Lord_Kishin

Gay Straight Alliance

Btw, the A stands for asexual, aromantic, agender, and any other A sexualities/genders/romanticisms. Not Ally.

Yes! Thank you! haha

Woooo

Interesting thread here very impressed. Though I live in Alabama, sadly enough I believe they're going to ban same sex marriages. Hate to say that but the older gens were brought up separation of church and state sad.gif We have two counties giving out marriage licenses

I'm well an oddity, I love everyone (pansexual) but I'm completely an asexual gal. It means I'll cuddle you, huge you kiss you no matter your gender are BUT I have no interest in anything with below the waist off >.< so if I flirt with you, it's harmless plus my fiancee would not be happy yes I'm engaged which is nice. He understands me very well

My gay friends think I'm straight and my straight ones ( the ones that know) think I'm weird.

I'm straight, but I am also 100% supportive of those who aren't. Honestly, I don't fully understand how people can not be straight, but that's irrelevant. Who you love doesn't affect me in any negative ways, and I believe people should be able to love who they wish. Even though I don't fully understand how people can not be straight, equal marriage rights is something I feel very strongly about. Everywhere needs it. People shouldn't have to feel ashamed because of who they love!

There's some pictures that I don't have the links to but I remember the gist of what they say because some of you might like them smile.gif

"When children come out to their parents and they do things like disown them and wonder about where they went wrong, you did nothing wrong up until the point where you rejected your child for their sexuality."

"What really bothers me is when you ask people what gender baby they want and they say "Oh, we don't care, we just want them to be healthy." and then the kid comes out at trans and they get really angry. Like what happened to you just wanting a healthy baby? Then they go and ruin their health because of the way they treat them!!"

I will try and find the actual pictures for these they sound much better than what I wrote. tongue.gif

They were on the Lizzy the Lezzy facebook page if I remember correctly.

@KuroYukia: Panromantic asexual? As in romantically/closeness-wise attracted to potentially anyone, but no one in the terms of wanting to have sex?

I fully support people who are homosexual and anyone of the lgbtq community even though I am straight.

I have also have had homosexual feelings, as in I would date a guy and kiss him but I would not have any sexual activities with them.

and looking at my childhood I have dressed up in dresses and skirts (rarely though) and I have rocked them xd.png.

@zorua9: It's possible you could be a biromantic heterosexual, romantically attracted to two genders (in your case the binary male and female), and sexually attracted to females only.

So if you've been around you'll have probably seen me a few pages back having a hooplah over wtf sexuality I am.

I think I'm starting to narrow it down, but only for now. Since, especially for me, my sexuality is 100x more fluid then my gender so it keeps constantly changing between a few things xd.png

But I think I'm somewhere in the Gray-Pansexual, Demiromantic area. Maybe.

Basically. I can lurve all of the humans, so long as I have a strong bond to them. I can't just be like I LURVE YOU ROBERT DOWEY JR. Because I have no idea how he actually is and while I've read he's an awesome person I just cant.

Gray-Pan comes to the fact that like.. I basically have no sex drive. But by no means does that mean I don't want to. Like. Sex is wonderful confetti cake. But I don't actively seek it out and just kinda sit there like an awkward turtle.

.....does anyone have any terms to toss out that might be better then that mouthful? xd.png

I have wondered this for awhile and this made me remember..

why does there have to be a label?

Labels can be useful happy.gif It was a massive relief when I discovered AVEN to (over a period of a few months) take all the baffling, tangled and scattered things about my orientations (or lack thereof) which had made me feel strange and separate from other people without knowing why, put them in a mental filing cabinet draw labelled 'Aromantic Asexual', and see that really I wasn't so strange in most ways. And now I know where to go looking when I do feel like thinking about my orientation.

But labels aren't needed by or useful for everyone in every way, so if they're not working for you don't let people tell you you have to have one :3

I've been creeping on this thread for awhile. Hello everyone!

I know for sure that I cope better explaining myself using labels. I'm just much more comfortable with them, but hey--to each their own.

I have wondered this for awhile and this made me remember..

why does there have to be a label?

It's how humanity communicates and expresses ideas. In essence everything has a name and label for us to better understand each other and our world around us.

So if you've been around you'll have probably seen me a few pages back having a hooplah over wtf sexuality I am.

I think I'm starting to narrow it down, but only for now. Since, especially for me, my sexuality is 100x more fluid then my gender so it keeps constantly changing between a few things xd.png

But I think I'm somewhere in the Gray-Pansexual, Demiromantic area. Maybe.

Basically. I can lurve all of the humans, so long as I have a strong bond to them. I can't just be like I LURVE YOU ROBERT DOWEY JR. Because I have no idea how he actually is and while I've read he's an awesome person I just cant.

Gray-Pan comes to the fact that like.. I basically have no sex drive. But by no means does that mean I don't want to. Like. Sex is wonderful confetti cake. But I don't actively seek it out and just kinda sit there like an awkward turtle.

.....does anyone have any terms to toss out that might be better then that mouthful? xd.png

When I don't feel like explaining everything, I usually just go with "queer". Sometimes I may also drop everything and just say I'm asexual because people don't see past that a lot of the time, anyway. So you could just pick just one of your terms to sum yourself up as. Then in times when you feel like expanding, you could use the whole set of terms.

I don't know of any terms that would sum up specifically what you described yourself as, but you could create one. ^^

I'm Dragonhatchling (or DH is fine smile.gif ), cis female and a demisexual.

I'm all for everyone finding whoever makes them happy- whoever that may be smile.gif and I'm supportive of any of my friends who are openly gay/pan/ace/ whichever the case may be. And I always will be.

