kronosdragon

The Wings of the Changeling OOC

Hey, where'd kronosdragon go? He/she suddenly stopped posting after Feb. 29, and we're not allowed to advance the plot...

@CYDA LUVA83: You could just do what I did. Stumble into the group and announce that you'd like to join. Asoryll's quest is a pretty widespread rumor by now. Or get attacked near our group? It kind of depends on what your character's like.

I was wondering the same thing. I've had my sheet up for a few days now. Oh well, I'm sure he/she has a good reason for being gone.

I really hope I get excepted... This is the 2nd Rp i've tried to get into on this forum, but this one seems really well thought out!

Alright, sorry for being gone for so long, guys. I was away on a week-long trip and I forgot to say something here. Cyda, your character can join us when we get out of the forest.

SDC, you've been accepted, but wait until after Cyda has met up with the group unless you two work something out to where you guys are traveling together.

Star, I'm going to need you to rewrite your character's Bio. A bio is not a description of what he/she did before coming to the group. It is a short summary of his/her past and how they came to learn of Asoryll's group.

Don't forget, to anyone who is new, nobody knows who Asoryll really is, and he goes only by Zarbeses for the time being. He won't answer to anything else.

Thank you! I'll lurk for an opprotunity to join after Cyda does. Or if she wants we can join together. It's great to be part of this RP!

I'd like to join in together. ^^'

Since Lachrymossin lives on the edge of the Deserted Plains, maybe he could be out traveling and meet your character somewhere along the Northwestern Kingdom, Cyrus?

That would be great! If it's okay with Kronos, we could begin RPing that before actually joining the group, allowing use to post now instead of having to wait for the group to leave the forest. If you'll post something to start that off, I'll join in.

Owner: Gunia

Character Name: Jewel

Sex: Female

Breed: user posted image A Green Nebula.

Homeland: Like many hatchlings, I was born in the Deserted Plains, nothing special.

Bio: Shortly after I officially became an adult dragon, the Changeling appeared, sweeping everlasting night, and bringing the world, as we know it, into chaos. Ever since the changeling appeared, dragons have been fighting over just about everything. As a hatchling, I had a pretty uneventful life. Everything was peaceful, and shared. One day I heard a rumor that a dragon was going to bring peace to the land. Yeah right, I thought to myself. But, my curiosity got the better of me. (It tends to do that) And I began searching for more information. Asking dragons what this mysterious dragon planned to do, how, and so on. Through this I learned that he was recruiting dragons to help him on his quest. When I heard this, a small spark lit up in my chest. I had always been the adventurous type, and that, combined with my curiosity, would get me into heaps of trouble. So here was my curiosity and adventurous spirit taking over again. And with that, I set off to find this rumored dragon.

My name is Gunia, and I agree to abide by the RP rules.

Edited by Gunia

Chaos doesn't have an I in it.

Have you read the other characters' bios? We have characters who are young adults born after the arrival of the Changeling. Maybe you should change the age?

Also this RP is in third person, and

A bio is not a description of what he/she did before coming to the group. It is a short summary of his/her past and how they came to learn of Asoryll's group.

Gunia, your character sheet has been declined. Pi stated what was wrong, and after reading through, I don't think you're ready for this kind of roleplay. Develop your RP skills a little more before applying here at a later time, should we have openings. Good luck.

@Cyda and SDC, you guys are a-go for posting if you're coming across each other. Just make sure to pay attention to everyone else as well, so that you guys will know when we're close to your position and ready to take you guys in.

Guys, remember, the sun never shines over Vyrmgard. It hasn't since the day the Changeling arrived.

Sorry, I was gone too... Here is my character sheet, edited.

Owner: Starheart

Character Name: Starri

Breed: Blue Nebula

Homeland: Petrified Forest

Bio: Starri was an ordinary enough Nebula, but she grew up looking at a world that was petrified and broken. She had a mother, she had a father, and life was normal. Her parents stayed living with her, even when she was old enough. She heard that a dragon was forming a group to stop the Changeling, so she went to find him. She didn't really believe that they would do it, but they had to try. Cause ever since Starri was 20, she had seen many dragons die, including her 5 syblings. So, naturally, she hates the war more than anything, except the changeling. Her mother always said that Starri sees more than she should. Starri left to find this dragon, in revenge for those she lost.

I am Starheart, and I promise to abide to the RP rules.

Edited by Starheart

"Nebulus" isn't a word. Nebula is singular, and nebulae is plural. "Broken" from the bio shouldn't be capitalized.

You need a lot more content for your bio. What does "normal" mean? Her life can't have been normal if she grew up in a world like that, especially with all those food shortages and dangerous dragons that live in the Petrified Forest. How did they survive(were her parents exceptionally good at fighting, etc.)? What does Starri think about the war? Why is she going to find Asoryll? Is it because she's curious, or wants a reward, or wants to stop the war, or some other reason? You can even add a bit about what Starri's like, like her personality and whatnot. Just elaborate on what you have now.

Am I not supposed to give people critiques on their profiles? I just kind of started doing it and I'm not sure if that's a thing that's frowned upon...

@fractional pi day: It's constructive criticism; if it is frowned upon, it shouldn't be. I ALWAYS enjoy constructive criticisms in the interest of improved future posting.

@CYDA LUVA: I was writing my joining post when I realized I didn't know anything about your character. I went to this OOC looking for your character sheet and couldn't find it. Is it on here somewhere and I'm just missing it? Or did you do it the PM method?

