Dragon51398

Got a special music talent?

Nope! Rock bottom would be about $35 for a cheap one that is still a great musical instrument. Higher quality, you're looking between $60 and $80, or $100 for a pretty much top-tier beginner quality instrument.

Just to point you in the right direction, $35 would be a Makala Dolphin ukulele. Cheap, but fun to play with. The only problem is sometimes when you order them off the internet, they aren't set up properly, so they don't sound great.

Between $60 and $80, you're looking at probably a Lanikai LU-21. That was my first ukulele, and it's definitely a good one to start on!!

If I had to recommend the best one to start out on, it would be the Kamoa E series soprano size. It's a little pricier, $118, but the Kamoa ukuleles are very well crafted, beautiful instruments.

i can play any brass instrument. i tend to not play trombone because i don't know the slide positions though i have played valve trombone.

i usually play trumpet, cornet or soprano cornet. i also semi-regularly play tuba. but i can play any other member of the brass family.

@phil Wow, thanks for the detailed post! I'll definitely look into it then, compared to others that is pretty cheap. Thanks again for the recommendations! (:

So after awkwardly trying out for saxophone and making a fairly decent sound out of it, I might start playing saxophone as well as the clarinet, recorder, piano, and ukulele I already play.

I play guitar, djembe, and sing first soprano. I would love to learn piano, ukulele, and the penny whistle someday. Also, I really need to learn how to read music!

Edited by Terahlyanwe

Try ukulele. The basics are pretty easy, but you can take it seriously if you want to. It makes a great first instrument.

That was my first instrument, followed by recorder (at which I did very well) and mini-bagpipes (which I never got the hang of). I sing (first soprano), mostly in the car on the way to and from work now, though I have sung in choirs. I can pick out tunes on a piano but can't make the music flow well at all, never having taken lessons.

I'm good at Piano. I figured out "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" by myself. Took a while to find "And a Happy New Year" but found out a couple of days ago. I play it in the middle,high,low, and occasionally other tones on my keyboard.

That was my first instrument, followed by recorder (at which I did very well) and mini-bagpipes (which I never got the hang of). I sing (first soprano), mostly in the car on the way to and from work now, though I have sung in choirs. I can pick out tunes on a piano but can't make the music flow well at all, never having taken lessons.

Ukulele was the third instrument I taught myself and it's by far my favorite. smile.gif

Even though I die of embarrassment if I sing in front of a group, I love too and I'm starting on my guitar and almost have the song "Hey There Delilah" by The Plain White Tee's down it is definitely one of my favorite songs.

Nope. sad.gif I desperately wish I could play something though. I've always wanted to.

The college I'm transferring to for next year is known for its music studies though. So even though that isn't going to be an academic focus for me, maybe I'll be able to start learning something.

I play harmonica and recorder by ear. I can usually play fast on harmonica, but recorder is a bit tougher.

I play harp and piano. I completely agree with those who have no wish to practice smile.gif

I play flute and I love to do so! Most people hate practicing, but I think it's awesome. If you don't like to practice, you don't like your instrument. biggrin.gif Also I'm in wind symphony, first chair! cool.gif

I'm in my tenth year of flute study. It's a beautiful instrument as well as its auxiliary accompiniments.

I've been playing piano for 12 years now, and I can play trombone, cello, and trumpet.

i sing scales pretty well, but thats it. not any actual songs, i know, sad.

I'm a 5th year Bb Clarinet player, currently the principal player in our wind ensemble. ;]

I'm also trying to get down the ropes on Eb, Bass and Contrabass Clarinet.

1rst year French Horn Player

2nd year violin player

2nd year harp player

and I dabble around on Piano and Recorder. :3

I play flute and I love to do so! Most people hate practicing, but I think it's awesome. If you don't like to practice, you don't like your instrument. biggrin.gif Also I'm in wind symphony, first chair! cool.gif

Yesh, flute players unite!

Though currently I'm second chair in flute in marching band 'cause I'm the second oldest flute next to my section leader. >.> Everyone else is freshman.

I am a guitarist myself. I don't jam out rock songs, though (Although I tend to listen to them). I play classical music.

I play a bit of piano, but that's it. I'd like to learn to play guitar sometime though.

I'm a cover artist and if I know a song, I'll do my best to sing it right. Other than that, I suck. xd.png

I play the violin and at the moment I'm trying to arrange sheet music for a few video game tunes I love, though it's going a bit badly.