Lord_Kishin

Gay Straight Alliance

I should probably know this already, but what is cisgendered?

I was confused by the term.

Basically, it's when your physical sex and your gender match up.

Ah, so it's just the technical term for a non-transgender person.

Thanks.

Cisgendered= your sex matches your gender

Opposite of transgender, where your body is the opposite sex as your gender.

Going to give this a gentle nudge because I have a feeling some people may want to come relax in a safe space soon. <3

If any of you have a tumblr, I started up a side blog with the URL of twomomsforme biggrin.gif

http://twomomsforme.tumblr.com/

I created it to talk about my experiences as the kid of a gay couple, and incidentally my own coming out story!

That is really interesting, shiny - thank you. I "knew" most of it intellectually, but seeing it written down from you is much better.

If any of you have a tumblr, I started up a side blog with the URL of twomomsforme biggrin.gif

http://twomomsforme.tumblr.com/

I created it to talk about my experiences as the kid of a gay couple, and incidentally my own coming out story!

Followed you on there. I'm glad for you and your mums, you all sound very happy biggrin.gif

Going to give this a gentle nudge because I have a feeling some people may want to come relax in a safe space soon. <3

Hm? What do you mean sock? Something new/ about to happen? (I don't keep up with the news a lot)

Edited by BlightWyvern

Hm? What do you mean sock? Something new/ about to happen? (I don't keep up with the news a lot)

No, it has nothing to do with the news.

~

Reading through some of your blog now, Hazeh. <3

Hi guys. I'm happy to see a topic like this here. My name is Ash and I'm genderfluid! I go by neutral pronouns. It's comforting to see other people like me here... I know I can be safe on this forum now!

Hi! I'm seacatsmew/GhostSombra, and I'm bisexual~! I kind of doubt most people would expect that at first, but eh. I love the fact that everyone on this forum is fine with it. Well, at least, I don't think anyone says anything bad about it.

I read your blog, Shiny Spice~

A cousin of mine "came out" recently, and I wasn't surprised in the slightest. Though I dislike him greatly for various reasons, him being homosexual isn't one of them. The family didn't overreact or anything either.

As long as relationships are between consenting adults or close-age peers, I see no problem. Do what makes you happy.

Biromantic Demi here tongue.gif Try explaining that when you try to come out "well, I like guys and girls but only after I have formed a close and deep emotional bond which results in me crushing on my besties pretty often. however, that doesn't stop me from finding random people attractive. I just wouldn't want to date them." much harder than just saying something like this: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/185...999-d7p8w11.gif So most of the time I just say that I'm bi. Close enough.

Oh hello! I love threads like this, because there are a lot of like-minded people to talk to in a forum. Not that my friends and mother are intolerant (in fact, they're pretty awesome), but it's always awesome to meet more people.

I'm panromantic demi. I've been "out" to my friends since high school and my mother since college, but I wasn't exactly the kind of person who was in the closet in the first place. I don't broadcast it, but I sure as hell don't hide or agree with people that I was going through a phase because I was just a teenager back then (and ugh, how I hate that phrase, as if all teenagers are the same).

I also realized just a few days ago that I'm genderfluid (so you guys are actually the first people to know, ahahaha). All my life I've been either feeling like a) a girl in a girl's body, or b ) a boy in a girl's body. Sometimes I wished I could be physically male, but nowadays I've been in the "I AM WHO I AM REGARDLESS OF MY BIOLOGICAL BITS, GENDER AND ORIENTATION" zone, and I am happy about learning and accepting more of myself every day. I've decided to continue answering to female pronouns, but I'm also fine with being addressed with male or even neutral ones.

So yes, hello. My name is Munak, and I am who I am.

Edited by themunak

Awesome thread! I am indeed female and it seems like I am straight, since I've had a crush on a boy or two, but maybe not... maaaaybe not... sometimes I wonder...

(I feel like I'm a demisexual maybe tongue.gif But who knows? I'm kind of not sure :/)

Oh yeah, I support gay couples and lesbian couples and every type of couple <3

Edited by slp0001

Can I just say how wonderful social media can be sometimes? There are certain family members I've never actually 'come out' to, but I don't hide my sexuality on Facebook at all, and to see one of those family members 'like'ing a gay-rights post... Makes me feel very good and very relieved.

