Skellybones

Skulduggery Pleasant

Old one has dissapeared ohmy.gif

Hi. I like SP.

Seen as it's world book day (very) soon, I'm going as Valkyrie Cain. (School and that...)

There is a whole series of them now, going up to book 6 ohmy.gif

What's your favorite book?

Who do you like most?

What's your favorite line?

I personally find them rather funny and exciting...

My favorite book is the 6th one, so many things revealed ohmy.gif

I like Either Valkyrie or Skulduggery the most... (can't decide which xd.png)

My favorite line (well, more of paragraph xd.png) is: "Remember that weekend we couldn't find you? We though Mevolent had snatched you away and was torturing you to within an inch of your life. Valkyrie, would you like to know what he was really doing that weekend?" "Yes I would," said Valkyrie. "No she wouldn't," Said Ghastly. "I think she would," Skulduggery siad. "If you tell her," Siad Ghastly, "I will have both of you arrested. And possibly flogged." Vex sighed. "Sorry Val. What happens in wartime, apparantly stayes in wartime." (actually, that's probably not my favorite piece, but it's the only one that doesn't really give away a big shink of the plot. and we couldn't want that now would we?)

Well, what do you like about them?

Edited by Shadowwolf6

I couldn't settle on a favorite line or book (IMO, the books are continuously improving, so it would just change and change anyway), but ZOMG Skulduggery Pleasant is amazing! I mean, seriously: I rarely buy books, but I nevertheless imported the most recent trilogy from Britain because I love them so much.

I've only gotten to read the first three SP books (checked them out from the library), but I loved them so much I'm considering actually paying shipping to get books 4, 5, and 6 imported via Amazon. (And I like never pay shipping on Amazon; I always use the free Super Saver shipping.)

I love Skulduggery's craziness... There are few books I've read that make me laugh as much I did when I was first reading these. (The only real competitor I can think of is Brandon Sanderson's Alcatraz vs the Evil Librarians series--they have a similar mood of randomness that cracks me up.)

Does anyone know if and when there will be a seventh book? Like, was the ending of the sixth conclusive enough that Derek Landy could stop there, or are there loose ends that need to be tied up?

I've only gotten to read the first three SP books (checked them out from the library), but I loved them so much I'm considering actually paying shipping to get books 4, 5, and 6 imported via Amazon. (And I like never pay shipping on Amazon; I always use the free Super Saver shipping.)

I love Skulduggery's craziness... There are few books I've read that make me laugh as much I did when I was first reading these. (The only real competitor I can think of is Brandon Sanderson's Alcatraz vs the Evil Librarians series--they have a similar mood of randomness that cracks me up.)

Does anyone know if and when there will be a seventh book? Like, was the ending of the sixth conclusive enough that Derek Landy could stop there, or are there loose ends that need to be tied up?

Well, in the end of the 6th book it does say:

Watch out for Derek's world book day book

Skulduggery pleasant: The end of the world

I think it's coming out tomorrow ohmy.gif

The end of deathbringer was rather conclusive, but he's obviously selling another xd.png

ugh wub.gif I NEVER see enough SP love around here. I LOVE that series! It's super hard to get ahold of the books around here, and I've read up to Mortal Coil...it only gets better and better!

I can't really answer any of the questions except for favorite character, which should be obvious-- Skulduggery!

But I love each and every one of them, too.

I recommend Eruditor instead. They don't have proper customer service, and some reviews of the website mention having difficulties with that, but the upside is that the books are much less expensive.

ZOMG, you like Alcatraz too?! Nobody reads those books, it seems!

Derek Landy has said that it's going to be a 9-book series. So, that's good.

I recommend Eruditor instead. They don't have proper customer service, and some reviews of the website mention having difficulties with that, but the upside is that the books are much less expensive.

ZOMG, you like Alcatraz too?! Nobody reads those books, it seems!

Derek Landy has said that it's going to be a 9-book series. So, that's good.

2 more books after todays D:

At least there will be a few xd.png

2 more books after todays D:

At least there will be a few xd.png

No, there are still three books coming. The End of the World is a special novella for world book day; the series' proper books release in September (with the exception of... I think it was Dark Days, that released early).

No, there are still three books coming. The End of the World is a special novella for world book day; the series' proper books release in September (with the exception of... I think it was Dark Days, that released early).

Yaaayyyy

3 more books biggrin.gif

That just makes me even happier xd.png

Oh most def. my favourite book series.

Book 7 will be released in August and is titled "Kingdom of the Wicked"

My favourite book might be "Playing With Fire", but I love them all. ^^

My favourite character changes a lot. First it was Tanith, then Serpine. Dusk also once held that position. xd.png

Currently, though; it's Wreath.

Anyone else excited for "Kingdom of the Wicked"? xP

My favourite book might be "Playing With Fire", but I love them all. ^^

My favourite character changes a lot. First it was Tanith, then Serpine. Dusk also once held that position. xd.png

Currently, though; it's Wreath.

Anyone else excited for "Kingdom of the Wicked"? xP

Meeee!

I'm excited!

Hunger games is competing, though...

New book might chnage my mind, though...

Anyone read End Of The World?

I have. My friend loaned it to me. ^^

It was quite good, methinks. The additional short story wasn't too great, though. Dx

My friend got me hooked on the first book but I never had a chance to read the rest. The first one was kick *butt* awesome! :3

Nrrrr.... These books arn't long enough... Already on the last chapter of the latest one O.o

8th is out- Skulduggery Pleasant: Last Stand of a Dead Man

Just got my copy, no one is gonna see me for the next few days >:D

I love the way the spellcheck on my phone suggests Cain when I type in Valkyrie, and Pleasant when I type in Skulduggery :3

I've only read the first one so far. A couple of favourite lines (though it'd take ages to list them all! tongue.gif) are:

"You can't leave me alone," she said, following him into the living room.

"Yes," he corrected, "I can. You'll be perfectly safe."

"The front door's off!"

"Well, yes. You'll be perfectly safe as long as they don't come through the front door."

"Are you taking my hat hostage?" he asked doubtfully.

"Ah," he said, nodding." "Yes, I can see how that question would arise."

"So are you going to answer it?"

"That's unlikely."

"Stephanie, I'm not altogether sure you're respecting my authority."

"No, I'm not."

"I see. OK then."

"Well, I'm in harm's way, so it's not your decision any more."

"No, apparently it isn't."

"So you won't keep anything away from me again?"

He put his hand to his chest. "Cross my heart and hope to die."

"OK."

He nodded and led the way back to the Bentley.

"Though you don't actually have a heart," she said.

"I know."

"And technically, you've already died."

"I know that too."

"Just so we're clear."

"Well, Skulduggery? Where is that tired old defiance - the taunting, the goading? Where are the endless heroic clichés? Aren't you going to look me in the eye and tell me to do my worst?"

"Actually, I was going to ask you to go easy on me. I'm feeling kind of tender today."

Serpine stood, opened his left hand in front of the detective. "This is your one chance. Tell me where the key is."

"OK."

Serpine raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"No, only joking. Do your worst."

I think I'll stop there, even though there are plenty of others.