Sundew

art thread by Dew

FR request

user posted image

i'd like to get better at animating small things so this was a little practice cycle

user posted image

and i think i finished (?) designing an OC I've been working on for awhile. his name is Citrus and he's the fellow in my avatar

I'll get a ref sheet done eventually, in the meantime here's what i've got for him

user posted image

I'm in the mood to do a quick sprite right now, so if anyone has any requests please say so

Your arts are really great ab613! You're very talented. Between, I love your GF sprites!

I think I'm a little late but are you still accepting requests? If yes, could you make a Waddles sprite for me? I'm preety sure you know who he is tongue.gif

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i've not touched pixel stuff in awhile, trying to get back into that now. school's been a bust--i mean, blast, 's been a blast, boy do i love getting me that education

so yes! here is some stuff to prove that i have been doing stuff

almost all of these are just pictures of my sketchbook and 'touched up' using cruddy phone filters so please pardon 'em

spooky dragon*

ice??water?? dragon*

i can't label this one because it's part of a secret project o:

prickly derg*

beedrill attempt

venosaur

Big Sister

style practice*

paper mache/clay jack o'lantern!

*i like this and hopefully do something with it later when i have time

Edited by ab613

nyeh I particularly really want that spooky and the prickly derg and style practice @_@

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

omg that spooky dragon...something just gives me the shivers lol. I love it!

Are you accepting any requests? I would love to see your take on a sunsong dragon. BTW that animated dragon sketch looks really cool! I know you did it for practice but I really like the sketchy feel to it.

- Pryanka

icon for my friend's blog

http://orig03.deviantart.net/7c8b/f/2016/337/0/1/018b096cea3f0c166ad2413b2615a07d-daqfwa9.png

+ christmas gift for someone on dA

http://pre13.deviantart.net/b5b0/th/pre/f/2016/346/0/9/090f07f2a0c77928f80512cd34dd29e0-darfa7l.png

hoping to get more finished pieces out this month

edited to make it smaller b/c second pic stretched the page

Edited by Dew

hey all, looking for some ideas of quick sketches to do, if anyone has a request please let me know. doesn't have to be dragons.

A little turtle in a teacup! (or another cute animal of your choice)

Also, it is so cool to watch you evolve and get better and better every year, very inspring smile.gif

On 3/10/2017 at 1:52 PM, ewi said:

Also, it is so cool to watch you evolve and get better and better every year, very inspring smile.gif

I'm late, but -- thank you so much, this is an incredible thing to here. I hope I can continue to improve as the years go on. 😊

I'm sorry I haven't gotten to either of those requests, I've been busy, and uh, mostly lazy.

As college applications near and I become increasingly in need of something for a portfolio, I'm trying to practice more regularly and hone my ability in different techniques and anatomy. I'm just practicing right now, and will be taking a portfolio class this year to put some stuff together. Art Fight has been one good source of motivation. I only started halfway through the month, but am trying to push out one finished piece a day until the end of July. After that, my goal is to finish 1 bigger thing every week (and possibly upload daily 50x50 sprites, if I can manage it). During that time I'll be trying to learn more about digital and traditional painting, since I've been focused mainly on spritework for now.

So, if any of y'all have an Art Fight account and want something drawn, I will try my best. I'm on Sun, so I'll just be doing characters from Moon for the time being. Will be avoiding humans.

Busy days when I might not finish anything for AF: Mondays, Wednesdays, and July 20-24. I will try to get stuff done then, but no promises. 🙂

I realized I never posted any of the stuff I did so far for AF but here is some of it. Rest is on my dA.

Art Fight: Ibex by VultureInTraining

Art Fight: Skelatrop by VultureInTraining

Art Fight: Shrin by VultureInTraining

On 12. 12. 2016. at 5:27 AM, Dew said:

+ christmas gift for someone on dA

user posted image

hoping to get more finished pieces out this month

edited to make it smaller b/c second pic stretched the page

what is this i love it!!! its drawn so good!!

hello! it's been a long time. I realize it's rather late in the month, but Art Fight is going until August 7th this year and I'm looking for more characters to draw, so if anyone has OCs (especially dragon OCs) they want drawn, let me know!

my Art Fight is https://artfight.net/~onlyWitness -- I'm Team Dream this year ☁️