Bazallan

Your motto?

DILLIGAFF?

and

IDGAFF!

Not very professional and not very appropriate to put on inspirational posters, but they've worked for me in raising my self-esteem and getting me out of depression so, eh. ;)

This might not technically be a motto, but i say it all the time (as a joke) "I'm bisexual, so i speak for both parties, and that makes me right."

I came up with this one myself a few years ago:

"Never stop dreaming. Our dreams are what keep us alive."

While my favorite author taught me this through his books 17 years ago:

"As long as you know who you are, does it really matter what other people think about you?"

No Mourners, No Funerals. 

If there is no one to mourn, no harm can befall you. Another way of saying live life to the fullest.

Or in desperate times.

Good Luck.

"One step at a time." 

"Breathe."

"The only constant in life is change."

When dealing with a situation, "plan and prepare for the worst, (but be happy if it works out better)"...

I've recently started telling myself to "adapt and overcome". It's like a way to remind myself that some things can't be changed but that's okay; I'll find a way to deal with them eventually.

"Expect the worst (hope for the best)" - simply 'cause then I can have the pleasure of either being happily surpised when things work out better than I'd hoped for or the satisfaction of getting to say "I told you so" (I can be petty like that :P).

My favorite is probably "To live is to conquer."

Here it is in Gaelic. The Latin is Vivere sat vincere, but let's be honest, it sounds better in the former.

Another motto that I raised my kids on was "Don't knock it if you haven't tried it"  mainly referring to food like Brussels Sprouts or???

"I'll cross that bridge when I get to it" is one of the things I've learned to repeat to myself as I've always been prone to worrying about even the unlikeliest bad outcomes. Ideally, if I do end up having to deal with a bad outcome, I'll worry about it then when I actually have better knowledge of what exactly the situation is and not months in advance.

Another one that comes to mind is "The only thing I know is that I know nothing", which has stuck with me ever since I first heard it in philosophy class years ago. I feel that it's good for me to acknowledge my own ignorance from time to time to try and avoid becoming arrogant in certain situations. Arrogance has the tendency to blow up in one's face after all.

"You will always win if you believe in the heart of the cards!"

Lol no, that's not my motto xD

Real Motto: "You will never truly understand life if you never love Mother Nature"

I don't know about a whole-life motto right now, though it's good to think about.

In hard times, I tell myself 'Time keeps moving'. 

I suppose the traditional version is a bit more eloquent: 'This too shall pass.'