silvrechan

The Valerian Chronicles

Rin started shaking as soon as he was deposited onto the creature lap feeling scared but then he heard something in his head and he responed "My name is Rin" he answered weakly. He smelled something on the creature and he located the scent and found a dragon snack pouch and he realized he was hungry.

Edited by dragon_shard123

Slipstrea chuckled at Rins reavyion to her bond. Kiera picked up on hr thoughts and dug in the sack she always kept with her, pulling out a neatly wrapped sandwich and peice of meat. "It was going to be our snack..." she said regretfully to Slipstream as she offered the food to the hatchling.

Rin grabbed the food but not forgetting his randomly obtained manners he broke the meat in to a large piece and a small piece and rolled the big piece to the dragon. "What is your name?" he said to the pair with he newly used vocal cords.

Kirera beamed, delighted that Rin had talked to her. "Im Kiera, and this is my bond and best friend, Sli-" Slipstream. The daydream dragon fiished. Im Slipstream. Kiera and i have been bonds since birth.

Rin was surprised by the outburst of Kiera but comforted by the voice of SlipStream he stared confused at these two "Whats a b-b-bond" he asked not knowing how to say bond.

Its when... Slipstream paused, unused to having to explain the concept of a bond to anybody. Its when a dragon, like you or me, and a human, like Kiera, fom a strong connection. Bonds can har each others thoughts, an the strongger your bond is, the stronger your powers will be. Some dragons and humans stay unbonded, but I cant imagine why they would want to do that. Kiera smiled again. "Rin, you should come back to the village with us. You could find a bond, and you would gt to meet our Caretaker. Im sure youd like her!"

(hey i'm gonna have Rin fall asleep on Slipstream's head cause I got to go to bed)

Rin looked up happily "Can we go now?" he said tiredly. He began to climb onto Slipstreams head and fell asleep.

((sure Firekitty happy.gif))

------------

The Shadow Walker sighed. She saw that the plants around her drooped.Is this why? she thought. She angrily kicked a weak plant. Hysteria headed back to her eggshell, although she didn't know how to find it. As she went near her eggshell, something crashed into her."what was that for?" she was about to say but it pounced on her again.(im evil to my dragons...) The wolf pup, which was about the same size as her, had the eyes of a killer. Hysteria quickly got out of the pups grasp and ran as far as she could. The wolf pup, who was confused, ran back into the forest.

Edited by girlfairy76

Jennifer stood up slowly, just about to head back to the village when suddenly, a high pitched squeal met her ears. She quickly leapt off the smooth boulder's surface and quietly ran towards the sound. It became louder as she got closer until finally, she paused at the edge of a clearing among the trees. There, a small, stunning royal blue hatchling ran around frantically, squealing for its parents. Pity and compassion overwhelmed Jennifer's heart, seeing the poor thing all alone.

Just then, a graceful Daydream along with its human companion landed softly beside the hatchling. Jennifer watched cautiously from her hiding spot until she realized it was Kiera and Slipstream, her bond. As Kiera tended to the newly hatched baby royal blue, Jennifer slowly ventured into the clearing. "Hey, Kiera," she greeted the other girl softly so as not to startle the new hatchling. Jennifer then approached the group and a wide smile came across her lips at the sight of Rin. "He's beautiful...," she whispered.

As rin fell asleep, Kiera turned around to face crystal. Her face was decorated with a gentlle smile. "I had forgotten how wonderful hatchlings are... But Rin is scared of me, Crystal. Why would he be scared of me?" A frown had found its wy onto Kieras face. Slipstream glanced over to comfort her bond, but didnt move for fear of jostling the sleeping hatchling. He hs just never seen a human beffore, thats all. She projected her thoughts so crystal could hear them also. He is wild after all. We should take him back to the village.

((Wait? Who's Crystal? o .o? lol, did you mean Jennifer?))

Jennifer nodded, her face beaming. She'd do anything to get the chance to take care of a hatchling, especially an abandoned one. "How are we going to get him back to the village without disturbing him?" she asked quietly, "Slipstream, do you think you could carry him gently enough so that he won't wake up?"

Edited by Tyra-Ice

((oops! Yeah, i meant Jennifer...))

