Bazallan

Your motto?

I don't know if this counts as a motto, but whenever my friends are discouraged (especially academically) I like to tell the old joke: "You know what they call the guy who graduates last in his medical school class? Doctor."

Stolen from the Undertale fandom. "Always be kind."

I'm not very good at it, but I do my best, so I guess that's what counts. ^^

I have a few, depending on the situation.

(With a deadpan expression and monotone voice) "Joy." or "And there was much rejoicing."

"What the unholy (Insert curse of choice here)?"

"Sod's law. Or is it Murphy's?"

"The Dude abides."

from The Big Lebowski.

If you go with the flow, nothing can ruffle you. Life becomes much simpler. happy.gif

"I'm lying" - probably my favorite paradox too. I don't get many opportunities to use it in daily conversation though.

The sentence I use/think most often is some variation of "Unfortunately, I'm only human." Who needs mortal flesh when you can be a digital supermind?

i try to go by:

"It's easier to not do something than to do it." - when i am trying to break bad habits. it's not very helpful, i don't know why i say it so much.

and then another, which i can't phrase too well, since i read it from somewhere else and can't remember the better wording: "If you aren't allowed to be sad because other people have it worse, then by the same logic your own happiness is invalidated by people having it better." - when i heard it the first time, it helped me to stop invalidating my own problems because i didn't think they mattered compared to anyone else's. it helped me a lot.

My own personal motto is: "I hate hatred and won't tolerate intolerance."

Mine's probably " You won't know until you do, so you can either go after it and get to know, or leave it where it is and find it again later- ultimately, the choice is yours."

I have too many. Any of the following sentences are what I adhere to. It's more of an ideology, really. Here it is: It's okay to fail, but you can always try again tomorrow. It doesn't matter how many times a mistake is made, but what you do about it instead. Fail again, fail better. No one will remember you by the amount of times you've failed, but rather by the one time you succeed. You have failed and it's okay. You will fail again. But you have learned, so that's all that matters.

I don't think I have one, aha...

Maybe just 'go with the flow' or something like that?

"Experience is something you have just after you need it"

I sometimes get frustrated at the learning curve when doing something. I just wish we had a datajack like in The Matrix so the info could get uploaded :)

Be kind to everyone. 

I am seriously working on this one. Out of years of living in selfishness, it's about time I started to turn myself around towards the better. I've been trying to be a better person since last year.

One from my mom: "We can't control our feelings, just our actions."

My senior quote: “Normality is a paved road: it’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow.” (Vincent Van Gogh)