Lord_Kishin

Gay Straight Alliance

I am a 25 year old mom of one and I have been in a relationship with my BF for 5 years. I actually find both sexes attractive but never had the chance to find out if being in a relationship with a female would work for me. So I guess I could be labelled as "bi-curious". Before I met the love of my life I was opening my options to either sex because I had about enough of being abused and mistreated by men. So I guess I became angry towards them. I met Zakk and he has been a blessing to me and my son. Not all men are evil, and not all man are evil. It is hard finding genuinely nice an loving people out there but they are there. For anyone to say you can't be with the one you love just because they are the same sex as you is ridiculous. I 100% support gay marriage and the gay community, and hopefully one day we will evolve into a species where difference of gender doesn't label any restrictions and discrimination is a thing of the past.

Edited by shovedtbh

when i say i know how people who like the same gender, i know what it feels like to be teased, not because of my sexuality, because i have disability.

I don't think it's so much "teased" as harassed, abused, and generally discriminated against.

@shovedtbh: It's nice to know you are open minded even though you never got a chance to see what a life with another woman would be like. If you're happy it's all that matters, pretty much like you said.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

Double posting yay....

Apparently yesterday was "national coming out day"...? Or something? I'm not sure if that's true but it was nice to see rainbow buttons being spread around campus. They even had a set of doors sitting on the student union patio.

Unfortunately there was only one button option when there should have been more, but it's still nice.

I've recently been looking into getting a black ring even though I don't care for such things. I do have my bracelets so I might attach the ring to one of those. In case I do want to wear it I'll have to be getting my ring size, which I have no clue how to do.

I, myself, am straight and have a longtime boyfriend but I've always had several gay and lesbian friends and have nothing against them. In fact, I find my gay friends more fun to be with. I don't know why but almost all of them are extroverts and love to be the center of attention. They always seem to know how to have a good time. Lol.

when i say i know how people who like the same gender, i know what it feels like to be teased, not because of my sexuality, because i have disability.

The thing is it's definitely not teased, just like wookie said.

Because I'm gay I've been accused of wanting to rape young girls (aged 11-13), pushed out of my choir and church, been humiliated in front of a large group of teenage girls, and blackmailed into being forced to come out to my parents. That's far beyond teasing and I know that what's happened to me doesn't even compare to those who live in other places.

Double posting yay....

Apparently yesterday was "national coming out day"...? Or something? I'm not sure if that's true but it was nice to see rainbow buttons being spread around campus. They even had a set of doors sitting on the student union patio.

Unfortunately there was only one button option when there should have been more, but it's still nice.

I've recently been looking into getting a black ring even though I don't care for such things. I do have my bracelets so I might attach the ring to one of those. In case I do want to wear it I'll have to be getting my ring size, which I have no clue how to do.

There wasn't anything on my campus about national coming out day. I would have been happy with a rainbow button. I want a rainbow button :<.

Double posting yay....

Same on my campus, though ours was Tuesday....

Lots of people gathered in a room and told coming out stories (some came out for the first time) and we had soup. It was awesome. xd.png

Would've been better with a rainbow button though, I want one too....

I don't think it's so much "teased" as harassed, abused, and generally discriminated against.

The thing is it's definitely not teased, just like wookie said.

Because I'm gay I've been accused of wanting to rape young girls (aged 11-13), pushed out of my choir and church, been humiliated in front of a large group of teenage girls, and blackmailed into being forced to come out to my parents. That's far beyond teasing and I know that what's happened to me doesn't even compare to those who live in other places.

I really think that was just the wrong choice of words (or perhaps they're luckier than most). Every single disabled person I've known and the disabled children I've worked with were all bullied to some degree. Harassment and abuse and, yeah, discrimination (though I think this is a more subtle and inherent thing in our culture right now like racism rather than being so open like homophobia) are all common.

*passes out hugs for everybody*

Yup. :3

That's neat! I saw absolutely nothing on my campus. I was also burnt out yesterday with all the homework I had, so I didn't get to do anything, but I wanted to go around with my rainbow scarf, at least.

Lots of people gathered in a room and told coming out stories (some came out for the first time) and we had soup. It was awesome.

Aww. <3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

if there was a vote for gay marraige/partnership(ligalized(i'm 15 and has adhd(i'm really dumb) i will vote yes.

can someone make a link thing so i can put it in my signature that i support gay people.

What's with the double posting? Just because you support a cause doesn't mean you have to have the stuff pasted everywhere. If you're really passionate about something maybe you could make the image yourself?

A while back I was at the workplace of a friend's mother (she works at a medical clinic) and she has to go though the checklist of Are you hungry? Tired? Thirsty? Here have stuff! So I ended up with a Chick-fil-a sandwich, which I wasn't going to let go to waste so I ate it. The company didn't get my money so I was okay. I found the wrapper stashes away recently, so I thought about doing something with the wrapper. Who likes glitter?

