ticonderoga2

Journals/Diaries

I used to keep diaries when I was little. I don't so much anymore though, I just never have time to write in them. I still keep a dream journal though. I like to collect journals with cool covers, but then I never want to write in them because I think I'll ruin them. tongue.gif

I keep a diary/journal thing. I'm not sure what the difference is. I write down my thoughts, what happened during the day, my dreams, feelings, everything. So I guess it's just an all-in-one thing.

Does a dream diary count? Not that it matters though, I don't even have one of those. I should be keeping one with dreams and related stuff, but I don't. Other than that I have no intention of writing about my days.

I've tried keeping diaries several times before in my life but I realized that I am very bad at consistently writing in diaries and I really don't have much to talk about anyway. :'D

I generally just end up using them to doodle and practice writing stories~.

I have a diary, I used to write in it everyday but now I just write in it when something big has happened in my life. However, my diary is very boring, I don't write about my feelings or anything (I'm bad at that) I basically just write everything I've done.

I do also have a day-by-day diary, but that's more in the sense of recording when my shifts are, what work commitments I have, etc.

I've tried to keep one lots of times, but can never keep up with it. I love writing, just not about my day.

I like to collect journals with cool covers, but then I never want to write in them because I think I'll ruin them. tongue.gif

This. I got an amazing journal for Christmas, and I'm never writing in it. xd.png

I used to keep a journal in a spiral notebook when I was a sophomore in high school. But writing in it took up suck a chunk of my time, I switched to typing in Word documents on the computer. Much faster. biggrin.gif

But I stopped my junior year, then went to just writing in a blog my senior year. I still write in that fairly often. The only people I know look at it are my friend and ex-friend. And then I keep a Word doc. on my computer for ranting. I'll never, ever let anyone's eyes fall on that one.

This. I got an amazing journal for Christmas, and I'm never writing in it. xd.png

Same.... I draw in journals, not write.

Same.... I draw in journals, not write.

^This. I can't get lined journals because most of the times I try writing stuff down, I end up doodling instead. So I always look for ones with blank pages.

I keep a journal. It can be time-consuming sometimes but I like to write and find it fun and helpful. I mainly record what happens during my day and my thoughts. I rarely have dreams I remember.

I've tried keeping diaries several times before in my life but I realized that I am very bad at consistently writing in diaries and I really don't have much to talk about anyway. :'D

^ So true.

I absolutely love journals. I have a thing for books, pens, and such things. Journals most of all though. I have so many of them, but always want more xd.png It tends to take quite some time before I start using them, as I want to make sure that I have a worthy purpose for them. I can't just take a gorgeous journal to make shopping list in or something like that - it must be something really worth writing in a beautiful journal. I've gotten better though. Before I had trouble using them at all, but now I do, it just takes some time before I decide on what to use them for tongue.gif

Currently, I do have a normal "diary diary", but I don't write in it regularly. Sometimes I suddenly feel like writing things down, to help get it out of my system, but it can easily be months between every time I do that. I also have one for sketching, one for movies (I paste in movie tickets, and write a few words about what I thought of the movie), one for nice things such as poems and quotes, and I have just decided to use one as a dream diary, after reading in this thread. I tend to have a lot of weird dreams, so it could be pretty amusing to write them down tongue.gif

Basically this. End result is I usually only write in one when something really cool or really irritating happens. Usually when I want to go on and on about something and no one wants to hear me go on and on about it, so I write it down just to get it out of my system.

Yes I keep a Journal which is always with me.

Day to day appointments etc just go in the BlackBerry calendar.

I might not have perfect writing skills when it comes to a journal/diary care not for it is a means that only meant to be ready by my eyes alone and reflect back on past recorded entries. I'd like to start again on one outside of that is kept for mission trips, but I'd need to keep a lock. Or maybe I should consider buying a flash drive and simply put future entries on that.

Other than the school issued one I use to keep track of all my work I don't use any sort of diary/journal.

I am very bad at portraying my thoughts in writing. I used to try and keep one when I was younger though biggrin.gif Ah the great memories.....