Darth Krande

Sorting dragons - new suggestions

I'm in the middle of sorting my dragons, and ther are two functions I would very much like to have.

1, Pinned dragons

I think everyone who has more than three dragons has one favourite dragon they want to be ALWAYS on the top of their scroll. No matter how I change the sorting of the rest of the crew, That Dragon should be on top. Similar to the $ mark in Microsoft Excel, once you give the pinned dragon a number, it should always remain his number and the dragon wouldn't get lost among the many others of his age or breed or color.

2, Saving the custom sort

As it says on the tin. I arrange my dragons with, say, water dragons first, then my favourite black, then my oldest magi, then the army of rares (ha ha I can dream) then the rest of my commons in alphabetical order of their breed. Then, on a whim, I decide to use rainbow sorting, I might like it, I get new dragons, etc.... and two weeks later I decide the previous sorting just looked better. Wouldn't it be good to simply go back to the saved version? So I would have my waters on top again, then my favourite black, etc, and the new dragons would be somewhere either on top or at the bottom, just like how Legacy custom sort numbers the newlings "0" until they are placed somewhere.

I think it would be useful. I don't know how hard the coding would be, though.

1. I dont think this is really needed. You could do this easily with the custom sort.

2. I think this might have been suggested before, bu im not sure. I like the idea though! It would make things a while lot easier!

Edited by Sinister-by-Nature

You can - but what you can't do is go back to how you had it before unless you don't save what you just set up....

Then again - people would want to go back to the one before that, or the one you did last year, and so on....

I'm sort of indifferent really. I use legacy if I have a mass move to do, and other than that, alt custom- seems to work OK.

I actually want the ability to go back to how it was a year ago. I mean, if I saved the way they were sorted last year, then I could do that, right? With the new dragons added somewhere, of course.

1: i would like to see this if it is possible. i like to use sort by breed, but sometimes i wish that i could for example place my chickens on top. and yes, i know custom sort can do that, but it would be nice to be able to pin them and use onne of the pre-sort methods for the rest.

2: i can see this as handy for people who use custom sort, so yeah.

1. Interesting. Dunno if I would use it, but I think it's a good idea. :3

2. As far as I'm aware, this already happens (no idea where any new dragons grabbed go, though. Probably with your other eggs and then in order from when they grew up?). o.o Just have to choose the sort method while not within custom sort.

There is a suggestion on saving multiple custom sorts, though, if that's more what you were thinking? http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=101886

Unless I'm totally misunderstanding. Dx

i like the idea of being able to pin them beacuse i will always have my pygmies at the top of my list ALWAYS

Thank you, SockPuppet smile.gif That's exactly my second suggestion, only, that's more accurately explained smile.gif

i may sound like a complete noob here, but how do i sort dragons? i have no clue how to and i haven't found an option to sort them. where is the option to sort them?

I support this.

The sorting functions do not work reliably at the moment, and on DC, one cannot use Alternate Custom Sort's drag and drop on mobile devices. (Mobile devices are capable of drag and drop. See this demo here: http://sewa.se/drag/ ) Nor do mobile users have access to function keys which makes sorting easier for desktop users.

Pin Dragon would enable me to pin a dragon where I want him to be, set it, and forget it!

Edited by missy_