Rekha

Do you ever wish you could meet...

I like to check on the offspring of my dragons when I'm bored. There are a lot of people who have children of my dragons that I would like to meet; the people who have some of my earliest rare offspring and the people who have some of my most recent pretty lineaged offspring. I wish I could find the person who froze my Sweetling's child from this year, because I love how they look frozen, but there is no scroll name.

I do really like it when one of my dragons' offspring gets named, especially if it is after their parents. But I don't mind seeing dragons unnamed, I just think of their code as their name. I'm actually thrilled every time I see one of my offspring has been frozen, I guess because I freeze so many of my hatchlings myself. If someone were to continue a randomly caught lineage of mine, I would be very happy. However, that isn't very likely, and I don't care who they mate. Most of my dragons have "messy lineages" because I don't care. But I like making pretty things, so I do have some lineages that are more orderly.

I actually did catch a dragon that was the descendant of my dragons, HomeSeeker, I was so excited!

I don't actually contact any of the people who have the offspring of my dragons, because I think they would be a little creeped out.

I was surprised to see how many people are angry at the people who received their dragons' offspring because they didn't name or didn't continue some lineage. It is one thing if it is a gift, because one can give stipulations to the person receiving the gift.

Edited by WatersMoon110

Oh, crud. Thanks. Here, have some more loosing: http://dragcave.net/view/5FkU

I'm going to assume you meant 'have some more losing' instead of 'loosing'. Unless you meant you wanted to set Rekha free by having her lose?? xd.png

I really love looking at my dragon's offspring and where they've gone. I LOOOVE when they get named! I have a specific breeding pair that I use to send eggs off to the AP and watch the offspring grow and have kids. It's a fun experiment. http://dragcave.net/progeny/aj8K

I would love to thank the people who name the offspring after the parents. Some of my favorites come from my breeding pair of 'I can break these Cuffs' and 'You Can't Break those Cuffs' which include 'I have the Key' and 'I'm a Locksmith'.

I don't care if they're messy lineages or they don't continue the lineage I was working on. I do get kind of sad to see them Zombified or Killed, though. ;-;

Edited by MysticTiger

I think it's kind of fun to follow the offspring to see if they've been named or too see any new descendants. I see it as another facet of the game-when I'm scroll locked and can't hunt, I'll scroll through their pages and see if any neat names have popped up. I don't breed mine very often, so it's not like I have tons and tons to go through. 'EATW' has that handy little progeny tool I like to peek at now and then. happy.gif

Edited by fainewebbe

I don't really care what people do with my eggs, though I do like to see them get named. If I toss them, I can't really complain that the codes are on my progeny list.

I do like looking through the progeny pages from time to time and have seen a few familiar names show up- people I've seen here in the forums with the same names on their scrolls, etc. I don't know that I would really want to contact the owners of any of the eggs or anything in the progeny lines though to discuss my bred babies xd.png

"OHAY, YOUR DRAGONS CAME FROM MY DRAGONS LOL!"

...Really, what would you even say?

@WatersMoon110 - RE: I was surprised to see how many people are angry at the people who received their dragons' offspring because they didn't name or didn't continue some lineage. It is one thing if it is a gift, because one can give stipulations to the person receiving the gift.

I can completely understand this really. Honestly, I am not angry with people who don't name the offspring of my dragons, because it isn't something that we spoke about. However, when I gift... I usually request that names be continued... and if I gift a very pretty lineage that I worked hard on, I have a few more requirements obviously. Or if someone asks me to breed for them from a specific pairing then again I have a certain number of stipulations to my breeding for them. Though I cannot be angry with someone who I either trade to because I was seeking something they had OR people who catch the dragons that I leave off in the AP.

@MysticTiger - RE: Unless you meant you wanted to set Rekha free by having her lose??

I simply lul'ed at this one! As to having a specific breeding pair to send eggs to the AP with, I kinda really like this idea and think I should try something like it! It kinda has me excited to try and figure out which dragons I should use and start breeding them to watch what happens.. who gets them, who names them.. how they are bred. Great just one more idea that I didn't need! -laughs- My Fiancee is gunna love you for that one.

@fainewebbe

I tend to do the same when I am scroll locked, that and of course now I stalk the reviews and do as many as I can get through.. and of course work on my own Dragon Descriptions. But I absolutely love stalking my dragon's progeny it's very interesting.

@Daypaw

If someone contacted me with that I would be like "Awesome! Which ones? And then I might even ask for one of their progeny. I don't know I think it would be cool to be contacted by people whos dragon babies I've nabbed off of the AP or ended up trading for from other people who've nabbed em from the AP.

I'm okay with people that don't name my grand-drangons. I do the same, sometimes. I really like to wait until the perfect name pops into my mind, unless the eggie or hatchy was a gift.

I really do like to check out my dragons' progeny from time to time. It's just neat to see who has been named or even just to see who has survived to adult hood. Since I mainly only breed 2nd gens, I haven't noticed much killing, freezing, or Vamping.

I do get amused when I get a PM saying "Wow, you have one of my grandbabies" and I get to say - "er, YES, you GAVE her to me..."

(hello, nice mod who did that; do you know who you are xd.png ???)

Edited by fuzzbucket

I don't breed eggs just to abandon them, but one time when I was more of a noob, one of my eggs got auto-abandoned after breeding. I wish I could meet the person who caught it (though they never gave the dragon a name and seem to have gone inactive). It'd be cool to see who caught my holidays' offspring too. I would also like to meet the owner of one of my first dragon's parents, because they wrote such nice descriptions, and I'd just want them to know that their baby is treasured. Yes, I get very attached to my dragons and their offspring. :3

There's a few that I would.

The backstory: I accidentally overbred and thus autoabandoned a Dorkface stone (Aqua Terremoto x Aqua Stellaguerre Dorkface), and the little thing was named Stellaguerre Terremoto. What's funny about that is that the names mean "Star Wars" in Italian and "Earthquake" in Portuguese, and neither of which really applied to said dragon.

And I went poking down the list of offspring, and their offspring. "Terremoto" is a common naming trend as they've continued the line, and even funnier is that none of them are greens.

In short, I'd like to inform this person about how funny the whole situation is, and to please add the DF name to it.

There's a few others (a few vamps that got pretty awesome names, a few lineage dragons that didn't get named properly other than the one mentioned), but for the most part, I'm OK with how others play the game. I'm not one for complaining about inbreds (I have and breed plenty), and I'm behind on naming my dragons too, so I can't give anyone else heat for it wink.gif.

Edited by aquamarine84