ticonderoga2

Journals/Diaries

This academic year's diary is a glossy version of this:

user posted image

I used to keep one. Was my only way of venting. That was, of course, until my parents found it and got offended that I'd written about them and their abuse. Wasn't allowed to even have a notebook after that.

That almost reminds me of a book I read once awhile back. It was so sad...

I had something similar to this happen to me once. When I was around 10 or 11 my grandmother came and stayed with me and my family for a while and I thought I'd be smart and write in a notebook rather then my actual diary, I didn't think that my grandmother would go through it but she did. When we moved back to where we are now things turned really bad as stuff I had written came up and was thrown out into the open. By that time I was 13.

No one even dares to touch my books anymore, not even the notebooks I write my fanfiction in. I see someone go for them and I don't care who it is they either get slapped or an ear full. But most people understand why I'm that way about my notebooks and such.

Edited by wintermoon

I've kept a diary since about 4th grade (I am now 20). I don't write in mine nearly as often anymore, since I tend to write a LOT and there's just so much going on all the time. I try to keep up though. I just talk about what's happened since the last time I wrote, rant about politics, and talk about books/games/etc I've been enjoying lately.

Tried it and was scared my mom would try and read it or something, so I got rid of it. I don't trust anything I put on paper, derp.

I don't have a diary everything I think about is in my head and I review the day at night before I sleep by thinking. :]

I have a mini-journal right now, but don't really use it unless I'm writing down song names.

I used to keep a diary in, like, 1st grade... I never really wrote anything in it consistently xP Journals, yes, I've kept lots of journals where I jot down random stories and writing ideas and such. I also have journals with my friends. (:

I write in a diary

my brother laughed at me

I write in diaries because I don't want to forget as memories as important smile.gif

I did it as a teenager and it was super fun for me at first, but I kept on forgetting and forgetting about it, so eventually I gave up on it. I found better things to do than to write something down every single day. smile.gif

I keep a diary so I don't have to be an angsty adolescent 24/7

I prefer to spend my time being a SARDONIC LOUDMOUTH

>:0

I've written out my anger in journals more than once. But I don't keep a diary per se -- I don't make daily entries -- but I carry a notebook with me in which I jot down my thoughts and ideas (and sometimes use as a dream journal).

Kinda wished I kept a more complete one when I was younger. It's fascinating to see old work and old thought processes.

I've tried keeping them before but I just end up forgetting they exist.

I really should try keeping a dream journal though.

I posted in this thread almost three years ago. I'd only written in my diary two or three times since then. However, now that I live alone, I realized that there's nothing wrong with leaving my diary on my kitchen table, so long as I put it away before I get company, of course, and I've been remembering to write in it now. I don't do it daily, necessarily, because most days nothing much happens, but at least I've been keeping up with it for a good two or so weeks now.

I started writing a diary/journal again, documenting stuff like emotions, well being and sleep patterns. I woke up five times last night, was pretty surprising to me as I often only recall waking up two or three times. It's any wonder I can stay in bed for up to thirteen hours at a time. I've been keeping progress on emotional changes and stuff which will probably be helpful for when I see a therapist. It's so much easier using a word document to write it all down, mistakes can be fixed easily and nobody else can see it as I'm the only one who uses my PC.

Other than that I used to write angry/depressed thoughts into a word document and then delete it. Helped so much to decompress, but didn't do much for the whole internalising all my problems thing. Sometimes by the time I finished writing I'd run out of steam and then be a whole lot calmer or less down on myself. Other times, not so much, but sleep usually solved that. xd.png

I'm too open for a diary. I prefer a blog instead, because people can see what I write and offer input.

I kind of want to start a journal to keep my thoughts in, so that way I can yell at something without spilling my secrets. Thing is, if I keep a journal family members will decide "Let's read this so I can get all in her personal life!" THAT would be a problem, because I don't like to share things like that, because if I share it then it will lead to a whole chain of events that I would rather not go through again. BUUUT I am starting a dream journal! I've heard it is supposed to help you lucid dream. That and I like to remember my dreams...I've had some pretty weird ones in the past. I even remember some from kindergarten xd.png (I have no clue how though)

@kitsune93: You SHOULD start a dream journal! I cant wait to fill mine up actually...(I sound so dorky xd.png)

Edited by Doodle_Leetle_Trees

Even before I went to school, I already had a diary/journal. I went on trips with my grandparents and I drew about the trips in old planners. Those are currently in the safekeeping of my grandaunt. laugh.gif Over the years, my diaries/journals have been quite a variety: (1) I made literal drawings to describe my day; (2) I made symbolic drawings to describe events and emotions arising during my day; (3) I wrote titles, like show episode titles, to summarize my day; (4) I wrote descriptively; and (5) I listed details, such as time, place, event, and people. As of the present, I list details, add the best photo for each event of the day, and write a descriptive sentence or two. As of the present, I do #5. It is what I can do with my spare time and with the least effort.

The medium of my diaries/journals have been quite a variety too. I wrote on old school notebooks, on nice notebooks from my notebook collections, on word documents, on forums, on LiveJournal, on Blogger. Back when I was a teenager and online journals were uncommon, I had a journal in a forum. I was part of a forum where there was a subforum for user journals. How curious, now that I think of it. Since I was a university student, there were several times when I purged a LiveJournal account and start a new one, usually because I wanted to start anew after a somewhat life-changing event. Unfortunately, I did not have offline versions of those LiveJournal diaries so those several journals are lost forever.

Edited by Natevaelle

I sometimes wish I'd kept one. I've tried to several times in the past and realized my life was too boring even for me. So I lost interest, but then really great things would happen that I'd wished I'd gotten down in every detail.

I have a journal/diary (it's a black moleskine to match all the other previous ones), but it's more of a scrapbook honestly. I sketch in it, stick all my receipts and train tickets (I'm a hoarder) into it, and scrawl in diary entries sometimes.

Always end up going through my journals super fast.

I've had..multiple..

theres about 2 boxes in my house that are just full of old notebooks.

some are diaries, some are just full of quotes, song lyrics, and random sucky drawings xd.png

I keep a blog that is set on private where I compose my thoughts.

I like how easy it is to reformat things and add pictures and all that stuff.

I used to keep a diary when I was younger.