Lord_Kishin

Gay Straight Alliance

Here is a story I came across. The first part, is awful of the hate crime.

Sharing Three of My Deepest, Darkest Gay Secrets for the First Time to Fight Hate

Lying in bed last night, I couldn't sleep, because my mind kept racing over those three statements and the personal connection I have to each of them. I can't offer Fischer a "shred of proof" regarding any of the three, but I can tell my stories -- stories that very few people outside my close network of friends, and, in some instances, only one or two people, know about -- in hopes that other queer people can relate and will tell their deep, dark secrets to help shed light on our lives and humanize our struggles so that people like Fischer and groups like the AFA are, ultimately, unable to continue creating a culture of fear, panic, and hatred.

1. Homosexuals Are Born That Way

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/noah-michels...26pLid%3D193999

Greeting and Salutations,

I go by a few names Online but you can just call me D.A.

Anyways, I'm a Bisexual that has a male body but feels a little bit in-between both genders. I didn't come out until the summer before my last year in highschool. I came out to my online friends on Deviant Art and more importantly my best friend.

I remember the day i texted him. It was funny because at first i simple typed "I'm Bi" he didn't get it so I typed something else and he still didn't get it so I typed "I'm Bisexual". When he read that he typed that he didn't believe me. So I told him I'd tell him again when we met back in school. Weeks later when we got back to school, I stopped him and said what I promised. he looked me in the eyes and searched to see if I was lying but there was none. Next thing i know we were laughing. He's straight though..............

For me that is all I need to be happy. my mom knows cause she called me and i told her and as for my dad. I'll tell him at some point.

Hiya. I hope I'm not too late to join in this awesome thread.

I'm 14, female, and I'm not sure about my sexuality yet. I think I'm bi, or maybe pan?, but again not entirely sure yet.

Nice to meet y'all. biggrin.gif

I support this completely.

I would have joined the GSA (Gay-Straight Alliance) at my school, but I don't wake up early enough to go to the club meetings before school. xd.png

One of my friends has a bi sister and she's awesome. She knows everything, it's kind of creepy, but also awesome. Anyways, if anyone needs to talk or whatever, I'm online pretty much all the time, so yeah. xd.png

I think it's more that you care too much, not that you just don't care. You get sick of hiding it and just want to get to be you and hope for the best or just know it'll be coming to an end, but at least you're out.

Very much this.

With my family I didn't ever bother to come out about who I'm attracted to, and as a consequence I think they think I had a 'college lesbian phase' and am now over it--which is not the case, I've always liked both. Depending on what the future holds I can see things getting confusing for them, lol.

But on the other hand I did care way too much about everyone blithely treating me like a pretty pretty princess all the time and I finally got to the point where if the people in my life didn't know the truth about me I would just explode with rage at how nobody could (would bother to) see me. I cared so much about my family looking past me and seeing what they wanted to see--it felt like they couldn't possibly really love me because they didn't know the real me. I had to either tell them or cut ties with them, because it hurt too much that they loved the mask I wore without ever seeing what was under it.

Introduce myself, maybe? Yea.

I'm Taz, or Tazzay. Some of you may have seen me around the forums, but hello to any of those who haven't!

I "came out" to my parents at 13 (which was 2 years ago), and I was deeply relieved that they accepted me for being pansexual. My family isn't religious or Athiest, but I haven't told my step-fathers' parents, as they are religious, and i'm a tad afraid they'll reject me.

My friends know about my sexuality, and accept me completly, thank goodness.

Been in one online relationship with a female, and I loved her with all my heart.

I find it quite heartbreaking to hear all the stories of the "anti- LGBT" groups and people killing innocent homosexual couples, just because they love someone who is the same sex. I just really wish that everyone can forget about it and live happily, not make someone incredibly insecure to be with their lover.

Edited by Tazzay

I guess I should probably post on this.

I'm 21, and I am a Republican and I'm religious and I'm straight. I also am totally ambivalent toward gay peoples. Honestly, I don't see how it's any of my beeswax or when it became MY 'duty' to dictate who other people can and cannot develop a relationship with. Gay people are just people and I honestly couldn't care who they hang out with, get married to, and have family with. Like I said, it isn't my business and I sure as hell wouldn't want other people attacking me in a self-righteous mob. Live and let live; how is that so hard?

