mickiloo97

Coexist or War

((I f'ed up... *headwall* Let me edit.))

Weredragons are a rare breed. They appear as half human, half dragon and can take the form of either, choosing when to transform. They live in groups; clans in the forests. Hardly anyone knows of their existence, but when clans start battling for territory and they begin venturing out of their woods and towards cities, everyone soon knows about them. The question is, can they coexist peacefully?[/size]

((this is the cause of the confusion.))

((Yeah, I edited. But in my defense, you did make it seem like the two knew each other. d:))

((Well, of course they know each other, as rivals. xd.png hence the sarcasm. They've probably had meetings before this one, too. I'm thinking the clans don't hate each other, they're just rivals, trying to beat the other one for supremacy.))

((You're not very good at sarcasm. .____. NOW POST DANG IT!

Please?

But it was kinda fun writing Akito's blow-up though. xd.png ))

((next time I'll write out: (sarcasm added) to indicate it, because my chars use it a lot.))

Makaidos laid his hands down on the table and leaned back on his stool, more relaxed now. "I'm glad to hear that. I thought I would be sitting here convincing you for the next half-hour, but apparently I've underestimated your intelligience." He examined akito carefully, "I am willing to trust you on this, I hope you don't choose to go back on it. You have no idea, the trouble I could cause for you if you do, let's leave it at that." he let the threat linger a little while before continuing, "now, how about specifics? I've decided that, if we're going to survive here, we need to push back the human attacks. The best way to do that, I think, would be to attack them. If we could join forces, I think we might have enough weres to severly cripple their military."

Edited by Shapeshifting dragon Cyrus

((You don't quite need to go that far, but do try making it more obvious...?))

Akito's eyes shot up at Makaidos' threat. "No. You have no idea." He stood, not allowing the other leader a reply. He moved to the 'door' of the tent and pushed away the deer skin, letting himself view the sky. "Seeing as how late, or should I say early, it is, our best bet right now is to rest up." He strolled back into the tent and subtly pointed Makaidos toward the door. "If we need to speak, please do send your deputy. Even though we are allies, I still wouldn't want the leader leaving it's clan."

((Oof, this is a bit of a wall of text... D:))

Rhody was drumming her hands upon her desk impatiently, her mind buzzing even though not much had gone on today at work. Though perhaps it was unnecessary, she often stayed long hours at work as if the time spent at home were a torture to her. She would come to work far earlier than need be, and leave far later, often sitting at her desk musing over things that had absolutely no relevance to her line of work whatsoever. She didn't like to be alone, though that vibe was often given to those around her, as her polite personality could sometimes be taken as cold, as she wasn't excessively friendly and was rather uptight.

Perhaps this was the source of the reason she stayed long hours everyday. Perhaps the crisp emptiness of her home was unsavory to her, perhaps the thought of being so alone in a house such as her's was a nightmare. The house was certainly frightening when dimly lit, it's shadows often cascading off of walls, the halls themselves seeming to stretch and grow longer before her very eyes. Too often was it that the electricity would flicker and eventually drop entirely, leaving her alone in the dark with no one to quench the fears that clawed about inside of her, the fears of her own home that she was too prideful to admit, but too strong to suppress.

Knowing the dark home that awaited her, it was no wonder Rhody would sit at her desk and muse quietly there in the police station with it's bright lights and the people who were often required to stay late. Here she had company, albeit ones that treated her as a boss and not as friends, and thus this normally uninviting place was her comfort zone.

It was interesting that such a place should make her, the Police Commissioner, comforted instead of her own home. One would wonder if she would not have a few police officers on speed dial, or at the least have several phones about with which she could call for help if need be. But one might suppose perhaps this fear was not of the house directly, but of what could be waiting for her in such a dark house.

Going further to indulge in her mind, we would find the very stem of her fear coming from a single thing. This thing would be something that affected her when she was younger, something she had stored plenty of hate for, something that she had angered over the years. One might not that it was not a something, but rather many somethings, in fact, a whole race of somethings. This race was a creature that was incomparable in it's terribleness and vile behavior. It was monstrous, unnatural, and to her, repulsive. The very thought of this beastly race sent shivers up her spine, and often would bring an expression upon her face akin to one that you might hold if you had eaten sour milk.

