Sign in to follow this  
DragonKing1337

Which Dragon sprite would you like to see updated?

None, absolutely none, I truly dislike updates. Done is done.

Rather sprite new dragons, please.

Still missing the true Gold......

This, this, a thousand times this. smile.gif

I don't think it's particularly rude to any artist; I can only speak for myself, but for example I really do like zombie dragons. I'd be pretty burned if they were changed into something they're not, as my one adult zombie is a favorite of mine. However, I can acknowledge that it may be hard to spot the missing limb at first, or even the face.

I can totally relate to liking old sprites too-- the change to male Sunsets made my opinion of them do a 180°. Which is why I like the way the Reds and Vines are being treated, letting the users speak their opinions, what they love about the current sprite, what they don't want changed, artist communication with public, etc. That approach gives me some optimism (though I still hope sprite updates will not be a common thing).

Vines - yes. Lyth started the thread, as she wants to update her own work.

The reds thread was started by someone soliciting opinions and saying how they HAD to be updated - the spriter wasn't involved, IIRC, and at least one person started posting "better" (NOT) sprites without the permission of the spriters whose work they were altering..

All in all it's a matter of opinion, i actually dislike the red's sprite but I like the dragon's concept and since red is my favorite color and the dragon has a useful BSA I don't mind having them. That's why I would like to see an update on it's sprite because I like for more then just incubate abuse.

The sprite is nice and a red dragon egg was the first egg I ever picked up (from the ap bad lineage lol) back in 08. But seeing these other older dragons get sprite updates with new poses, dimorphism, and better shading just makes me want to see what they could do with the reds.

I hope you guys don't think I am saying "This sprite is crap, what a waste of a dragon" because that would be far off from my point.

None. I wish all the original dragons looked like they used to, with the updated versions actually being a new breed.

Personally, I think the Stone dragons need updating. Like, a whole new sprite.

I dislike them. To me, they're quite ugly. =The reason I am yet to own one.

Id think alternate poses for on gender of the vamps would be nice. They were one of the first dragons with dimorphism and a recolor seems a bit underwhelming now. I do love them though.

All in all- I really don't feel there's that much of a pressing need for updates, unless there's glaring anatomical errors or the artists themselves want to. Old doesn't necessarily mean bad.

Agreed. If there were slight updates (like the update the horses got) then I'm sure I wouldn't complain and I'd probably appreciate the updates, but I wouldn't want to see any drastic/dramatic updates unless it's adding dimorphism. I don't really think it's fair to pressure artists to update their dragons though, but if they want to update them themselves (like with the vines) then I'd support what they want to do with their dragons. smile.gif They created them, after all.

Topic Reminder:

Everyone is allowed an opinion. When posting your opinion remember to be constructive in your criticism. Do not insult the Artist, do not insult each other.

Members do not have to agree on those opinions, it is not necessary to attempt to force members to agree with your opinion. When a member disagrees please attack the topic not each other.

Just because a member posts their opinion, that does not mean we will have any sprite changes.

Just a reminder.

I hope the zombies don't get an update. I will be sorely annoyed, as I dearly love the sprites. They look fantastic with the whites.

None of them unless their spriters want to change them.

And Socky said she was going to close ALL threads like this, so I am assuming it will be closed in short order. I hope so. I think it is most disrespectful to our artists to ask questions like this.

I apologize for the confusion; I meant I would close any suggestion threads on it (unless started by the artist trying to gather user thoughts), as users can't do anything without artist permissions and, not only are many of the original artists gone and can't give permission, starting a thread to ask whether people want x dragon updated doesn't really get anything done, anyway. <3

~

I don't really want a sprite update for any old dragons. Some of the more simpler or older ones are my favorites. The balloons are my absolute favorite. I really like albinos, deep seas, coastal ptredrakes/waverunners, magis, waters, skywings, and guardians. If an artist wants to do an update, I won't argue, but I think the dragons in cave are all fine as is.

I'd also be really sad if all sprites got dimorphism. I like single sprite adults. Dx

Agree.

As others said, new does not always equal good.

x2

All the sprites are fine. The one you might personally dislike might be someone else's favourite-I know Stones are pretty much my no.1 breed on the site, and if they got changed I would most likely cry.

(Not to mention they're part of the lineage I'm building, so that would be ruined if they updated)

I'd far rather have new sprites, or very slight changes like the updated shading on the Sunsets and the Horses than a new sprite altogether.

None.  I wish all the original dragons looked like they used to, with the updated versions actually being a new breed.

If all the dragons looked how they did originally, DC would've been closed down years ago for copyright infringement. They look how they do now because at the time, they were just edits to copyrighted video game sprites. For example, more than one came from old Final Fantasy games, dinos were Yoshis, and the chicken was jacked from Harvest Moon. They had to be changed.

Just FYI.

Edited by Lythiaren

None of them, they are beautiful the way they are!

Every single sprite is special and they don't need to be "fixed".

I still miss the old golds and I always will. sad.gif

I apologize for the confusion; I meant I would close any suggestion threads on it (unless started by the artist trying to gather user thoughts), as users can't do anything without artist permissions and, not only are many of the original artists gone and can't give permission, starting a thread to ask whether people want x dragon updated doesn't really get anything done, anyway. <3

Oh. OK. I guess. I still think it's a bit rude.

I don't really want a sprite update for any old dragons. Some of the more simpler or older ones are my favorites. The balloons are my absolute favorite. I really like albinos, deep seas, coastal ptredrakes/waverunners, magis, waters, skywings, and guardians. If an artist wants to do an update, I won't argue, but I think the dragons in cave are all fine as is.

Right on !

None of them unless their spriters want to change them.

And Socky said she was going to close ALL threads like this, so I am assuming it will be closed in short order. I hope so. I think it is most disrespectful to our artists to ask questions like this.

QFT.

I collect dragons because I like them as they are, including dorsals, reds, magis, stones and even albinos with their neck. I'd be disappointed to suddenly see them change. sad.gif Of course, if it's the artist's wish (like the vine), that's a different story.

I actually like all sprites as they are, some look wonderful, some not as good as others, but still great. I quite miss the old golds as I "grew up with them". There's actually nothing I'd like to be changed.