"I AM WHO I AM REGARDLESS OF MY BIOLOGICAL BITS, GENDER AND ORIENTATION" zone, and I am happy about learning and accepting more of myself every day. I've decided to continue answering to female pronouns, but I'm also fine with being addressed with male or even neutral ones.

So yes, hello. My name is Munak, and I am who I am.

I like your attitude. It's the way it should be for everyone imo. smile.gif

I have a buddy on another site. He is...what's the terminology when you possess both male and female genitals? I forget now. He isn't at home in his own skin and feels awkward. I've tried to tell him exactly what you just said, that he is who he is and that's perfectly fine. I wish he would join here and become a part of this thread. I think it would make him feel a little better and not so alone. He does have a girlfriend and they're happy, but he told me that he hardly ever looks in the mirror. That made me feel so sad for him. I told him he should rejoice...he's got the best of both worlds. He said he never thought about it like that and I got a laugh out of him, but still. I wish he didn't feel so awkward and felt good about who he is. He told me that he was afraid to tell me about who he is and the way he is, thinking I'd blow him off or not want to be his friend anymore. That made me sad. I told him not to be silly and thanked him for trusting me. He's an awesome person. And in my book, that's really all that matters.

I'm glad this thread is around. smile.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

I like your attitude. It's the way it should be for everyone imo. smile.gif

I have a buddy on another site. He is...what's the terminology when you possess both male and female genitals? I forget now. He isn't at home in his own skin and feels awkward. I've tried to tell him exactly what you just said, that he is who he is and that's perfectly fine. I wish he would join here and become a part of this thread. I think it would make him feel a little better and not so alone. He does have a girlfriend and they're happy, but he told me that he hardly ever looks in the mirror. That made me feel so sad for him. I told him he should rejoice...he's got the best of both worlds. He said he never thought about it like that and I got a laugh out of him, but still. I wish he didn't feel so awkward and felt good about who he is. He told me that he was afraid to tell me about who he is and the way he is, thinking I'd blow him off or not want to be his friend anymore. That made me sad. I told him not to be silly and thanked him for trusting me. He's an awesome person. And in my book, that's really all that matters.

I'm glad this thread is around. smile.gif

That is referred to as inter-sex. wink.gif

That is referred to as inter-sex. ;)

Intersex is a blanket term for anyone who isn't typically male or female, IIRC: Wikipedia article, Intersex Society of North America definition.

When a person has both male and female genitalia or at least testicular and ovarian tissue, they would specifically be called a hermaphrodite. I think that's a bit more of a rare condition. I think more commonly there are cases of ovotestes or ambiguous genitalia.

Intersex is a blanket term for anyone who isn't typically male or female, IIRC: Wikipedia article, Intersex Society of North America definition.

When a person has both male and female genitalia or at least testicular and ovarian tissue, they would specifically be called a hermaphrodite. I think that's a bit more of a rare condition. I think more commonly there are cases of ovotestes or ambiguous genitalia.

The word is intersex. The links you gave agree with that even. Referring to humans as h***aphrodite is offensive.

People think intersex/non-dyadic people come out with a specific ratio of one genital to the other but that is not true. Like anything else, it is a scale.

From your own resource: http://www.isna.org/faq/hermaphrodite :3

I know that, I was just saying that it's usually the blanket term for everything in between. :\ There are some things more specific but right now I think it's mostly just medical stuff, which I still don't trust because 'trying to make black and white definitions lol'.

I don't think humans ever have "true hermaphroditism", which is what seems to be mostly talked about here (which I did read...).

Eh, whatever. I figured someone else would know more about it, anyway. :\

The word is intersex. The links you gave agree with that even. Referring to humans as h***aphrodite is offensive.

I've never heard the word 'intersex'. Thanks for clearing that up, all of you.

Also, I have heard the 'H' word but I never realized that it was considered offensive. :S That's the word I mentioned that I couldn't remember. I just thought it was a medical term. >_< Well, thank God I found out that it is considered offensive. I wouldn't want to blunder with my friend..or anyone.. and say something inappropriate by mistake.

Edited by MedievalMystic

hhhhmm ive been questioning if im asexual or not for years now and im starting to think i miiight want to identify gray-asexual?? im still not sure tho i mean ive done research and i can identify with every description of it im just not sure yet :U