I'm still really giddy over how good my school is about LGBT tolerance. |D I'm well over a month into the year, and I've only been insulted about it once, which I consider an accomplishment. xd.png And everyone who Is LGBT is really open about it-couples hold hands and hou can talk openly about liking someone of the same gender without getting harrassed. I feel like I'm really lucky. I wish all schools were like this. DX

I wish my school was more LGBT-tolerant. I'm openly pansexual to my friends, but if the word gets out to the 'cool rebels' in the school, you're pretty much better off being home schooled, it's such a bad school. Most people don't know what "understand" means. It's very sad.

Edited by Tazzay

I 100% support gay people. I still don't know if I'm lesbian or not (15 and have only one rarely seen friend as I hardly get out ;_;), and find that I tend to get along much better with some people than others, and those are mostly female. There is one boy at RDA (Riding for the Disabled Australia) who I think I have a crush on, but I'm not sure xd.png

One of my Mum's best friends is apparently openly gay and we have absolutely no qualms about it. You love who you love, nothing else to it :3

xd.png This post hardly makes any sense, it's because I get so nervous talking about these kinds of things. Sorreh!

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Maybe there should be a gay person(male/female) running for president for the united states. they will probably get close to winning, but it would be nice to see a gay person running for president.

Maybe there should be a gay person(male/female) running for president for the united states. they will probably get close to winning, but it would be nice to see a gay person running for president.

What would be a pro for this? Just the fact that they are gay? People would frown upon it just at the thought of a gay president.

Here in Australia, there are LGBT members in the parliament EVERYWHERE. But Julia Gillard refuses to make gay marriage legal. Although pretty much 90% of Australia hates her guts because of her endless lies and worthless campaigns, she should at least do something nice for once. We just don't seem to have a chance unless the religious lunatics that walk around with offensive signs all day shut their mouths.

The only "pro" I could see would be it would break an invisible barrier. People were thinking there would never be a president who wasn't white before Obama, but that unofficial "rule" was broken when he won. No, race shouldn't be an issue, but it still is.

So, having an openly gay president would break another unofficial "rule" that only straight people can be president.

Like if we get a female, it'd break the unofficial "rule" that only men can be president.

But just because a president was openly gay doesn't mean things would instantly be better for the LGBT community. Presidents have power, yes, but it's limited by the system of checks and balances. So it's not like having a gay president would suddenly mean there was no more homophobia, no more anti-LGBT bigotry, gay marriage legal across the board, etc.

But it would be nice to see America get to the point where a person's sexuality doesn't influence how you think of their capabilities for [insert whatever job here], including presidency.

I'm hetero but really, I like sticking with the gays/lesbians/bis because, to tell the truth, it seems like they understand others better than we understand ourselves. One of my best friends is gay and that doesn't make a difference to me. He is who he is and I'm not going to judge him for it. We're always there to help each other out and it makes me extremely upset and angry when people are rude to him just because of his sexuality. He has feelings, just like everyone else. He isn't stupid, he is who he is and he isn't afraid to be himself. Best friend EVA! smile.gif

(And I'm pretty sure he isn't on here, but here's a shout out to my uncle twice removed- Good luck! <3 You rock! (G.A.P happy.gif))

Let me start right over: hi i am a boy who is strait, and i support gay people, they are more friendly then other boys/girls, i like computers tongue.gif, i am in Australia, i only know little how gay people feel, i am willing to make friends with the gay/bi community, i do have ADHD, i might not be good at explaining things but i can be wise at times , i am only 15 so you can't blame me, i am trying to be nice, i do get bullied but not as bad as gay/bi people, and if a person believes they like the same gender that's alright, i don't like bullying. please do not get angry at me if i don't understand cause i don't, please lets make friends.

the only reason i am putting details of my age and gender and my sexuality is because i am only trying to make people understand why i am trying to make friends and be kind.

thanks for your time and stay the way you are.

Hello I'm a girl and I just want to fall in love be it with a girl or a boy or otherwise. I am 21 years old I live in the USA and wonderfully lucky as my family knows and doesn't care. I am however painfully shy when it comes to dating, I have yet to go on any date. I am a collage student, work towards an ITEC major.

Congrats on the night tonight. First openly gay senate member and Maine, Maryland, and Washington passed marriage equality. I hope this is a sign of good things to come for orientation equality and acceptance. :3

Just stopping here to congratulate you all!

Well, to congratulate those of us in America. Julia Gillard still has yet to get off her lazy butt and do the same here sleep.gif

Today is such a powerful day for this community! I am so blessed to have fellow Americans who fight and take a stand for the equality and kindness of all human beings.

Congrats on the night tonight. First openly gay senate member and Maine and Washington passed marriage equality. I hope this is a sign of good things to come for orientation equality and acceptance. :3

I hope so as well Sock. I have gay friends.

I said not to bring the American Politics thread elsewhere. This is a safe place for gays, not a place to discuss Obama. If you have a problem with an action a mod takes, you may PM that mod or PM TJ, not continue to post about it.