UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Moona looked up." Tyra?" she said. She knocked one of the jars over."Noo!" a scientist hissed picking up the other jar."My tears? Grr." She said. She stepped away." I wish I was a pygmy. Than I could go with you." Moona said." when will you go?" she said eyeing Tyra.

((I did? D: Oh, sorry! What did I do? Whatever I did, I didn't realize it! sad.gif ))

"Y-yes...yes, it's me," Tyra replied, wincing a bit as she sat up. However, she noticed the pain wasn't nearly as intense as when she had fallen asleep. She pondered this thought for a few minutes, then turned her attention to finding out where Ocius was. Finally, she spotted his cage and moved as close as she could towards him. "Are you two alright?" she asked, quite concerned.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

((It's alright, it was just a small edit i had to do.))

Ocius heard something fall over and then heard the scientists get mad. "I plan on doing it the next chance I get." He thought about how they sometimes came in, like they did the day before. He knew he would have to wait until they screwed up like that again. "Although I'm not sure how long that will be." Upon hearing Tyra's response he was a bit happy, glad that she was there. "I'm fine now. But are you alright?" He asked, wanting to know how she was, considering he could not see much out side of his cell.

"D-don't worry about me," Tyra told Ocius, trying to catch a glimpse of him. However, their cells were fairly far apart and she could get a clear vision of the pygmy. "Is Moona alright? I...I heard her crying," she asked anxiously.

"They cut her claws so short they were bleeding." Ocius said, with a hint of anger in his voice. He quickly calmed himself though, knowing that if he got mad he may do something stupid. "They also seemed to have been collecting her tears in a container, but she knocked that over by accident."

((nevermind -.- ~will make smaller posts~ sorry >.<''))

-Isthalas slowly regained her awareness feeling that the heavy black curtain was being lifted slowly. Somehow the affects of whatever had been in the liquid had worn off quickly since she was still developing and becoming used to her new vampire body. Before her eyes opened, sound filtered in from the distance. At first, she couldn't decipher all that was being said, but soon she was able to recognize the dragon language and this made her eyes flutter open. Pushing herself to her feet, she lifted her heavy body and stood, moving forward one step at a time until she could peer out from her 'cage', as she heard a fleshy creature call it once. Somewhere near here there were three hatchlings talking amongst themselves, Isthalas wanted to say something but all that came out was a shy squeak. Could she do this?-

Edited by Chasilin

Tyra hissed angrily, hearing Ocius explain how the two leggeds had cut Moona's claws too short. She wished she could see her two friends up close. A timid squeak met her ears and she turned her head, trying to determine where the sound came from. Was it another hatchlings? Finally, she noticed a vampire hatchling, not too far away in another cage. "When did she get here?" Tyra wondered to herself. "Hey," she greeted the vampire calmly, "who are you?"

-Isthalas froze with her jaws parted and a word clinging to her tongue but no matter how she tried she could not shake out a sound. Irritated she squeezed her eyes shut and tensed her muscles as if bracing herself to be hit. -"H-hi...the fleshies call me Isthalas...uhm...I was in that big room with everyone before...but uhm....NICE TO MEET YOU!!" -she finnished in a panicked screech before recoiling into herself like she was slapped by the echo of her own voice and awaiting further lashings in the form of mocking laughter or even awkward silence. This was the first time she had ever spoken to a real hatchling before...it was so scary!!!! Yet, in some small way, very satisfying.-

Skye jumped nearly two feet off the floor when the Vampire hatchling yelled. She yelped in surprise, and dashed under her food bowls again. The little Daydream tended every muscle in her body, and crouched, shaking underneath the bowls.

((Lol, Skye hasn't said one word at all yet I just realized xd.png))

Vrael rolled over still asleep. The drug's affects had actually worn off long ago, but Vrael continued to sleep. Vrael chewed on one of the bar's as he slept and clawed at another with his hind leg's, whatever he was dreaming he must have been enjoying it.

"Gah!" Ryder instantly woke when the hatchling next to him jumped. He looked into the skywing's cage. "Hey? Whats wrong with you?" he asked eyeing the small dragon. On his other side, a small sickly looking thing had just hatched. He grumbled something as he spotted the loud vampire. He turned back to the skywing and grumbled something about his beauty sleep.

-Despite her rosy hue a blush took over her cheeks and she gasped aloud in realization.-"ahh..."-came a sigh of nervous apology.-"I'm sorry...I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell."-Isthalas felt like an earnest fool but despite her embarrassment she was still secretly happy with a fluttering heart and thrumming pulse which made her feel more and more alive. She liked having this chance to interact and somehow deep down her body recognized it was nightfall outside in the world and it gave her a little strength.- "Does anyone know...where we are?" -she asked, trying again at conversation.-

"....We truthfully don't know where we are.....we just know that the two leggeds that run this place are cruel and heartless...," Tyra replied sadly, curling her tail around her legs.

Peering over her shoulder, she noticed Vrael chewing on one of the bars, still asleep. She couldn't help but smile at his awkward position and even laugh softly. "At least he's having a good time..."