Yes, her hatred for these things was incredible, and was hard indeed to surmount. But she also feared them, as she had picked on many of their species and as a result, had angered a good many of them. Being as important a figure as herself, she could sense the target that was brought upon her back, could feel the hunger of the beasts as they stalked the shadows of her house. Perhaps they were not really there, but it certainly seemed to her they could be, for every time she rested in bed with her head upon her pillow she would hear a creak, and every time she would stiffen and sit straight up, her eyes wide and her nose flared like a doe whom has found herself face-to-face with the barrel of a rifle. She would hear no more and rest her head back upon that pillow, but for the rest of the night she would be unable to sleep, listening acutely to the scuttles across the floor that were more likely rats or mice than her enemy.

In fact, her rational mind told her, they simply could not be her enemy, for her enemy was far larger even when disguising themselves as humans. Humans were far louder, and far more cautious than a rat or mouse scuttling across the floor in the dark. And when her enemy was in their dragon form, they likely could not fit through the tight spiral staircase that lead to her room. Nay, the dragon would get stuck, and would have better luck tearing off the room of her house. This would send an even more horrible picture into her mind, one of that creature tearing apart her home, just to find her.

Her enemy, it must be said, was quite beastly, and was a rational fear, one could suppose. These creatures, called Weredragons, had the ability to take the form of a human or a beast, which she thought was completely unnatural and quite horrifying. The most horrible thing involving them was the dreams she had.

She once had a dream of being one of them. She could feel the from of her face extending, the soft skin on her face turning to scales. She was becoming a bloodthirsty monster, one that tore apart families and ruined lives. She resisted, but it was in vain. Soon she had become one of them.

And so Rhody sat that night, her head in her hands, her eyelids drooping, her expression tired. She sat before her desk, too afraid to go home, too afraid of her fears.

"Maybe I should go home... Maybe I should be stronger," she mused, but knew she would not, knew she could not, and knew that once more, like every other night, she would succumb to the will of her fear and stay late at work when she should be at home.

((Wow.

She must be beast if she can eat milk.

xd.png

Don't worry, I love walls.

*waits for Cyrus*))

((Right you are, Gator. Right. You. Are.))

((hey guys, many apologies. I think I'm gonna have to leave this RP. I thought I would be able to keep up, but it went much faster than I excpected, and I feel I've been ignoring other RPs to keep up with this one. Plus I'm trying to start my own. So yeah, whoever wants my character may have it. I would like to apologize to mickiloo for bailing. Mickiloo, when you said they planned on making it fast, YOU WERE RIGHT. this is the fastest growing RP with actual large posts I've seen, keep up the good work. Feel free to jack my character. The reason I have so many time restraints is because: I have a life beyond the internet, and sadly, it comes before this one.))

((@Tiffashy

Instead of killing off your character, which would've been very difficult, we simply restarted.

@Cyrus

user posted image

I knew this would happen. >_< But alright...

Would anyone like to take over Cyrus' character? We can't continue until we find a replacement...))

((*sigh* I can take Makaidos if we need.))

((Only if you must. You already have three characters, and I don't like people having more than that, especially when they're forced upon them.))

((Agreed. Well. Who else? Gator?))

((Ja, I could. Perhaps. Character suits me, based on the profile. I'll probably go back and read his posts just to make sure before I take him over, if I do.))

((Then go ahead.))

((Bump. C'mon guys! Don't let this break us!!!))

((We are all in limbo at the moment.))

((first post))

Zairin sat on the edge of the rooftop of the hotel that he was currently staying in. His icey blue eyes scanned the city spread out before him. Though he couldn't see very far due to many of the other buildings around the city being taller than the one he resided in. It had been a long time since his exile from his Clan, Kametia, and though he still felt uneasy a lot of the time about living in the city, he had grown accustomed to the human's ways of life. He sat and watched as the bullet trains took their passengers around the city, wondering what today might bring.

After a while he rose to his feet and walked back across the flat rooftop towards the door which led back down into the building. He pulled open the door and used his foot to push aside the cinder block he had been using to keep the door propped open. He let the door slide shut behind him as he decended the stairs towards the main floor. Once there, he walked briskly across the lobby and out the front door of the hotel. Zairin then turned left and headed down the sidewalk towards the edge of town. He didn't have work today and felt like spending some time looking around.

((In case you haven't noticed that there hasn't been an actual post on practically the entire page, we're currently paused. A leader from one of the clans has dropped out and we can't continue until a replacement is found.

I believe that Gator was suppose to take the character...? Is this right? If so, where the heck is she?))

((Ja, ja. I was taking the character. It was my birthday yesterday, and I've been busy lately. D:))

((Oh, well happy birthday. ^^ So I can change your name into the form then?))