Rekha

Do you ever wish you could meet...

I tried to come up with a better topic title.. however, there wasn't enough space. So here's the thing... I have just recently started going through all of my dragons and writing down all of the times they have bred, what came from it and all of those things. When I see that my Dragon's babies have gone to good homes I enjoy following their trails.. all the way from their children to their grand children and in some cases even further.

I have found myself wishing that I knew who these owners were so that I could thank them for naming these sweet babies, and breeding them, and taking such good care of them. Have you ever done this? Felt this way?

When I first started playing in the dragcave years ago I wasn't really that into it... I enjoyed it, but then I left due to RT reasons.. but now that I have come back I have found so much joy in things I never even really thought about back then. I have also become a lot more serious about my dragons, how they are bred.. if they have been inbred because if they have I wont breed them (Except for one Bronze Tinsel Thuwed that I have and then ONLY on request).

Eep sorry I kinda rambled.. so yah, my questions are these...

Have you ever wanted to meet and get to know the owners of your Dragon's babies?

How do you think a topic for doing exactly that would go over? Not posting the name on the scrolls, but perhaps the names or codes given to the dragons.. and a lineage link?

I think it would be very interesting that's for sure. And who knows, maybe it would give people a chance to have a great great grandchild of their own Dragons on their scrolls! How neat right?

Not really, the whole point of the game is too raise dragons whether they be CB or bred. The only thing I would thank them for is keeping up a lineage since I'm too lazy to do it myself but along the lines I wind up finding my thunder with a sunset grandson when his lineage was suppose to be thunder x storm.

It's true some people do not continue the lineage perhaps the way you would have wanted it, but then again... there are ways to make sure your eggs go to good homes. When I first began this game I didn't really talk on the forums.. I was a bit too timid to do such really as the forums are kinda intimidating when just starting in this game since everyone here knows way more than me... even now!

And the fact that the point of the game is to raise dragons is exactly why I think it would be neat to talk with other people who have a part of one of your pairs.. it would add another depth to the game as well.

And damn I just lost The Game by typing the game in the last paragraph. LOL.

Some I would. Would love to thank them for taking good care of my babies.

Others... well, would like to punch them in the face for not naming them. xd.png

Unlike others, I don't mind if people experimenting on my eggs. A dead egg is always sad, but a successful neglected would be an honor.

And damn I just lost The Game by typing the game in the last paragraph. LOL.

Oh, crud. Thanks. Here, have some more loosing: http://dragcave.net/view/5FkU

On topic:

Others... well, would like to punch them in the face for not naming them. xd.png

Unlike others, I don't mind if people experimenting on my eggs. A dead egg is always sad, but a successful neglected would be an honor.

Agreed here. I really don't have a problem with my abandons being bitten, neglected, or zombiefied. What I do have a problem with is seeing them unnamed and/or bred irresponsibly.

There is one single bad-lined black I abandoned, and I'm thrilled to see that it was bred to create a black stripe during their release, and nothing else. That person knows whet hey are doing, and I thank them. Another bred an EG Shallow I dropped to create what I call a pseudo EG - The mate wasn't too bad and went exactly to the same length as the EG Shallow. That was nice to see they tried to not make it fugly. Most of my bred holidays went unnamed... that makes me sad. But one per marrow I bred was named after the parent, both of whom were supposed to be name-holders. I couldn't change my Marrows names after that. It made me so happy.

Other than that, I take a gander at the receiving scroll, if possible, right after abandoning. I make a quick judgment and that's that.

Apart from a few very special eggs (mostly Holly-kids), it doesn't bother me what people do with the eggs I breed. I have so many dragons now that I don't check in on their offspring very often. Discovering every once in a while that a baby's been given a nice name, or that its lineage has been continued, is always a nice treat, though.

I certainly wouldn't have any objection to making a thread about it, but it does seem a little superfluous-- if somebody wanted to be contacted about stuff like that, they could set their scroll name to be visible on their dragons' pages, and then you could just PM them, right?

Not really i just try and get mroe of the breed i want. One breed i dont want is a flamingo and apprently no one wants a 3rd gen flamingo thuwed.

What I do have a problem with is seeing them unnamed and/or bred irresponsibly.

This was the reason I stopped breeding my nebulas. After the alt craze, most of my second gen nebulas I had dropped as gifts were bred into monstrosities like this.

I admit it does sadden me when this happens, but I also do like it when somebody continues the lineages I've been working on, which is the only reason I keep dropping some goodies to the AP from time to time.

Nebulas tho... that's a little thorn I'm still keeping, and now I only breed them for gifting personally or trading.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to follow up on my dragon's babies, although I do check out the babies I had to abandon due to them being the wrong egg for a lineage project. I like seeing that they are well cared for and named. The other day I noticed one was named after the parents and I thought that was really nice. smile.gif

Once the dragon is transferred or dropped, I really don't follow what happens to my offspring. Once in a while I may look at my children links out of curiosity, but that's it.

And based on comments here, I have absolutely no interest in getting contacted by people who've bred the dragons I now have, especially if they want to confront me about the fact that I generally don't name my dragons or something else I'm doing that they don't like.

Finally found this post again. It is so nice to see the difference of opinions all about, and especially nice to see some that share the same opinions as myself.

I personally would love to be contacted by people who's eggs I have nabbed up and taken care of. I try to continue lineages where possible, and I try to name them as best as I can.

I think sometimes it might actually allow some people to come up with great ideas together and perhaps build new found lineages together.

Once the dragon is transferred or dropped, I really don't follow what happens to my offspring.  Once in a while I may look at my children links out of curiosity, but that's it.

