stagazer_7

Dragon Movies and Series

WOOT for LoTR/The Hobbit, MLP:FiM, HP and Dragonheart! xd.png

I love the dragon animation in Dragonheart- the first more so than the second. Especially considering the year, available tech, and budget.

Edited by Dimar

I Have Two:

Eragon

And

Dragonheart

Both Are Very Good.

How to Train Your Dragon and the cartoon spin-off of it Dragons: Riders of Berk

I don't know if YouTube shorts apply, but search 'Ritterschlag'. Very unexpected ending xd.png It's a nice German animated short, following a dragon father trying to teach his son the trick of knocking knights off a bridge.

I remember that video! It was awesome. The music was nice and the little dragon was so cute. I thought it was a mother dragon though? huh.gif

Also, I fully agree with what you said about D. Wars. It was horrible. I thought it was going to be amazing with Dragons everywhere. Hell the bad dragon was just an overgrown snake!

The only part worth seeing was what you mentioned.

As for my favorite Dragon movie?

Cannot choose between "How to Train Your Dragon" and "Dragon Heart"

Both are extremely epic.

Favorite series is "Dragons: Riders of Berk"

The animated movie Origin: Spirits of the Past has plant dragons, though they are only there for the first few two minutes. I didn't care for the movie in general, but those first two minutes are STUNNING. Actually, you can probably catch it all in a clip on youtube if you search for "Origin spirits of the past opening".

Edited by Cielmuir

Come to think of it, I haven't watched any movies/series that were majorly about dragons, and that I found particularly good/enjoyable. I'm probably too critical. /shrugs

Dreamworks Dragons:The Defenders of Berk

Eragon (though the movie is terrible when compared to the books)

Dragonheart

How to Train Your Dragon

Reign of Fire

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaugh (movie did really a brilliant job on portraying Smaugh)

Then a lot of B rated movies that I can't remember the names of.

I know I'll get a couple "never heard of its" when I say this, but I loved The Never Ending Story and Dragonheart.

My favorite dragon movie so far is Dragon Heart 3: the sorcerers curse, but I also LOVE How to Train Your Dragon. biggrin.gif

Feel free to share any other dragon movies that I did not list smile.gif

*dusts the mothballs of the thread*

There, updated the thread a little - the only new dragon-theme movies I've seen lately have been the Hobbit Trilogy and How to train your Dragon 2.

Aaah, and Tales of Earthsea from Studio Ghibly - that one had some dragons in it.

Edited by stagazer_7

I loved HTTYD, and American Dragon: Jake Long was a really cool concept (never really watched the whole thing though). My favorite would have to be Wakfu, it's a french cartoon that's up on Netflix (I think it's still there). The dragons don't show up until about halfway through season 1, but when they do, they're an integral part of the story.

HTTYD= definitely.

Smaug from LOTR = awesome

I also liked Falcor from Neverending Story

The Eragon series is also good (a little wordy at the end but still ok).

I enjoyed watching Dragon's World: A Fantasy Made Real because I liked how the movie created scientific possibilities about dragons' existence and behavior. It is sort of like a science fiction documentary.

I enjoyed it.

But it also irritated me to no end.

Still, I have my views on 'realistic' dragons and others have theirs...

They're remaking Pete's Dragon!

I'm really excited, but I hope they don't lose the original feel of the movie (and it seems like they have from the trailer I watched). I really enjoyed the dragon clearly being a drawn animation in the first movie. I know we've got a lot newer tech from then, but sometimes the old school feel makes the movie. The clearly drawn animated dragon was cute. I also wonder if they're going to lose the plot about abuse and not handle it like the old one did. I am very curious.