ary_lynn

Public Last Bred Dates

I would not mind this at all.

The people I owe eggs to could see that I am breeding, thus eliminating the need for them to decide whether or not they should send me a pm.

And if I'm not breeding then they could see that and feel comfortable sending a pm asking if everything is ok or giving me a poke to remind me that I still owe them an egg.

I wouldn't be particularly in favor of this, even though there are people who owe me eggs. I trust that they're trying, and when it happens, it happens.

If this was something that could be opted out of I wouldn't be actually opposed. I just would opt out.

I say yes with this. I have a glitch with my valentines and on valentines day it said I bred them the day. So if somthing happens like this to anyone else they can show it to other people.

That's not a glitch. All of your adults were laid this year. Holiday dragons cannot breed in the same year they were born. They can breed the following breeding season, though.

My dragons are not into voyeurism. D:

Haha, that really made me laugh. Nice way of putting it. xd.png

Enough people already obsessively stalk dragons when dealing with an IOU, an offer, etc., I can't imagine how much worse this would make this. "You could have bred yesterday but didn't, I'm going to tell everyone you suck and never to trade with you !!11!1!!1!!" >_>

Besides, when my dragons decide to get jiggy for whatever reason, it's none of anybody's gosh darn business. My dragons are not into voyeurism. D:

=p

No from me.

Yeaahh I agree with this. And something tells me that even if this were optional and you opted out of it, people would bug you into making your last bred dates public because otherwise they would find it suspicious.

I would also be very bothered by people if they were bugging me to breed when I was a day or so late. I guess it would be a little more appropriate for IOU's, but it definitely wouldn't be exclusive to people wanting IOU's.

It just seems like this would only hinder breeders.

I understand that some people forget and would actually appreciate a pm saying that their dragon is ready to be bred. So what I WOULD like, however, is an option to put your own dragon(s) on breeder watch and whenever they come out of cooldown a message could pop up at the top saying they are ready for breeding.

Yeaahh I agree with this. And something tells me that even if this were optional and you opted out of it, people would bug you into making your last bred dates public because otherwise they would find it suspicious.

I would also be very bothered by people if they were bugging me to breed when I was a day or so late. I guess it would be a little more appropriate for IOU's, but it definitely wouldn't be exclusive to people wanting IOU's.

It just seems like this would only hinder breeders.

I understand that some people forget and would actually appreciate a pm saying that their dragon is ready to be bred. So what I WOULD like, however, is an option to put your own dragon(s) on breeder watch and whenever they come out of cooldown a message could pop up at the top saying they are ready for breeding.

Oooo, I like that suggestion - then if you got lucky with an egg you'd just have to remember which person you'd bred it FOR, lol.

(If I owe anyone eggs, please do drop me a line?

(I worry about forgetting people... but still don't want to be viewed naked at the airport, have my emails examined for anything powerful corporations might not like me sending and cut off my internet access for, or have anyone watching my dragons come open for breeding... what IS society coming to???)

I probably wouldn't use a feature like this, ever, but I'm of two minds about it.

On the one hand, teleport is helping to create a booming trade economy, and when it comes to lineaged dragon trading - especially TInsels - it's very often a pay now, receive later transaction. I've noticed, more and more, that people are gaining a greater awareness of the risk that poses and are taking steps to minimize it by doing things like asking for references (which actually made me giggle when I saw it laugh.gif ).

The longer trading goes on, the more stories of players getting swindled will crop up, and the more people will want new ways of feeling potential partners out. This suggestion doesn't prove anyone's good intentions, and it won't guarantee anyone will get their egg, but it could make people feel better about trading under those circumstances because the process is more open. That can be easy to dismiss when you're an active forum member and people recognize your username, even if they don't know you. People are much more willing to trade with an established community member who has a reputation to lose than with someone they've never seen before. For those players, being able to tell people that they have this info public so that those owed can keep an eye on things might help them in a lot of cases.

Having said that, I'm not sure I'm really comfortable with the site doing something specifically to bolster the IOU side of trading, Any time someone's making a two way deal, but not using the immediate exchange function built into the teleport system, there's always a chance of things going wrong. Right now, that's a risk we choose to take on our own. This suggestion, however, almost seems to support the riskier behavior by creating a kind of tracking system for it. I don't think that's a position in which the site wants to place itself.

What I'd actually kind of like to see, instead, is a comeback of the user run successful trade database project. Whenever a trade was carried out, both parties could go and report the success and then people could build up a positive reputation based on previous conduct. Because If I can see that someone has a solid track record, then I don't need to watch over their breeding patterns.

I see absolutely no benefit to this and all the drawbacks that have been mentioned.

I do a lot of breeding for others (usually requests rather than IOUs), but I have a busy life, too, and don't always do my breeding as soon as the dragons are off cooldown. I also am often egg locked when it is time to breed, so breeding is delayed. I think that this option would make it easier for people to try to manage my breeding schedule for me, rather than allowing me to breed at my own convenience. I don't need to be flooded with PMs asking why I didn't breed today.

If I'm just not in the mood to go Scrolling through my 1,000plus dragons to see 'who's in the mood' and who's not - ain't nobody's business but my own.

