TSparkle123

DNA Dragons

Kar quickly leapt to the ceiling. Clinging on for dear life she attempted to remain hidden like a ninja.

Maybe I should've picked the plant to hide in. Kar thought with regret. Meh, I'm 20% cooler than other ninjas anyway.

Helga was coming back from the market when she noticed several guards entering the senior center, and her curiosity won over, she wandered inside to see the two DNA's running around frantically trying to go unnoticed and walked over to them, she whispered "No wonder.....you two should probably stick with me if you dont wanna end up well....you know....come on"

"But... I was being a ninja!" Kar whined. "I was well hidden!"

"On the celing?" Helga asked.

"...Good point." With that the overly rambunctious electric dragon came down from the ceiling.

"Um, thanks, I guess. Why are you even helping us? I mean, you don't want your master to whip you or anything, right?" Kirian asked Helga. Either way, Kirian couldn't turn down protection and followed her to wherever she was going.

Helga smiled "I dont think my master will whip me dear, and as far as why I'm helping you....I'd rather not have your blood be on my hands" Helga passed one of the guards with the two behind her and gave him a pleading look "I am deeply sorry for any trouble these two may have caused you, as you can see we were on a trip to the market for Master Garmasor and I must have lost track of them, but as you can see I have found them now, you can go back to your duties now Sir, and i will take them home where they will be punished. Again, I am sorry for the disturbance"

Edited by WinterWhisperz

Kar pulled a face at the mention of 'Garmasor', a cross between hatred and disgust. But she kept silent, letting the strange slave lead the way.

Kirian immediately hated Helga when she mentioned Garmasor. So, it was this slave who was the leader, the one who was against freedom. She didn't want to die, so she forced herself to follow the traitor.

The guard nodded and let her through, then disbanded the others as they walked away. After they were far enough away from the town center she turned around with a smile....only to let it fade when she seen the looks of disgust and hatred that were being drilled at her. "Umm....is something wrong?"

"Nothing." Kar replied, her usual bounciness gone. "Nothing is wrong."

Kar then made a grin -which looked more like a grimace- and proceeded to follow the older slave.

Kirian, who was a known trickster and had learned the art of acting well, smiled a wide grin. "Sorry, I just really hate those guards, and I think I have a right to. After all, they did whip my mom nearly to death when she first spliced her DNA," Kirian lied. It was a pretty impressive lie too.

The sooner I get away from her, the better.

Helga nodded to the DNA pygmy, deciding shed get farther trying to befriend this one than the other "Thats why I do my best to save whoever I can from the guards, usually they dont question me because of the large quantity of slaves Garmasor has, they cant keep track...but every once in a while they catch me in the lie and I pay for it, but then i never see those guards again....Garmasor doesnt exactly approve of my desire to protect the other DNAs, feels they deserve to be punished for their actions....but whenever I return with marks he gets angry, I've told him time and again thats why I do what I do...." She shrugged "What did you do to get yourself in that much trouble in the first place?"

"My master sent us out to get some groceries, but I saw a cookie in the baker's window. I really couldn't resist, it was chocolate chip! Of course, I regret what I did, but the guards didn't let me explain what kind of DNA I am. Misfits are notorious for stealing food. I truly am sorry for the trouble," Kirian explained. This was probably one of her best thought out lies that she had ever told.

Kar was not so skilled at lying. "Yeah, what she said. I tend to act on my impulses a little too much." With this she bowed, grabbed Kirian's arm and began to leave. "We can't run into her again okay?" Kar whispered to Kirian.

Helga giggled and looked towards the electric DNA "Do you like chocolate chip cookies as well?" she looked back to the pygmy "If youd like I can talk to Garmasor and see if we couldnt have them delivered for the two of you, all I'd need is your masters name."

This is where it got hard. Who would she have Helga send them to? She didn't know anyone in the city!

"I don't know my master's first name, he doesn't want us to think of him as a friend, but his last name is McGruffawhey. I think we should go get the groceries now, um, thank you!" Kirian struggled through that lie. Would it pass? Her fingers were crossed behind her back for good luck. Please don't see through it, please, please, please!

Kar kept her face hidden, trying to avoid looking at the slave.

Don't panic! She thought desperately. If I lose my cool here, in front of her, my cover's blown and- Ohmygosh did she say chocolate chip cookies?

Kirian grabbed Kar's arm and squeezed it as hard as she could. "We really need to get those groceries, now, or Master McGruffawhey might whip the both of us! Thanks again, and may the gods smile upon you!" Kirian smiled as she turned away and attempted an escape from Helga again.

Edited by TSparkle123

"But! She has chocolate chip cookies!" Kar whined. "I don't wanna go!"

With that the two walked/was dragged away from the mysterious slave.

Helga paused a moment running through all of the slave owners in this city, and McGruffawhey didnt make the list.....she was being lied to...and she didnt like it. Helga's eyes glowed red and the earth rumbled under their feet, and just ahead of them the tectonic plates shifted and a wall of earth formed, she came up behind them "Dont you think the person who just saved your skins back there deserves the truth? I could go back and hand you over to them......Garmasor will start a man hunt, you wouldnt be safe anywhere.....even outside of the city.....I dont care who you are, or what your doing....but I advise you to not lie to me"

"Stop it! We can't get caught again, or we'll be in a world of hurt. Kar? Kar!" Kirian was slowly being dragged toward the baker's shop. There really was a cookie in the window! "Kar, stop! Kar! We don't want the guards to come after us again, do we? Ugh, Kar!" She began to fight the pull of stealing all those delicious breads, cakes, cookies, doughnuts... Oh, no! No no no no no! She began to try to stop the part of her that wanted those baked goods so badly.

Edited by TSparkle123

"Oh be serious! I'm not gonna steal anything, but..." She snapped herself out of her cookie trance. "Listen, we need to run! Can you fly?"

"Cookie! I WANT THE COOKIE!" Kirian couldn't fight it anymore. She started to pull away from Kar and tried to go into the shop.

"And I thought I was ADD." She turned to Helga and smiled. "Er... uh..." She gulped and tugged at her collar. "How'd ya get so powerful?" Kar's nervousness was showing on her face.

She answered "Garmasor, now real story and you get cookies" She reached into her bag and pulled out a steamy dozen "and maybe alittle food"

Cooooooookkkkkkkkkiiiiiiieeeeeesssss She thought stupidly. Snap out of it! But they look sooo... fresh and melty...

"Okay, we... uhmmmm..." Kar stuttered.