Edited by Shapeshifting dragon Cyrus

@Shapeshifting Dragon Cyrus: Heh, PM. I'll set it up here. ^^'

Owner: CydaLuva83

Character Name: Lacrymossin (Moss for short)

Sex: male

Breed: Ochredrake

Homeland: The Deserted Plains

Bio: Lacrymossin was born a normal dragon, he had a family and a few acres of land to play on with other hatchlings. But the war came as he was entering adulthood and took that all away from him. He lives on the edges of the plains now, his den a burrow underneath the sand and cold sky. Moss found out about a Fallen King in Red and his group by a wandering dorsal dragon. She claimed to be a fortune teller who saw an end to the war by someone who was very wise and very brave, but the Ochredrake just thought she was insane and sent her on her way. Later, he found himself pondering what she said despite dismissing it as nonsense. Lachrymossin decided that night that he would go out in search of this king, to see if there was any truth to the dorsal's mad ramblings.

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

(I have practiced role playing in a couple of different threads, as well as Dungeons and Dragons with my friends. I have completely rewritten my application, and hope you find it much better than the previous one.)

Owner: Gunia

Character Name: Namilla

Breed: user posted image A Neotropical Dragon

Homeland: The Petrified Forest

Bio:

(Past): Namilla had just hatched, and the sun was shining brightly. Her father was out hunting, and her mother was guarding the nest. All seemed well with the world, until the Changeling came. The world swept into darkness, and nothing was visible. By the time Namilla's father came home with a large deer, an hour had past. Everything seemed okay, until the shortage of food. Dragons began fighting over measly scraps, and no one ever seemed to have enough to eat. Her father’s hunts proved less and less, until one day, he managed to kill a skinny deer. However, on his way home, he met a stone dragon, who demanded that he give him the deer. He refused, and the stone dragon killed him. Soon after, stone dragons raided the nest. Namilla’s mother, who was weak from lack of food, stood no chance against them. Namilla hid in a nearby cave during the fighting. The fighting did not last long, and the stone dragons soon finished off her mother, along with the nest. Satisfied with the raid, they left. When Namilla left the cave, the stone dragons had already taken anything that could be edible, and all that remained of the nest was a few eggshells. Namilla vowed right then and there that she would someday bring light back into the world.

(Present): Namilla has been hearing rumors of a mysterious dragon that was going to bring light back to the world. She thought nothing of it; after all they were just rumors. But soon the rumors grew more constant, and more detailed. The rumors stated that this mysterious dragon was looking for other dragons to help restore light into the world. When Namilla heard this, she could ignore the rumors not longer. If there was any way light could be brought back to the world, she was going to be a part of it. With that, Namilla started her quest to find this rumored dragon.

My name is Gunia, and I agree to abide by the RP rules.

Edited by Gunia

Keep in mind that the other character sheets around here imply that the war was at least about 150 years ago. Your character still works with this, but I'm just reminding you in case this goes against something you planned.

The bio is not supposed to be formatted like a roleplay post ("Namilla slowly crept out of the cave and saw the ruins of the battle."),but more like an account of what happened without specific actions (for example, something like "When Namilla left the cave, the stone dragons had already taken all of the food and all that remained of the nest was a few eggshells"). Look at the first few applications in the thread for some examples.

EDIT: I was referring to the entire past section, really. ._. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Other than that, great character! Hope you get accepted.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

O.O no one is posting! We must find whoever is holding up the line and slay them :I

Not really, but seriously, this RP is pretty awesome and it's a shame that its not more active.

Hey, I was wondering If I could join. I really want to be part of a roleplay!

Owner (your screenname):Geel-Kajin

Character Name: Shiocko

Sex :Male

Breed:Black(alt)

Homeland:Deserted Plains(my character doesn't really remember though, due to the fact he moved barely a day after in search of food.)

Bio : Abandoned by his original parents, he has little knowledge of his history, much less of the place he came from. He barely made it out of the egg, and survived in the wilds by himself. Shiocko can't remember where he was born, and has moved from place to place to scavenge what he can.

He has never seen a world except the one of destruction he now resides in. To him, the Changeling is something which cannot be gotten rid of, something which he has grown accustomed to. He used to loathe the Changeling, but years of living under sunless skies has caused his anger to dull. However, he once saw through a dream the world this once was, and still yearns to experience it one day.

For his physical appearance, he is generally malnourished. He also has many scars upon him, a result of fighting for survival. He has weak wings which can barely sustain flight, often tattered and gray.

Sad and often alone,he lives in solitude, wandering like a nomad. Most of the dragons shun him, because of his half-mad and starved appearance. He has lost his ability to converse with most, often ending up scaring away any dragon brave enough to approach him by accident. This leads him deeper into depression, a misery he cannot overcome.

Sometimes, he vents he tries to quell that empty feeling, venting his frustration on his prey, should he be lucky enough to find one. With much of the wildlife gone, he is unable to rip his enemies to shreds, thus making dealing with his anger even more tedious. He sometimes goes into bouts of madness, a result of years without making any attempt at conversing. During such frenzies, he loses control over his actions. This often happens when he attempts to speak to others, thus making him most afraid of the damage his insanity might do.

He heard of Asoryll's group when he was hiding from a group of dragons whom he happened to have passed by. He overheard the group's goals, and decided that he was going to attempt to conquer his own insanity, no matter how hard. Perhaps he believes by traveling with this group without causing endangerment to them, he can prove to himself that he has overcome his own barriers of madness. He does not want to be in the darkness anymore and wants to cure himself of his own hatred. Perhaps, he could even be of use to the world.

Edited by Lycanblood