Verridith

NASCAR

It would be sort of rude to sell tickets someone gave to you as a present? I would say reject them if you don't want to go.

It would be rude I guess but my family is tight on money at the moment though and she would never have found out. I couldve watched it on TV, told her I had a great time, and thanked her and she wouldve thought that she had done something really nice for me.

In the end though, I did decide that it was kind of wrong, so I asked her if I could give the tickets to my cousin and she said it was fine.

And it wasnt necessarily a... "gift". I mean, she got the tickets for herself, she just couldnt go, and she didnt want the tickets to be wasted. Dont get me wrong, I'm grateful for the nice gesture. She couldve given them to anyone else but she offered them to me and my family. I'm just saying that the tickets werent something that she bought specifically for me to use.

Edited by Spyder

love NASCAR too, I miss working for DEI and JR Motorsports...

love NASCAR too, I miss working for DEI and JR Motorsports...

Are you going to be able to work there again?

No, I retired in 2011, but I do some times help out at some of the races here in NC from time too time...

Jeff Gordon. My dad always watched NASCAR, and he always cheered for him. So it rubbed onto me, I guess- And he does pretty good. Better then pretty good.

Anyways, this is kind of a bump...

It may be, but there is no other thread for this, so may as well.

My dad and I used to root for Bobby Hamilton. I've been kinda sad every time I think about him since he died (not to mention the world lost Steve Irwin around the same time, which made it extra worse).

Heh, I've been watching the chase. So far the drivers I thought would do well are doing so, and I called one of the drivers who'd been knocked out.

I also gotta say that rookie Kyle Larson is certainly something. I have old dicast cars from when they still sold them under hotwheels-mattel in stores, but I might have to order Larson's car off the internet store now wink.gif

I worked for DEI form 96 until 07, after Jr left DEI I went too for him at JR Motorsports until I retired last year,this was the first speedWeek I wasn't down at Daytona...

That's incredible. I bet they are great guys to work for..