I'll state it again: I'm a Republican and I'm religious and I'm straight. But I'm totally cool with gay people. Yes, we do exist, and I'm kinda a minority in the Republican party but people like me aren't mythical creatures. I think the only thing the gay community really wants is to just be treated like normal and I can definitely empathize with that since I'm also a feminist. xd.png

This may sound cliche, but I've a friend that's gay and an uncle as well (he was a U.S. Marine and I love him dearly) and they are perfectly normal, lovely, hilarious and cat-loving people. (Funnily enough, my friend also has the habit of saying 'that's gay' at something dumb and I tease her about it all the time. True story!)

My stance on gay marriage is a little complex but when you get down to it, I think religious censorkip.gif***s in the Vatican need to wake up and realize that condemnation of gay peoples was something thought up by various saints and philosophers, not the Bible. Also, since all the resistance to gay marriage is purely religious in foundation, I think more good could be done if the fight was brought to the religious, not the legal, front.

Anyways, straight, religious, and conservative people are not EXCLUSIVELY against gay people! I AM PROOF! xd.png

Now, since there seem to be a lot of great mix of LBGT folks here, I wanted to ask a question. Once on my campus I saw a sign celebrating all peoples of the "LBGTQR" community. I have only ONE question.

What the hell does the 'R' stand for? xd.png Retro?

i think its cool how the boy scouts finally let up a little on their policy about gays

Not sure what it means. However, to me based on the area it was used in I would say it means "Rights".

Edited by Dark-Azkrin666

i think its cool how the boy scouts finally let up a little on their policy about gays

Wait, really? How so?

Now, since there seem to be a lot of great mix of LBGT folks here, I wanted to ask a question. Once on my campus I saw a sign celebrating all peoples of the "LBGTQR" community. I have only ONE question.

You sure it's not a poorly written A? A would refer to Asexuals.

@WereJace:

Nope, I'm sure it was an R. Though 'rights' makes more sense than Retro (xd.png) but I'm positive it was an R. I took a pic of it on my phone but sadly, that pone was dropped in the toilet 3 days ago. I wish I was joking about that, too. *sigh*

@WereJace:

Nope, I'm sure it was an R. Though 'rights' makes more sense than Retro (xd.png) but I'm positive it was an R. I took a pic of it on my phone but sadly, that pone was dropped in the toilet 3 days ago. I wish I was joking about that, too. *sigh*

Brings back a memory of when my roommate dropped her phone in the toilet at around 11pm, and she asked me to fish it out for her with my ruler xd.png

Ah, boarding school. The fun never stops!

In the LGBTU abbreviation, "R" can stand for "general Rights" or "inter-Racial Relationships". c:

There's a short list here of what other abbreviation used with LGBTU can mean.

I believe this is my first time posting in this topic. I'm bisexual (though heavily lean toward women) (I'm also genderqueer, my birth gender is female but I sometimes identify as male).

Edited by Takoto

I've been getting kind of mad at myself lately. I read a lot of articles on LGBT rights and stuff, but I can't stop myself from reading the comments. There are almost always a ton of homophobic ones, and soemtimes they get me really depressed. DX I know it would just be better for me to ignore them, but for some reason I feel like I have to read them. D:

Kevin McClatchy revelation: Former Pirates owner says he is gay

McClatchy, then just 33, led a group of investors that bought the franchise in 1996, becoming the youngest owner in Major League Baseball. During his 11 years with the franchise, he kept his sexuality a closely guarded secret.

McClatchy added that he hopes his honesty will help bring about change in a sports culture that has been slow to accept gay athletes, coaches and executive. Just this past week, for example, Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar was suspended three games for writing a gay slur on his eye black.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2012...26pLid%3D209331

I sure hope this helps others. Being gay has nothing to do with a person performance.

I do hope I have posted this in the right section.

I have a girlfriend now biggrin.gif

I think this is how I'll end up coming out to most of my friends. I can't really trust much of anyone around here, so they'll just hear about it I guess.

