TJ09

2012-02-07 - Valentine's Day Preview

Bred my sweetling for someone on the IRC. http://dragcave.net/lineage/eWJha

I really like the pairing that they chose. Unfortunately, they only produced one egg. But it's really pretty so I hope more people choose this pairing.

I've seen a couple of people choose this pairing, would make a nice stair/even in my eyes.

I am now locked with 6 pink-colored holiday eggies xd.png Now to wait and see if anyone makes an offer on my trade tongue.gif

*Edit* @LugiaLover: That is an awesome pairing :3 I can see that being a really cool stairstep or spiral :3

Edited by FluffyPillow

Bred my Val '09 at around midnight earlier today (feels like yesterday at this point, lol).

Glad my rosebud's still on cooldown or I would've bred it right then and there too...and landed the poor girl in no eggs produced land. As it is, she can't breed until the 13th anyways huh.gif Yep, I'm one of those people...wasn't organized enough to plan out breeding ahead of time. So next thing I knew, Valentines breeding starts and my rosebud and sweetling can't breed until almost the end of the week.

But I'm so excited for the new V-day eggs! They're always so purty!!!

Edit - ah, thought it would be fun to count the total Vday eggs my dragons give. So far, 3 Val'09s laid and all sent to the AP.

Edited by daestarr

Okay - kind of scared right now:

Bred my Rosebuds to their Silver Tinsel partners to keep a lineage going - got a Rosebud from each pair.

Mastered to snag 2 Sweetling eggs, and 2 Valentine '09 eggs from the AP within a period of about 1 hour after I bred my Valentine Dragons.

Almost wondering if this means I'm going to have bad luck at getting this year's release

Aiyah, I haven't even thought of how I'm going to breed my Valentines dragons this year T_T

As for the new release, I'm hoping for something purple. Because purple is a perfectly legit Valentine's day color, and we've had too much pink. tongue.gif

I dunno, I don't usually read 'purple' as a Valentine's color. Unless it's a red-violet kind of purple. I'm usually thinking white/red/pink for Valentine's. :3

Not only did I manage to trade for a combo I liked, I got to choose the names of the parents too! biggrin.gif

EDIT: And I was just gifted another valentine. <3

Edited by Saloiq

Hmmmmm, a Valentine eastern or wyvern would look nice :3 Maybe in a color similar (though not the same color scheme) to that of the '09 dragon or something :3

A chocolate colored one would also be cool :3 Maybe with reddish-pink or light pink belly scales and/or mane and tail (if it's an eastern) :3

I'd love for the new dragons to be those little chocolate pygmies from the 'Chocolate and Cheese' Christmas story. Probably not going to happen, but it would be cute. <3

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

'09: 4 eggs and 4 eggs.

Sweetling: 3 and 1.

Citizen Kane: clutch of 3 and 3.

Not too bad considering. Still not as successful as Halloween breeding last year, but better than Christmas. Hope they all went to nice homes, and good luck to those still catching =)

I'd like a blood-red colored dragon for this year. Something opposite of bright and happy, but not so pessimistic and dark like the alt Sweetlings.

I'm also curious as to what the event is going to be smile.gif I'm wondering if it'll be a scavenger hunt of sorts, like on Easter, but instead of eggies you'd collect stuff like hearts, chocolate, Cupid's bow and arrows, etc. :3 That'd be neat if it were smile.gif

My Valentines are ready to go. I am hoping to receive a response from a friend who recently got into Dragon Cave so I can gift them some Valentine's. I am looking forward to snagging the brand new Valentine dragons and then have fun with this event.

Hmmmmm, a Valentine eastern or wyvern would look nice :3 Maybe in a color similar (though not the same color scheme) to that of the '09 dragon or something :3

A valentine's eastern would be awesome. If we got a red and white traditional eastern, it would do nothing short of rock my world. I agree with Sunrise on having to much pink for my taste, but a red-violet could be really nice.

I doubt it will be a chocolate theme. The sweetlings are supposed to represent the candy aspect of valentines, so chocolate sort of falls into that.

Maybe it will be a 'heart' dragon? Or a kissing dragon xd.png

/dusts hands off

valentines bred, eggies to the AP :3

My 2009s are 2nd gen so I simply kept what was established and went with a staircase for both. One is with purples and the other with daydreams. I couldn't resist doing a couple with Black Marrows. So, that was done with my sweetling and one rosebud. I paired my other Rosebud with my CB silver. Holidays are the only time my silver likes to make eggs. He's wretchedly picky.

And I see several are already incubated and getting views cool.gif

I just realised that the first post says there's going to be an event. How slow am I? xd.png I can't wait to see what it'll be though! Hmm... *tries to think*

Can't wait for both the event and new egg. In the mean time.. Time to catch some of the old eggs from the AP!

I am going to sound really stupid asking this, but...how do I know what time it is in dragon cave? There is no clock... unsure.gif

I am going to sound really stupid asking this, but...how do I know what time it is in dragon cave? There is no clock... unsure.gif

DC is on EST/EDT time.

There is also a clock here http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/

Bred and gifted one of my rosebuds (used a day dream I think they look good together).

-take all gifting/trading requests to the appropriate threads in the Trading section- Edited by rubyshoes