And based on comments here, I have absolutely no interest in getting contacted by people who've bred the dragons I now have, especially if they want to confront me about the fact that I generally don't name my dragons or something else I'm doing that they don't like.

yeaaap, same here.

i only look at my own dragons' progeny and i might click on a dragon if they named it something and casually browse through the scroll...i wouldn't go as far as contacting though; i really don't care what happens to my dragons' offspring.

and...if they breed them, inbreed, them, don't name them, i'm perfectly okay with it. it's not my dragon anyways. xd.png besides...i do those things too.

edit: typos!

Edited by lightningsky

I don't really think about meeting them, but I do always wonder if they're on the forums or not. Since hiding scroll names is all the craze, the chance of me finding out is very slim. :P Occasionally I stumble across familiar owner names or eggs on scrolls that have ancestors including those from my scroll and that's pretty rad.

I do have a habit of going through progeny lists of my favourite dragons though just to see whether they're still 'active'. Seeing an egg pop up or the 'View Children' link usually make me happy. x)

I think it would be fun.

One of my favorites is someone who named the offspring of my balloon "Wait what about my order" in response to the parent's name "And That Will Be All"

While I get a bit sad if people don't name the offspring, I don't mind to much, but I get happy if people name the dragon something cool or funny.

Actually on checking it seems they have responded to this thread

I only follow them to see if they've been named. It always tickles me when an egg I've bred and dumped gets named after its parents. But I don't follow them other than that. I'm not particularly concerned with the lineages because most of my dragons have a real monstrosity of a lineage anyways.

I have over 1000 dragons (I think.) I just do not have the time. I sometimes follow eggs I have gifted to someone I don't know, out of curiosity - and also ones that I have bred to be part of some special linage - just as the people I do bloodswaps with follow the ones they give me. But otherwise - I wouldn't have the TIME ! - never mind the inclination.

I mostly followed bred eggs when I was still pretty new and didn't have much of an idea on how to breed. Recently though, I just check if it's a special egg/lineage.

Though the last time I tracked eggs from several dragons was during Xmas, just to find out someone had gotten both eggs from my Yule and killed them sad.gif. Sure he's just a 2nd gen, but they could've re-adandoned the eggs. This was pretty much the only time I wanted to meet someone from here IRL, just so I could yell at them.

I think it'd be cool to talk with the owner's of my dragon's babies. Especially if they continue a lineage and take care of them. XD That way I could thank them ._.

One of my tinsel's babies is now a neglected, and I couldn't be more proud. And after a four month hiatus, I saw why people say Tinsels breed like rabbits, my tinsel had an astronomical amount of descendants.

Maybe, but then I would have to yell at them for leaving my dragon nameless. I /hate/ nameless dragons. It shows a lack of caring. >->

I do love to see what my babies are named, or if they are named. Sometimes, I do want to say a "thank you" for keeping and raising my dragons offspring. happy.gif However, I honestly don't care if my babies have been bitten or killed or traded. its a great thrill to see it named after your username or the parents!

Only when a gift is unnamed or killed or traded is when I really get annoyed.

Maybe, but then I would have to yell at them for leaving my dragon nameless. I /hate/ nameless dragons. It shows a lack of caring. >->

maybe not a lack of caring, but a lack of creativity. i'm sorry, but don't assume that naming = caring...i have a friend who plays who would rather leave his dragons nameless because he can't some up with 'good' names/or they are already taken. xd.png the only reason his dragons ARE named is because i talked him into it. and he does 'care' about his dragons.

but yeah, i see scrolls with unnamed dragons and i don't think much of it. i figure they can't think of a name at the moment. even i get 'name block' now and then. hell, i never named my neglecteds. :/

sorry if i jumped on your post...i feel like everyone should be able to play the game their own way and not be hated for it. o_O;

edit: typos

Edited by lightningsky

I love looking at who owns my dragons' offspring. :3 I'm mostly concerned about the inbreds I abandon (don't inbreed too often anymore though), and the nicely lineaged ones. Once I bred my CB Pillows for a friend, but forgot about it. Spent months wondering who on earth owned him. Accidentally shouted at her when I found out. xd.png

I like to check up on the offspring of my dragons... like others, I love to discover cool names, or that they are named after the parents, or that they have continued the lineage, or that my dragons have great-great-great-whatever-grand-children-dragons. I think that's pretty cool. I discovered someone vamped a 2nd gen Dorsal x Marrow that I had abandonded because I needed a red dorsal and the egg was purple. I was glad to see it and I thought that was a great idea!

I'd love to get an egg that had any of my dragons a few generations back in the lineage... even if it was a mess. I just think it would be really neat, and nice to see that someone had continued their lines. I breed a lot of my dragons, just in the hopes that if I get enough of them out there a long lost relative might come back to my scroll again one day biggrin.gif (Good ones, that I think people will want and use in lineages)

@SapphirexD

I agree. There are many times I want to thank someone for either continuing the lineage or perhaps using the same sort of naming style that I used. It's really nice seeing that kinda stuff actually.

@Ashes The Second

Yah that would be my biggest problem honestly. I really loathe it when people don't name dragons. To me personally it makes me feel like they just dont care and like they just come here to try and get the biggest baddest collection but it doesn't matter how well they take care of their dragons. Heck I have even begun working toward describing ALL of my dragons. I really do care for those little buggars.

@Xythus

Luckily I haven't come across anyone not naming a gift that I have given them, or doing anything harmful to them. Though I have had to accept the fact that if I trade away a dragon for something else then what happens to the dragon I traded isn't really my concern. Even if it makes me a little sad panda to see, I have to accept it. Hrumph!

@PolarVortex

I think it would be pretty amazing to get an egg that is actually like the great great great grandchild of one of my dragon pairs. And I like you, wouldn't mind if it was messy or not because it would be something that came from what I created which is awesome.