ticonderoga2

Journals/Diaries

I tried to keep diary's, but it was hard to be active in them. I still write in them occasionally if something cool happens.

When I was little I used to keep a diary..now there just one extra thing piled into my cluttered closet.

I've never kept a day-to-day journal or diary, mostly because I have a very good, almost photographic memory, and I know that I'll remember the things that are most important to me. I also have a hard time doing any sort of reflection work or journalling on paper, as I often don't know how to express my thoughts and feelings in words, and I feel like the writing isn't accurate enough.

I do have a little moleskine journal/sketchbook, and I'll write poems or do sketches in there. I also sometimes write down interesting dreams.

I kept a journal/diary or whatever once. But I had it gone through during high school and that ruined any desire to put any personal thoughts down on paper again.

Of course, I do have a facebook, about as least confidential as you can get.

I just got done writing in mine actually ^^. I write mine in a secret code tho since my sister is nosey O.o. It's a language called Theban.

I've found writing in a journal helps with my memory. Also, putting in things I am thankful for everyday helps me be more positive...especially on days that I have to look very hard for things to be thankful for!

I require my journal to stay sane! I write on a nearly daily basis when I have time, which is getting to be less and less, lately. :/

lightningember: That is so neat! I used to be able to write and read fluently in a secret code that I memorized out of a Redwall book, years ago, but have since forgotten it. Nosy siblings. psh.

when i was little, i kept a diary, but even then i hardly wrote in it. i have entries in there yes, and even two present-day ones, but i don't write it in anymore.

i think a journal would be interesting, however despite me enjoying writing, i prefer to simply write stories on the computer and draw in my sketch book, so i wouldn't need a journal.

I've been keeping a real journal for a couple of months now. I'd tried to a few times before then, but was never able to commit. For two years I used my calendar to record small events of interest, and back in elementary school I used my math journal's margins to record stuff after completing the warm ups. I'm really glad I have a real one going now. It really helps me say what I want to when no one wants to hear me rant. tongue.gif I also really like now how I can write my speculations for The Legend of Korra, and be able to really say, "I so called that!" xd.png

I've tried writing using the pokemon unown as characters before for a code so no one else could read my journal, but it takes too long, and my fast handwriting is messy enough for people to not bother with it anyways. xd.png

Hmm, most of my stories/ etc. are actually in digital form so I'm not sure if that counts as a journal.

I do have a diary: I update...once a year, on New Years'. Kind of silly, but then I like taking perspective of the whole year. I'm not sure if this even counts as updating.

I used to have a diary, or multiple ones, but everytime I'd start one, I'll either forget about it or lose it. Derp!

I have an events diary, a dream diary and a journal. I did write in them quite a lot, until things in my life got a lot more compliated. I do still use my events diary (as I can't remember a thing), but my dreams have gotten a little too gruesom (from my teddy turning evil to my boyfriend being masacred...big difference...) and I havnt wrote in my journal since Feb as became all depressed after I got grounded and couldn't see my boyfriend for a month...

And I'm also sick of these hippo thingies every time I miss the space in a lot : alot.png.

Edited by fizzyfox

I think journals are really good for depressed people who need to get their feelings out. I have a journal, and I wished I used it more.

I kept a diary when I was little. but my mom snooped in it. She found out which guys I liked... I was only in first grade, so she was all overreact-y.

I believe I put stickers over the names of the boys as if that would keep the secrecy. They were hearts stickers that were easily peeled off.

Sigh.

I've been thinking about keeping a journal again since I love to write. But... eh. I'm still paranoid about snoopers.

I don't keep real journals, but I am in the habit of typing up cool dreams/story ideas/etc in word documents and saving them.

Never really saw the interest in a diary. My brain is my diary. ;w;

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Tried couple of times. Stopped, mostly because I would always forget about them. The one that lasted longest was written to keep in touch with my friend. The basic idea was that we would write everything down during the time when we were apart and then just switch diaries and read everything.

Nowadays I have one of those big, spiral notebooks where I write short stories and draw when inspiration hits me. I just find it more personal then a word doc.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

I used to keep diaries and journals for writing, but I had nothing interesting to say. Now, I keep a drawing journal. I draw one picture each day and write the date next to it. I find that people don't snoopy as much if there are only pictures in my journal.

Oh, journals/diaries. I have to finish my first one, still. It's just I don't have a habit of writing in it. I'm not sure what kind of things I write in it, like top secret or anything. I think I just write down things that seem like an important point, or a milestone in my life or something.

Used to have a journal, now I just write on whatever bit of paper I can find. Typically used journals for writing random stories anyway, nothing really important. The last time I kept a diary was when I was a kid (like, 11?), would apologise to it for not writing in the book for a few days. It was more of a fad thing than me wanting to write in a notebook to write down my 'thoughts'. If I had one now, pages wouldn't last long from being torn out (whether for shopping lists or because I wanted to scrap that page). xd.png

I keep a diary and it's actually really fun! I don't write in it everyday, just sometimes. I enjoy reflecting on my thoughts and ideas.

I used to keep a journal when I was younger, but now I don't. I can't seem to get myself to write in a journal, since I would probably get tired of it after awhile, and abandon it. There's not much to write about.

I keep a journal/diary/notebook thing. I kind of just scribble in it whenever I feel like writing something down or drawing messy pictures. (:

I don't have any set book as a diary or journal, just use the leftover notebooks from school to write or draw in. Usually I use these notebooks to write rough drafts or outlines of stories I think up. I have a USB of my writings to keep records, and because it's easier to edit on the computer.

Had a journal. Wrist started hurting. Abandoned it. Made a folder on my laptop. Put thoughts there.

For all you hackers out there, you won't be finding the name of the folder anytime soon. Muahahaha

So back on topic, I make sort of a diary/journal with pictures, audio recordings, and writing. I've been using it a lot lately because I've been kinda sad.

I actually have a variety of journals. I have quite a few from over the years that I've written my thoughts into and how I feel about life and such, yeah I diary basically I suppose. Then I have a tiny one I keep locked away that has letters to a certain person in it that they may never get to read. But I'm always buying a new one and filling it up. I tend to write a lot at a time.