TJ09

2012-02-07 - Valentine's Day Preview

Just my opinion, ok? But WHY are people breeding their Valentines to such long messy lines?

Seems a huge waste to me, and makes the resulting egg less desirable in my opinion.

Not something I'd personally want to trade for next year. If I was hunting for eggs in the AP, and got one of those after all that trying, I'd be very disappointed.

Ah well. Again, just my own personal POV.

@Arlessiar, I think it is one hour... I remembering seeing that for the christmas dragons, so I'm assuming it's the same for valentines.

Thank you! smile.gif

One hour, not much. sad.gif

Just my opinion, ok? But WHY are people breeding their Valentines to such long messy lines?

Seems a huge waste to me, and makes the resulting egg less desirable in my opinion.

Not something I'd personally want to trade for next year. If I was hunting for eggs in the AP, and got one of those after all that trying, I'd be very disappointed.

Ah well. Again, just my own personal POV.

some people who just joined this year (me included) dont really care because they need to have that egg. i think anyway i mean i got a '09 with not that great of a lineage but i don care because im very lucky to get it. i can only imagine all those people who are banging their fits on the table every time they miss an egg

Does anyone knwo how long I can keep a Valentine egg in teleport when I already have the maximum of this breed on my own scroll? Normally the egg would auto-abandon after 30 minutes, but it's waiting to be claimed via teleport, but it seems the person who's supposed to receive it isn't online and can't claim it yet. sad.gif How long can I wait until it's too late?

It's actually 24 hours.

True. I understand that. But next year, when they try to breed for trade, they may have some trouble getting offers. People are going to want neat lines. They are not going to want to give a CB black, say, for a umpteenth messy gen Rosebud.

But, I'm not talking about those who GET the eggs, I'm talking about those are are breeding and gifting them to the AP. Seems kinda not very kind to breed to a long messy line, and then the people getting the egg have no choice.

I have all the dragons, and I traded most, but even the ones I gifted to the AP, I made sure they would be nice and "ooo, look what I got!!" kind of things.

Agan, just an observation of mine. Not meant as a put down or anything.

Edited by Riverwillows

I have a quick question. Can the alt sweetlings breed black alts or are those only for the players who lost sweetling eggs when they first came out?

I have a quick question. Can the alt sweetlings breed black alts or are those only for the players who lost sweetling eggs when they first came out?

Alt Sweetlings are coded only to the scrolls that lost their Sweetlings when they first came out. They're impossible to get otherwise. Even at the time, Sweetlings that hatched alt immediately became normal if they were traded off that scroll.

Can't wait to see the new valentines!! Male?

@Arlessiar, I think it is one hour... I remembering seeing that for the christmas dragons, so I'm assuming it's the same for valentines.

Actually, once they are in a Teleport link, holiday eggs can stay on your scroll for 24 hours. smile.gif

Eggs bred while at the limit will be given a 30 minute grace period before being automatically abandoned.

This grace period is increased to one day for eggs being traded.

More info can be found here: http://dragcave.net/help/limits

Alt Sweetlings are coded only to the scrolls that lost their Sweetlings when they first came out. They're impossible to get otherwise. Even at the time, Sweetlings that hatched alt immediately became normal if they were traded off that scroll.

oh ok thank you. smile.gif I thought thats how it was but i have a dragon with a 2nd gen alt in the linage and was curious. http://dragcave.net/lineage/diTD7

It's actually 24 hours.

That's right. For more info, just go here:-

http://dragcave.net/help/limits

If you are at the limit for a breed of dragon, you will not be able to grab any eggs of that breed from the cave or abandoned page. Eggs bred while at the limit will be given a 30 minute grace period before being automatically abandoned. This grace period is increased to one day for eggs being traded.

Thanks for all the answers I got! smile.gif

So it's 24 hrs for a teleport of limited eggs. That's good, I can wait until someone I sent a pm sees the message and claims the egg then.

ETA LOL, I actually did look at the help page, but under "teleport", not under "limits" xd.png

Edited by Arlessiar

True. I understand that. But next year, when they try to breed for trade, they may have some trouble getting offers. People are going to want neat lines. They are not going to want to give a CB black, say, for a umpteenth messy gen Rosebud.

But, I'm not talking about those who GET the eggs, I'm talking about those are are breeding and gifting them to the AP. Seems kinda not very kind to breed to a long messy line, and then the people getting the egg have no choice.

I have all the dragons, and I traded most, but even the ones I gifted to the AP, I made sure they would be nice and "ooo, look what I got!!" kind of things.

Agan, just an observation of mine. Not meant as a put down or anything.

THANK YOU!! I was thinking this myself.

I can only have 4 eggs at at time, so I thought hey, one of each would be nice!! After hours of trying I finally got a Rosebud. When I checked the parents, it's HORRIBLE!! I wasn't asking for perfect, but geez, why couldn't it be a little nicer looking? I think the person who bred that egg was being a bit mean. I don't want to get rid of it and try again, because I might not get another, but I kinda feel cheated somehow. Not very nice.

sad.gif

>.> Some people like breeding to derpy things.

I bred my rosebud to a hellfire cause I know it was sort of a derpy pairing, a CB one, but nevertheless same principle applies. It's their dragon. They can breed it how they may.

Some players really don't care for lineages at all. So, even if they breed a messy Val and dropped them to the AP, they aren't being spiteful or mean on purpose. If you are a player who really wants pretty lineages, your best bet is via trading. This way, you can pick and choose the lineage. The AP is well, :

".... like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." smile.gif

I don't have the option to trade. I don't have enough of what people want.

Whatever. Still don't thinks it's very nice. If you give a gift, it should be a thoughtful one.

Anyway, I won't say anything more. Not much point.

Everyone is allowed to play as they wish. Maybe they don't care about lineages, maybe they just liked the dragon they were breeding with it, maybe they just wanted to spread the Valentine love, maybe it was even a misbreeding. Please respect their playstyle. If you don't want the egg, abandon it and keep hunting. :3

If someone is giving you a gift, that is thoughtful, isn't it? Beggers can't be choosers. ;3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Thanks for the update TJ! ^.^ Looks like imma be like an exhausted zombie in the morning after saying up all night hunting again!

Picked up a lovely 3rd gen Sweetling and a 3rd gen Rosebud. I picked up another Sweetling before but had a pretty heavy lineage (16th Gen+) so I bit the bullet and dropped it so I could try again, luckily it went in my favour.

Traded a '09 IOU for a Green Dino, and my other eggs will hatch in an hour.

Things are going pretty well.

Edited by Ashywolf

Yeah, but I would have loved to get your egg. It still was nice and small. Not the one I got.

Here, look:  http://dragcave.net/lineage/iHsBn

See what I mean? Horrible. sigh.

You can also hang around IRC tongue.gif Lots of people gift there.

~Please take trading and gifting to the correct threads~

I have seen a V-Day paired with a Frill and giving eggs? If this is workable, then I shall breed mine to my frills too, but if somebody can confirm this before I waste my breeds that would be appreciated.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

~Please take trading and gifting to the correct threads~

I have seen a V-Day paired with a Frill and giving eggs? If this is workable, then I shall breed mine to my frills too, but if somebody can confirm this before I waste my breeds that would be appreciated.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/6lYCI

I have an egg with a frill parent. smile.gif