BIG FAT NO VOTE HERE. I enjoy breeding my dragons for people - at my own pace, not theirs.

Having the date public still doesn't hurt anyone tongue.gif so I don't see what your problem with it is.  It's not only about people lying about it, but ofc I'd see why people skip that part.  Its ANOTHER way to for people to check up on their iou's not just to check on the validity of people's statements tongue.gif  And as mentioned by someone earlier ;p Not everyone has a forum account to go shoot someone a pm, and not everyone wants to have a forum account.

It occurs to me - further about this post. If someone doesn't have a forum account - how are you going to get in touch anyway ? Mercifully (IMHO) there is no way to PM someone via their scroll. Please let there never be one !

And if someone DOES have a forum account - then you can use the PM system. I do have a list of my IOUs, but if someone thinks I've forgotten them - I'd rather they do that than stalk my dragons. I may not have bred because I have an IOU for 6 pink hatchies I am building up to, for instance. (I did have, once !) I may not have bred because I am on vacation and can't watch my dragons, so I laid a load of eggs for myself before I left, for my sitter to watch. I may just - not feel like it. Whatever - it is MY business, and no-one else's.

No-one has to trade with me xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

What I'd actually kind of like to see, instead, is a comeback of the user run successful trade database project. Whenever a trade was carried out, both parties could go and report the success and then people could build up a positive reputation based on previous conduct. Because If I can see that someone has a solid track record, then I don't need to watch over their breeding patterns.

While reading through your post, I thought of that, too. I think this would be a nice compromise, and with no burden to TJ at that!

Although, it would only be necessary for IOUs - restarting it for normal trades becomes pointless since it's failsafe now.

I would like this as an optional feature. I offer to breed sometimes in trades, and this would make it easier for someone that's waiting on me to take a peek at the potential parents, rather than forcing me to be on the forums all the time, which I almost never am.

Who else (except for me) would need to know if my dragons have already bred? A big NO-NO from me!

People can see if you have succesfully bred - checking the dragon's offsprings. Which solves most of the coming questions.

If I decide to trade for IOUs, I trust the said person. Thus I don't need to watch them, stalk them and monitor their dragons.

I cannot see any possitives here only unnecessary drama.

I like the reputation thingy thought. Just one thing bugs me a bit. Who would proove if the records are true? (Friends can always click some +s while your "enemies" or trolls or sick people would click -s?)

I like the reputation thingy thought. Just one thing bugs me a bit. Who would proove if the records are true? (Friends can always click some +s while your "enemies" or trolls or sick people would click -s?)

One site I was a former member of had a trade reputation system. In order to file for +/- reputation on someone, a link had to be provided, either to a thread or other proof of a trade. If it was via messages, then a screenshot was required. There was no other oversight, but if we thought that it was being abused, all moderators had the power to take a look and fix/handle the situation. That way, friends couldn't abuse the +, and 'enemies' couldn't abuse the -.

I vote yes, but only if I can turn the option off. If you want to risk people stalking your scroll then that's up to you.

It would be really nice if others could see which dragons are available for breeding. That way, when I tell someone I'm giving a BSA egg to, I don't have to list oodles of dragons that aren't available. Among other uses.

I'd support only if it was optional to have the information public. It is no one elses concern but mine for my cooldowns.

Edited by rubyshoes

No from me, it is not necessary.

I don't think it's necessary. And like Ruby said, it would definitely have to be optional. It's no one's business when other people last bred their dragons. I'm not even sure why people would want to know, to be honest.

It might put even more of a demand on someone's dragons.

"I know that your ____ x ____ can breed tomorrow, can you please breed them for me?"

Edit.. missing a "

Edited by DeathCry

I vote no.

If a dragon can't bred, I'll just tell them. Not to mention the stalking for people who owe IOUs, or people who bred for request. >.>"

If this feature really had to be implemented, I'd vote for it to be optional. In general, I don't really want it.

IOUs aside, I don't think anyone else really needs to know when I breed my dragons. Nor do I need to know when other people breed their dragons either. Breeding is something you do on your own scroll - why should everyone else see it? o.O

In regards to the "it helps people check on IOUs" argument: if IOUs are technically unofficial and not a supported/encouraged trade method (though it's popular), I don't think it's the best way of arguing for its implementation. :3

I was going to be on the fence about this, but then I remembered about holidays. :/ I don't think anyone wants to be pestered to breed their Holiday dragons (yes, I'm mostly thinking of Hollies/alt Sweetlings/spriter alts here) because they haven't done so yet. So, I guess a no from me, since I wouldn't want this to be non-optional and if it were optional, I doubt many people would have it enabled.

I vote no, because this is the sort of thing that might cause people to start nagging one to turn on, even if one doesn't want this feature to be on.

User A has lots of rare dragons, and has their scroll set to not show last bred date.

User B sees this and starts pestering User A to set their scroll so that User B can see when User A is breeding their rares.

If my dragons wanted their sex life made public, they would do so themselves,. I will breed when I want to and they are OK with that, and anyone I owe a dragon to can PM me here if they think I have forgotten. I have no IOUs with anyone not on forum. (How could one have ??)

Still do NOT support.