TJ09

2012-02-07 - Valentine's Day Preview

I'd love for the new dragons to be those little chocolate pygmies from the 'Chocolate and Cheese' Christmas story. Probably not going to happen, but it would be cute. <3

When I wrote that story, it was merely a parody. There wasn't any intention for their to be a dragon release to go along with it~

Managed to catch a Rosebud and 09 for myself, one a 2nd gen and the other a 3rd gen, rather proud of myself for that ^^ The Sweetlings seem to be avoiding me though :/ Just need that one then i have one of each.

Breeding was a success on my side! I got 4 and 1 egg clutches from my 09's, 3 and 2 eggs from my 10's, and 1 and 3 eggs from my 11's. I also tried out a new pair with rosebud x golden wyvern and it worked! Gifted one from each dragon, and the rest out to the AP. happy.gif

Breeding was a success on my side! I got 4 and 1 egg clutches from my 09's, 3 and 2 eggs from my 10's, and 1 and 3 eggs from my 11's. I also tried out a new pair with rosebud x golden wyvern and it worked! Gifted one from each dragon, and the rest out to the AP. happy.gif

Yes, thanks again, helix! I was just dropping in to report our vastly successful trading myself. laugh.gif I'm so happy, my first DC Valentine's Day and I'm all set with all the past dragons! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

gonna drop some second gen sweetlings now. :3

I was so lucky to catch a pretty 09 off the ap! now I have two of them. I only had one for years cause I always gave the offspring of that one away.

Two 09's and two rosebuds. Where are the sweetlings?

Got one 09 and two sweetlings happy.gif and it's my first Valentines day, and I started late! So far this has been a great day biggrin.gif

aits my first V-Day....

Where do i get event eggs?!?!? I NEED THEM!!!!

This year's eggs aren't out yet, but when they do come out go to any biome and you'll have to try and catch them. It can get tricky to compete though, since a TUN of members are all looking at the same page as you are. I learned that from this year's halloween.

To get past event eggs, go to the abandom page. You'll have to keep refreshing intill you see something happy.gif;; hope I helped.

The difference between the Halloween's eggs and the Valentine's Day's (or the Christmas's eggs for that matter) is that the there is no limit for the number of Halloween dragons you can have, but you are only limited to 2 of each type of the Valentine's Day (or Christmas's) dragons. This means once a player has 2 of a certain type, he can't collect anymore, which means you have a better chance of getting them from the AP (abandoned page).

"In addition, a one week event will begin at 0:00, ending at 0:00 on February 21."

OHHHHHH!!!!! Mysteries abound in the Cave!

I dropped some nice eggs in the AP yesterday. And I am typing this on my, I mean our, brand new laptop that my boyfriend bought so that I wouldn't miss out on the new dragons. I can wait to see what they look like. And find out what this event is.

So the event... think it'll be a story like Halloween, or a collection thing, or something else entirely?

I wonder what the likelihood is for past Valentine eggs that were caught in the AP on the 8th will hatch become adults before the breeding window ends. huh.gif

I wonder what the likelihood is for past Valentine eggs that were caught in the AP on the 8th will hatch become adults before the breeding window ends. huh.gif

Any that grow up won't be allowed by TJ to breed till after the event is over tongue.gif It's always coded that way.

So the event... think it'll be a story like Halloween, or a collection thing, or something else entirely?

Yes tongue.gif

Any that grow up won't be allowed by TJ to breed till after the event is over tongue.gif It's always coded that way.

That's how it is for Halloween and Christmas, but Valentines actually get to breed if they grow up before the window ends. That's why there are already adult 3rd gen Sweetlings around. Could be to "spread the love" a bit further or something along those lines.

Gosh, I keep grabbing the '09 dragons but I already have one with a super long lineage. Give me a stair/spiral or even gen. Need to find someone to gift this little one to so I can go hunting again.

I am happy that I got some rather pretty Rosebuds from the AP and was gifted a beautiful Sweetling. :3

That's how it is for Halloween and Christmas, but Valentines actually get to breed if they grow up before the window ends. That's why there are already adult 3rd gen Sweetlings around. Could be to "spread the love" a bit further or something along those lines.

Some mods have mentioned that TJ has fixed that because the V-days are supposed to be the same in breeding, so they won't be able to do that this year.

Let the madness begin.

Did I ever mention I hate Valentine's Day? I will be alone at home, perfect for hunting.

Dragon Cave is the only reason why I am looking forward to V-day biggrin.gif

I'm pulling this from the past, but I sooo agree with this tongue.gif

I'll have class though dry.gif