TwilightMoonDragon

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2

I still want to make a team of only eeveeolutions, is that a bad idea? xd.png

Actually, no. Eeveelutions generally have good stats and at least moderate movesets, and very diverse typing of course. The only problem with it is that once you sent out two or three of them your opponent would be able to figure out that your team was solely eeveelutions and guess what you have left.

Is it bad I'm trading nonrare shinies for shiny Pokemon?

IDK, my brother is going to be jealous when I tell him I got a few Unova shinies >.<

If you complete the Pokedex (not sure which one and whether or not it's sight or catch) you get an item that makes you more likely to get shinies, and if you use the Masuda method it becomes even more likely, I think the combination gets it down to a chance of like 1 in 1500 or something.

I have a shiny Spiritomb, though not from all that.

I know, but it'll be a pain to do the Masuda method, I'm trying to get a shiny Zorua or Deino smile.gif

I doubt that, people are very rarely willing to trade shinies, and they have the same chance, unless they are hacking, as you to get them. So your chances are actually lower going for trades.

I doubt that, people are very rarely willing to trade shinies, and they have the same chance, unless they are hacking, as you to get them. So your chances are actually lower going for trades.

It's fairly easy to find Shinies for trade, not necessarily so easy to find them legitimately. Personally, as a Shiny Hunter, I don't find much value in Shinies I didn't capture myself.

I'm not sure how you got that. I spent five hours in the GTS negotiations (everyone want Reshiram or Zekrom in the regular GTS) last month, and only one person even offered a shiny.

I'm not sure how you got that. I spent five hours in the GTS negotiations (everyone want Reshiram or Zekrom in the regular GTS) last month, and only one person even offered a shiny.

I see people come away with them fairly frequently in the Shiny Hunting communities I frequent. Either way I don't look much myself, since I don't find much worth in Shinies I didn't obtain myself.

I find them worthwhile, as long as I'm pretty sure they weren't hacked in. Quick question, is it possible to find shinies in the Dream World? I do have a shiny Spiritomb that I got from the 4th gen GTS, I traded my Lvl. 100 Giritina for a Lvl. 1 Giritina, which I then traded for said Spiritomb.

I find them worthwhile, as long as I'm pretty sure they weren't hacked in. Quick question, is it possible to find shinies in the Dream World? I do have a shiny Spiritomb that I got from the 4th gen GTS, I traded my Lvl. 100 Giritina for a Lvl. 1 Giritina, which I then traded for said Spiritomb.

I'm pretty sure you can't.

I'm very wary of hacked Pokemon, even Pokemon which are just hacked for things like straight 31s. As a result I don't use GTS at all, not even for Masuda method-ing.

I have never even SEEN a shiny. Not in any of the pokemon games I've EVER owned. Which is these:

Diamond

Pearl

Heartgold

Black

White2

NO SHINIES.

I'm pretty sure you can't.

I'm very wary of hacked Pokemon, even Pokemon which are just hacked for things like straight 31s. As a result I don't use GTS at all, not even for Masuda method-ing.

That's what I thought, I use the random matchup sometimes and I always end up fighting shiny Salmence with Moxie. Well not just those, but I've seen several.

Only shinies I ever caught:

Magicarp (in Silver... so it was rather pointless... but oddly funny)

Lugia (in Silver- legitly. Dad was catching it for me since I tend to kill everything I wanna catch ~I was rather young and button happy~ and we didn't know it was shiny until 3 years later... when I lost where he was traded...)

Tentacool and Tailow in Ruby

Tentacool in Emerald

Geodude in Diamond

Geodude in Platinum

Poliwag in Soul Silver

Pidgey in Heart Gold

Bennate in White2

I'm having trouble even getting in the dream world! D8 Man I wish I knew how. Pokemon right now is like my only antisocial time entertainment I have right now since my computer is gone for a bit ( hey, is this the place to get pal pad codes).

That's what I thought, I use the random matchup sometimes and I always end up fighting shiny Salmence with Moxie. Well not just those, but I've seen several.

Well, I mean that you can't get one -from- the Dream World. But since you can breed Dream World abilities, it's still possible in that regard.

Yeah, the Global Link, I don't use it much, I got bored after a while. Anyway, that's where you get hidden abilities, but I'm pretty sure you can't get shiny pokemon from it, so the only way to get a shiny with a hidden ability is breeding, which can have the slight advantage of being able to use the Masuda method. But I've seen at least 10 different shiny Moxie Salamence, most of them accompanied by a team of shinies, often Cloysters and Scizors.

If you're dedicated Shinies aren't really that difficult to get. Chaining is still the best method, and it's pretty easy to once you know how to do it.

Edited by 7Deadly$ins

Yeah, I've actually failed with that once. But still, the sheer number of shiny moxie Salamence. You can also IV breed, which has some effect on shinies, though I think there is a randomness so that's a moot point. I rarely fight teams without six shinies in the Random Matchup, which is one of the reasons I stopped.

Yeah, I've actually failed with that once. But still, the sheer number of shiny moxie Salamence. You can also IV breed, which has some effect on shinies, though I think there is a randomness so that's a moot point. I rarely fight teams without six shinies in the Random Matchup, which is one of the reasons I stopped.

You've still got luck involved, but at the least you could guarantee a Shiny with the right nature and at least one IV that you wanted through Masuda method. Through luck you could feasibly do three IVs, nature, and Ability. The other IVs are luck.

Or, those people just RNG'd their pokemon. Still technically legit pokemon, but controversial in how they get acquired.

I have never even SEEN a shiny. Not in any of the pokemon games I've EVER owned. Which is these:

Diamond

Pearl

Heartgold

Black

White2

NO SHINIES.

Get to the Lake of Rage in Heartgold. The Gyarados there is shiny. smile.gif