@satyr I do the same thing x_x I don't know whyyyyyyy

Congrats, wonton. c:

~~~

Well, I'm out at school. It's pretty awesome, and it raised my self esteem a lot for some reason. xd.png But even though it's pretty much the same kids, my high school is a ton more accepting thatn the middle school was. My friends were all awesome about it when I told them, and I joined the GSA, so maybe I can nab myself a boyfriend sometime during the year. |DD

--Casually puts this in here--

I guess I'm bi. I'm in love with a girl and she loves me but we're just friends for the good of our families. I'm too scared to come out, but I'm out to all my online friends. I actually "date" a gay guy who didn't want anyone to know except me and his boyfriend.

I'm 22 and live in the heart of the "Bible Belt"... much to my dismay. I haven't figured out yet if I'm demisexual or gray-asexual(my feelings for the person that makes me question this are mixed at best), but I do know that, during my times of sexuality, I have been attracted to either gender fairly equally. I tend to prefer somewhat more effeminate men when I do take notice of one, though...

It's been rough, coming to terms with my own sexuality. I was raised in a very conservative household that is very anti-gay and actually still pretty racist at times as well. Most of the strength I've needed to accept that I'm not a typical heterosexual young woman has come from an amazing friend of mine who lives halfway across the country from me. He is gay, though I didn't know this until nearly a year after we met, and by that time I was familiar enough with him as a person to not care, despite the extreme prejudice I was raised to bear. My father initially tried to stop my communication with him, but it turns out that my friendship has helped my father to see that orientation doesn't define a person.

My school recently added a GSA club. c: i support, even though i dont have time to join it. :<

Hello thread. As this is my first splurge into this forum, I suppose a welcome and short description is necessary, but first things first! I was quite excited to see this post, so many things are either anti-lgbt or 'don't say' places. This thank you is a must.

Anyway. to my intro:

I am 18, nearing 19, female, lesbian, short and crazy [according to my friends. tongue.gif ] I live in the middle of a town in indiana with its main claim to fame as being the number one town in the state for highest rate of teen pregnancy [its so bad a daycare is connected to my old high school]. It is a very christian, very white, very conservative, tiny little town, and when my ex and I attempted to start up a GSA, we were shot down [after having gotten everything we needed except the school board approval, go figure]. My family is extremely old-fashioned and conservative, and have ignored everything to do with my lesbianism. I have repeatedly told my mother, she only brings it up when she believes it will benefit her [otherwise you wouldnt even know]. My brother thinks its 'weird' but is really the only one who supports me fully. My grandmother has not seemed to let it sink in. When I bring my girlfriend over, she is set on calling her my friend [she believes it too, doesnt believe shes my girl despite the repeated discussions we all have]. AAND... Yeah. I think thats about it.

i am a straight male person, and i would like to have at least one gay friend(woman or man) I don't know why i just do, i do support gay marriage, i'm not gay, i do know how it feels to be gay, i do feel uncomfortable around male people who like men, cause i don't want to be looked at boy who likes(loves) other boys, i'm sorry if you find affencive and i know you don't wanna here my life style but, i have grown up with just a mother, my father is alive, so i have learnt to appreciate gays.

thanks for your time. be good.

i am a straight male person, and i would like to have at least one gay friend(woman or man) I don't know why i just do,

How does someone's sexuality have anything to do with being friends? I certainly wouldn't want someone being my friend just because I'm gay. Being gay is how I was born, not anything to do with my personality.

i do support gay marriage, i'm not gay, i do know how it feels to be gay,

How do you know how it feels to be gay if you're not gay? Does it feel different being gay? It just seems weird to me to say you know how it feels, but meh.

i do feel uncomfortable around male people who like men, cause i don't want to be looked at boy who likes(loves) other boys

Hang on a moment...you want to be friends with someone who is gay (male or female), yet you feel uncomfortable around homosexual men? I understand the feeling uncomfortable, things that are different from how we were raised generally make us feel uncomfortable at first. What I don't get is the contradiction between these two posts.

i'm sorry if you find affencive and i know you don't wanna here my life style but, i have grown up with just a mother, my father is alive, so i have learnt to appreciate gays.

thanks for your time. be good.

Appreciating members of the LGTB community is great. We need all the support we can get. -pokes at politicians-

How does someone's sexuality have anything to do with being friends? I certainly wouldn't want someone being my friend just because I'm gay. Being gay is how I was born, not anything to do with my personality.

How do you know how it feels to be gay if you're not gay? Does it feel different being gay? It just seems weird to me to say you know how it feels, but meh.

Hang on a moment...you want to be friends with someone who is gay (male or female), yet you feel uncomfortable around homosexual men? I understand the feeling uncomfortable, things that are different from how we were raised generally make us feel uncomfortable at first. What I don't get is the contradiction between these two posts.

Appreciating members of the LGTB community is great. We need all the support we can get. -pokes at politicians-

when i say i know how people who like the same gender, i know what it feels like to be teased, not because of my sexuality, because i have disability.