyes to find Kar plummeting to the ground.

"KAR! No! I'll save you, just close your eyes!"

She's as good as dead! They'll think I dropped her with the express intention of killing her!

Red was flying above when she heard a scream. "What's wrong?" the screaming continued, and so she swooped down to see what it was. Someone was falling! "I'mma coming, geez..." She swoops down and catches Kar.

I don't like this person. And Gods allowing, I need to get over my stupid fear of heights, I mean, who's heard of a dragon afraid of heights? And... here comes the nausea.... Kar thinks.

Kar tries to keep down all the bile, but fails and soon the sound of retching is heard.

((No more present tense, please!))

"I'm so, so sorry, Kar! I'll take her from here, Dark Myst Pygmy, it's got to be hard carrying a creature twice your size." Kirian told the Pygmy.

"Can we stop flying please... I think I'm dry heaving now." Kar replied to the Misfit and Dark Myst pygmies.

"Thanks!" said Red. "How did that happen, and also, when did that get there? It wasn't there before..."

"Seriously, can we just land?! I can't stand," Kar paused to dry heave, "being up here anymore!"

"We can! Dragon-I-don't-know, let's land right... here!" Kirian told the pygmy. As they landed, she knocked on the door of the house they landed by and a tall woman with long, blond hair emerged. She was wearing a short blue dress.

"What do you want, Kirian?" she asked.

"I need shelter for the night. With my friends," Kirian answered. The woman glared. "Please, Mary, our colony got bombed." Her expression softened.

"Fine, but just this once, I do have a family to feed, you know. Not like Garmasor's helping anyone except his special little slave," Mary frowned again.