DragonKing1337

Which Dragon sprite would you like to see updated?

Just as the title says, which dragon do you think needs a sprite update?

I think the red dragon and Stone Dragon could use a sprite update. Ever since dimorphism I was hoping they would get an update like the water dragon but it didn't happen sad.gif

Just type which dragon you think would look nice with a new sprite and why.

Edited by DragonKing1337

Kila is planning on updating the Red dragon. Lyth, the original artist of the vines, is planning to do the same for said vines.

All in all- I really don't feel there's that much of a pressing need for updates, unless there's glaring anatomical errors or the artists themselves want to. Old doesn't necessarily mean bad.

The sprites of course aren't bad, the threads purpose is to let people give there opinion on which dragon would look nice with a sprite update.

All in all- I really don't feel there's that much of a pressing need for updates, unless there's glaring anatomical errors or the artists themselves want to. Old doesn't necessarily mean bad.

This. Old isn't always bad, and new isn't always good.

I'd be okay if the Zombie get a slight update to shading, focusing more on its gruesome details like the missing leg, skin ripped from its face, disemboweled belly, etc. Let those glorious battle wounds shine! But maybe I'm just hungry for more gruesome dragons.

Honestly though, I don't see any particular dragon in dire need of an update-- I especially hope that sprite updates are not going to be a common thing now, too. I mean, if the Stone got a teeny boost to its shading to make its front arms stand out from the tail then that's cool... but I'm not particularly optimistic about revamps. Negative Nancy Nine.

I'd love to see the red and the stone dragons get an updated sprite and the magi's could certainly use some polishing at least. Hopefully they come soon.

The only ones I would really like to see updated are Stones. And, of course, Lyth has everyone pumped for a Vine update. Dimorphism, squee.

Edited by OnABadBet

Personally i'd like to see the zombies given a bit of a touch up, its hard to make out much detail on the current version and they look a bit outdated compared to the rest of my scroll. Adult stones would be the only other one i'm not entirely fond of at the moment (the hatchlings are cute the way they are though) :3.

Looking forward to seeing the revamped reds and vines, they weren't bad to begin with but it would be nice to see them looking a bit more up to date like the newer dragons

Edited by whitedragon313711

Looking forward to seeing the revamped reds and vines, they weren't bad to begin with but it would be nice to see them looking a bit more up to date like the newer dragons

I agree with her. ^^

I like Vine and Red Dragons, but I'm still curious about a remake for the second. Maybe it would be nice.

None of them unless their spriters want to change them.

And Socky said she was going to close ALL threads like this, so I am assuming it will be closed in short order. I hope so. I think it is most disrespectful to our artists to ask questions like this.

Aww, I love the current zombie sprites! I am in love with them paired with whites ;u It's the only 'old' sprite I have a special, special affinity for :'(

None, absolutely none, I truly dislike updates. Done is done.

Rather sprite new dragons, please.

Still missing the true Gold......

I don't want current sprites to be updated, I'd love to have dimorphism for every breed biggrin.gif

Me too!

Surprise, surprise: lot of people here love Dragon Cave just the way it is now without rejecting the new updates though... tongue.gif

I immediately liked the Stone dragons as soon as I saw them. Made me pretty happy when I found out that they're easy to get as well.

While I'm not against dimorphism, I think the current sprites are, overall, perfectly fine.

The magi needs it, It looks lite its wing is attached to its neck.

So does does the red.

I REALLY think that if the red incubated a egg it would crush it.

I think pillow dragons are more suitable for incubating

Edited by tomboy3603

I think if the spriters decide to update it's very cool but I feel uncomfortable giving a personal opinion about any dragon needing updates when the spriter who created that might not see that at all..

I think if the spriters decide to update it's very cool but I feel uncomfortable giving a personal opinion about any dragon needing updates when the spriter who created that might not see that at all..

I'm glad SOMEONE else seems to get this... It's so rude.

Topic Reminder:

Everyone is allowed an opinion. When posting your opinion remember to be constructive in your criticism. Do not insult the Artist, do not insult each other.

Members do not have to agree on those opinions, it is not necessary to attempt to force members to agree with your opinion. When a member disagrees please attack the topic not each other.

Just because a member posts their opinion, that does not mean we will have any sprite changes.

It's very hard to choose, but if I had to I think it would be the Dorsal, after reading the description it says they're bright fins are used to attract a mate so it might be nice to see the dorsal fin a little different.

But it's the spriters choice, if they feel they've improved then it's their choice to update or not.

No one is criticizing anyone and personally I love all the dragons happy.gif

Dorsals do have rather dark colored fins in retrospect.

Anyone have a link to that red dragons sprite update thread?

None, absolutely none, I truly dislike updates. Done is done.

Rather sprite new dragons, please.

Still missing the true Gold......

Agree.

As others said, new does not always equal good.

Anyone have a link to that red dragons sprite update thread?

It was mercifully closed when it was getting thoroughly nasty, IIRC.

I don't think it's particularly rude to any artist; I can only speak for myself, but for example I really do like zombie dragons. I'd be pretty burned if they were changed into something they're not, as my one adult zombie is a favorite of mine. However, I can acknowledge that it may be hard to spot the missing limb at first, or even the face.

I can totally relate to liking old sprites too-- the change to male Sunsets made my opinion of them do a 180°. Which is why I like the way the Reds and Vines are being treated, letting the users speak their opinions, what they love about the current sprite, what they don't want changed, artist communication with public, etc. That approach gives me some optimism (though I still hope sprite updates will not be a common thing).