Keep doing you you guys smile.gif

Been thinking about posting here for some time now, figure today is just as good as any other day. So, here's my introduction~

My name is Omen and I am grey-androsexual and grey-androromantic. As a transmasculine identified individual, this puts me under the queer umbrella and I'm okay with that! I've always been pretty accepting of minorities, but until I realised that I was a part of those minorities, I was unaware of how much oppression actually exists. Currently same-sex marriage is impossible in my country (Australia), with civil unions, de-facto or other similarly named relationships being the closest thing people can get to being married. I really don't understand why bills for marriage equality keep being denied in Aus, it's not taking rights away from anyone, it's giving rights to those who need them!

I found out last week that the next town over has a Gay Straight Alliance. It was pretty surprising actually, for a small town to have such a thing. I have plans on joining it as it's been what, nine years now since I had friends offline? What better place to make friends than somewhere that actively supprots minorities! Anywho, peace. smile.gif

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pa-high-s...-day/ar-AAbs2qE

This is absolutely ridiculous. Do freaking teachers/principles not have any control at all in the schools anymore? mad.gif Why was this stupidity allowed to go down? Why didn't someone in authority step up and put a stop to it? I don't get it.

Oops...I think this might be in the wrong thread...

Edited by MedievalMystic

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pa-high-s...-day/ar-AAbs2qE

This is absolutely ridiculous. Do freaking teachers/principles not have any control at all in the schools anymore? mad.gif Why was this stupidity allowed to go down? Why didn't someone in authority step up and put a stop to it? I don't get it.

Oops...I think this might be in the wrong thread...

That is HORRIBLE. Nobody should be allowed to do that

And why spend time taking posters down if the teachers can simply stop the students and send them to the office?

And people say humanity is going in the right direction...

Oh, I had a similar thing happen at my old school. Honestly I want to punch every single one of them in the face.

It's horrifying that they didn't get in trouble for it...

I can't wrap my head around it. I'm outraged that someone, anyone, in authority didn't put their foot down and say something, do something, put a stop to it! How in the hell can that school justify allowing that kind of behavior, which imo amounts to flat out bullying and hate speech from the 'anti' crowd, to even begin, let alone continue? dry.gif

Mind blown. I don't even know what to say. I'm really disgusted.

Me too. If such a thing happened at my school, I would run and call the police. That is disgusting, horrible, and just plain cruel. I would not be way too suprised if something like that happened at my school, considering how close it is to a town that isn't very safe.

If it makes any of you feel better, my school participated in the Day of Silence on April 17th. You had the option to sign up and be silent for an entire day in support of the queer community. You were excused from responding in class except for scheduled projects and such.

I was shocked by how many students (myself included) participated in it. I mean... I'm sure lots of it was just to get out of schoolwork. But if you're homophobic, you're not gonna participate in a pro-queer/LGBT event, even if it does mean you get out of work.

Queer community--I prefer that term, which isn't really used as far as I know, since it umbrellas most sexualities, gender identities, etc. without requiring memorization of a long string of letters.

I'm ab613, and I'm a cis female pansexual.

I prefer queer community too, it's so much easier to say, and inclusive to anyone who doesn't identify as cisgender or heterosexual.

I'm nonbinary pansexual. Hi. :o

As far as I know my school didn't do anything for Day of Silence, but was exam period by then anyways. My high school did Day of Silence and I participated in it there, it was kind of ruled that just because you were doing the Day of Silence you still and to do any oral presentations that were scheduled on that day, so it didn't really serve to get anyone out of doing work. There were also a lot of people who participated in the sense that they visually did something (at our school they would paint an x on your face to show you are participating) and some would get the x painted but still speak just to show their support and such, the entire thing seems much more functional that way, but I still didn't speak anyways.

I'm a cis male gay. I posted in the sexual orientation thread awhile back (like a long time ago) but haven't wandered over here yet, figured I should drop by.

My school didn't even notice Day of Silence... but then, we're too small for a GSA, so... yeah. I go to an alternative high school. Most kids here smoke weed, party on the weekends, or have criminal histories. I know a lot of them would downright harass me if I tried to open a GSA and I am not about to deal with that again.

Honestly, DOS seems kind of half-assed. It seems like a way to keep queer people from telling their stories on a day that is supposed to be for them. We don't get heard enough as it is. But I'm bitter.

Okay....I am saying this once more, since I am not sure if I said it before

I am Esko the Wolf, I still have yet to develop and stick to a sexuality, but I am an ally so far smile.gif

My sis at least once had a DOS. She wanted to communicate with somebody quickly, and whispered, but this guy kept bothering her all day long

My friend had a similar thing happen. This kid kept pestering her and trying to get her to break her silence because he was one of the most well-known homophobes in the school. She punched him in the face. I was proud.

Honestly, DOS seems kind of half-assed. It seems like a way to keep queer people from telling their stories on a day that is supposed to be for them. We don't get heard enough as it is. But I'm bitter.

I used to participate in DoS. I wish we had someone who would have talked to us about exactly the point you brought up.

Our friend promoted the crap out of DoS. It was really neat how much we got planned for it. Advisories (30 minute long sections) were supposed to talk about and host discussions on why there was a DoS and what it meant and the challenges still faced by the queer community. There were announcements and everything. It got attention.

Of course during lunch of DoS a bunch of homophobes began mocking us and saying gross stuff. Being silent gave them more power and made us extremely frustrated and hurt. My friend might have gotten physical if our friend who had organized it hadn't had the good graces to think of getting our awesome counselor who came and spent the rest of lunch talking with those kids and getting them to see some reason.

I like the idea of a day of activism, but agree that DoS was poorly thought out and more for allies' feelings than for the benefit of us.

Not knocking anyone for participating! I did once. I do understand why. =3