Slipstream nodded. She could, but she would have to go alone. Kiera relayed this message to Jennifer, frowning. She knew it was neccesary, but hated being apart from Slipstream for any period of time. Slipstream backed up a few steps, then took off gently into the night sky. "Lets just hope she doesn't get distracted on the way..."Kiera mumbled under her breath.

Jennifer chuckled softly and nodded as she stood. "Yeah, you know Daydreams," she commented, sticking her hands deep into her pockets. Turning towards the village, she began briskly walking in that direction.

"Yeah." Kiera giggled. "Slip is better than most, but she's still mostly ditzy." She followed Jennifer into the forest. "So, Jennifer, who're you bonded with? I haven't really seen you around any dragons in particular..."

(Rin can be Jenifer's bond biggrin.gif )

Rin awoke at another presence but kept his eyes shut in case it was an attacker. As he felt Slipsteam move he opened his eyes to see another creature talking with Kiera.

((Yeah, that would be cool, tyra has to agree though.))

Slipstream felt Rin stir as she hovered above Kiera, eavesdropping on her bond's conversation. Awake already, Rin? She asked, rolling the hatchling into her back where Kiera usually sat. It would be harder for him to fall off there. Jennifer Kiera and I are taking you back to the village. It's much more safe there. She noticed the hatchlings confusion at the arrival of another human. The girl is Jennifer. She is another of the villagers. They may look like monsters to you, she dded, But humans are our companions, helpers, and friends. You'd best get used to their presence.

Rin felt himself roll onto Slips back and was startled by the idea of more humans. He looked slowly towards Slips face "Why are there humans they don't feel natural here?" he asked confused.

Slipstream sighed. They don't feel natural here because they aren't natural here. She twisted her head around to look at Rin. They aren't from our world, although they have lived here since I was born. Legends say they came in a ship made of silver, but could never find a home on Valerahn until they stumbled into the valley. They found our island, and we forged a truce. Eventually, humans started bonding with dragons, and things have never been the same since. We love and protect the humans, and they love and protect us. She sighed again. Sometimes she wondered what the valley had been like before humans... or before darklings, for that matter. She could feel her aura growing gloomier and gloomier, but couldn't do anything about it.

(hey is are you good at spriteing cause i'm trying to make a new dragon. the forums not up yet)

Rin could feel Slip getting sadder so he tried to fly along side her to cheer her up. As he flew ungracefully he spotted a colorful fruit and wanted it so he flew down and grabbed it and gave it to Slip to cheer her up.

(Whos Is?)

Hysteria grunted. She was hungry. Hysteria grabbed one of the dead plants and ate it. She spit it right back out and stuck her tounge out. "this is horrible!" she said fanning her mouth.

((Sort of... I haven't sprited in a while though. Id be happy to help however!))

Slipstream gasped as she felt Rin roll off her back, then beamed as he flapped his wings strong enough to stay in the air. As he laboriously brought the fruit up to her, she saw a shadow snaking behind him. Darklings! she roared, and dived down, snatching Rin in her claws and rocketing into the sky. She heard the darkling rumble in frustration, then beat its ponderous wings as it lifted itself after her. She spun out of her ascent and rocketed away from the village. She had to keep it from causing any harm!

((If anyone wants to play the darkling, go ahead.))

(Awesome i'm just waiting for it to be accepted or declined its a Bat Wyvern)

Rin was started by being snatched so fast he almost dropped the fruit but he grabbed onto it before it could get away. He looked down to see what had started Slip and saw some dragon but it wasn't it was to strange looking to be a dragon and he knew it was evil. As if he was possessed by the plants (he has plant powers) they told him to throw the fruit and when he did it slammed the creatures face and caused it to crash into the forest below. "What was that?" he asked his voice full of fear.

((Cool! I hope it gets accepted!))

Slipstream kept flying, even though Rin had managed to chase off the creature. That, she said, her voice full of fear, That was a darkling. They are evil creatures that invaded the valley some time ago. No where is truly safe from them. Actually, she added grimly, that is another reason we bond. Because two pairs of eyes on the lookout is better than one. She held Rin up to her face. You were very brave, little one. And strong as well, if only one hit could drive that beast off.