Bazallan

Your motto?

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." (James Dean)

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." (Kurt Cobain)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." (Eleanor Roosevelt)

and for sure:

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

"Work hard, but not too hard."

You should have ambitions/goals, and work towards achieving them. You should literally work a job so you can provide for yourself. But don't overdo it - stop and smell the roses once in a while. Don't stress too much - enjoy yourself, you're only alive for so long.

I have a lot of them, but here are the Top 3:

"I have a life, but it's made of blocks. And a Endy Dragon."

"Be yourself, Dream Big and Stay Strong."

"Meow, Mine, Click and Read. Repeat as neccecary."

"Birds of a feather flock together."

I love my crazy, awesome friends who are just as nuts as I am!

“Au milieu de l'hiver, j'ai découvert en moi un invincible été.”

(...In the midst of winter, I discovered in me an invincible summer.)

At some point in life the world's beauty becomes enough. You don't need to photograph, paint or even remember it. It is enough. No record of it needs to be kept and you don't need someone to share it with or tell it to. When that happens — that letting go — you let go because you can.. -Toni Morrison

I have two that I'm always saying basically saying the same thing -

The first is from a song

"There's not much you can do about it now"

and the other is one I use as frequently

"It is what it is"

My motto is pretty much "live without regrets".

I also say "It's lit" at least 40 times a day.

I have several:

1.) Fight hard for what you want.

2.) Always do a bit better than the last time. Keep trying, true failure exists only when you've decided to give up. I particularly love this phrase by Confucius: "It does not matter how slow you go so as long as you do not stop." Or this one, by Martin Luther King, which is actually very similar: “If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”

3.) You don't need anyone who doesn't need you.

4.) You know who's going to give you everything every single time? None other than yourself.

5.) Every failure can become a small victory if one is capable of learning from whatever it was that made them fall.

Edited by andromedae

"It's okay to try again, no matter how many times."

Edited by Raff

When I'm surprised I usually go with "No flipping way" or "Are you Serious?!" I use the second one more often though.

I also use the word awesome too much.

And thanks to Big Bang Theory I have made a habit of saying "Holy crap on a cracker"

Not a motto exactly, but "might/may as well" is usually my motivator to go a little further, to do that little extra, try a little harder.

"Reality is a nice place to visit but I would never want to live there."

It's actually a lyric in a song (took me forever to find the source of it, I've known it for so long), but I like it even by itself. It's so true for me because I hardly ever pay attention to what I'm doing and live in my mental story ideas. I usually end up walking into things/not hearing stuff/forgetting what I'm doing cause I'm too busy imagining. xd.png

Well, the motto/opinion that I live by is simple: You can't please everyone.

It's true, too, no matter what you do. There's always one person who's going to complain about it! Best thing to do in my opinion is just go with the flow and stick with the people who accept you. ^^

"Even when things are great... they still suck!"

You can ALWAYS have a better time.

"Love yourself first." - I'm planning to get it tattooed at some point.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everyone's gonna die. Come watch TV."

From Rick & Morty. Other than it being a great show, this quote in particular holds a sort of unyielding truth that helps ground me. It captures a feeling we've all had but can't describe, and instead of offering advice, you're left with no satisfying conclusion; because there isn't one.

"dyingdyingdyingdeathdeathhelpbarfbarfbarfnobodycanstopthepaincanyoupleasestopthepain" - the famous boot leg

jk umm

"The world would be less violent if we all used hula hoops."

it's from mikey way lol

Edited by petewentztheemogod

I mod a Discord server, and whenever it gets too quiet, I'm known for randomly posting the same three words every time...

"I'm a rat."

or the rare variant

"I'm a Skaven."