-Isthalas tried again- "So uhm...do you know all the hatchlings that are here?"-Her voice was growing more and more calm as she adjusted to the casualty of talking amongst fellow dragons. It felt amazing to be this relaxed, nothing frightened her more than returning to that dead, agonizing phase of rotting flesh and decay. A shiver attempted to creep it's way up her spine and chase away her current happiness but that happiness fought back ten fold. She was in far too good a mood for it to be spoiled too easily. She had 'spoken' too soon.

A scientist, the one whom had named her before, walked up to her cage and went about unlatching the lock that bound it. His gruff and slightly off-note voice sounded gruffly through the bars before they swung open and were plugged with his reaching arms. His hands were bound in a strange heavy fabric that was rough and callous as it grabbed at her defenseless body only brand new and recently developed. Why now of all times!-"You're coming with me pretty girl. Time to do some fun experiments!!! Heh Heh"- The fleshie went into a bout of coughing and wheezing but never let loos his grip on her as he carried her to a kennel cage and thrust her inside to be taken away. From the kennel she could clearly see all of the hatchlings and her eyes focused on them unblinkingly, wide with fear, until the moment that recognizable clicking of a closing door blocked them from view. What was going to happen to her? Where was she going? And why on earth did have to be when she was finally so happy?!-

((It's 4:04am here in France...I haven't slept yet xd.png I really need to go now~ bonne nuit everyone! See you in a bit ^-^))

Edited by Chasilin

Moonlight gave up, curling up in the middle of the cage. She looked at the screaming Guardian dragon, and sighed. "There there, it's ok. I'm sure we'll be ok..." Moonlight said, reaching out a paw. Anniena bit her paw, annoyed. "Ow! What was that for?" Moonlight asked, shivering. "Leave me alone!" Annie screamed, diving under her dishes. Moonlight frowned, feeling neglected. She sat near the back of her cage, crying softly.

Annie got out from under the dishes, and wandered around the cage. She then hid in the rest of her eggshell, wishing that her Mum and Da were living. She chirped, then crawled out. Annie went over to her food and water, taking a few bites and sips.

Edited by seacatsmew

Isthalas felt her energy being sapped from her body but it was nothing the scientists had done, her body was just shutting down. Outside of the lab the sun was rising and day was overtaking bight quickly. In the shelter of the walls the process of her 'hibernation' was going slowly but now it caught up with her.

When the scientist had taken her away in the kennel he had brought her to a white room and placed her on a table with many delicate looking tubes and glasses scattered here and there, some with strange looking liquids that sat stilled or boiled over a tickling flame. Isthalas was far to absorbed in her surroundings to notice that the scientist had shackled her arms and legs. When she attempted to move she found it to be a futile effort. Not long after that was when her strength began to leave her and her body lowered to rest on the cold counter top, her had nestled between her bound fore legs. She was so sleepy....so weak...Isthalas couldn't find the strength to even move her tail which was now laid out behind her limp and unmoving. Then her eyes felt heavy and they closed without much effort, closing off her view of the strange room. Then one by one her internal systems shut down, first it was her breathing, labored and shallow and then nothing at all. Then came her stomach and throat which seemed to collapse on themselves, her throat closed and allowed no air or moisture to escape it. After that everything else seemed to go at once, the very last thing was her brain which struggled for consciousness through it all but it could no longer hold out in the end. Once that was gone she was as good as dead, but only until nightfall came around again. In her undead slumber she might have dreamed of waiting for the night to blanket the world but, since she could not dream, all that was left was an empty shell.

The scientist was eager to get to testing on the finally immobile, vampire dragon. He would get in a lot of work from now until sun set, in a months time he would understand everything there was to know about this species and he was just happy he had a female as they seemed to be hard to come by. To be precise, of three vampire eggs bitten and obtained there's a 1/3 chance one is a female. What he didn't know was that there was also a chance that the hatchlings could escape before then. These scientist didn't realize just how stupid they were in comparison to these noble and intelligent beings, even if they were only hatchlings.-

Tyra let out a squeak of despair as a tall scientist roughly grabbed poor Isthalas and began carrying her away. She wanted to shout "Stop it! Stop it right now and leave her alone!!" but as she opened her mouth, another scientist nearby gave her a sharp look, silencing the ice hatchling immediately. Frightened by the angry glare, Tyra scurried as fast as her three good legs would carry her to the back corner of her cage. She hid under the ragged blanket she'd been given and trembled pitifully. She licked the paw of her injured front leg sadly. Her deep violet eyes gazed at the horrible, steel cages around her and her spirits sunk trememdously. What if they could never escape?

Just as she was musing over these thoughts, she spotted the royal blue and guardian hatchlings slip between the scientists' legs and scamper after the scientist that had taken Isthalas. They escaped the cages!, she thought to herself wildly and her depressed mood lifted somewhat. Maybe they did have a chance after all!

Edited by Tyra-Ice

((Edited.))

Annie gave up, sitting down. She soon fell asleep.

Moonlight started screeching as loud as possible, curling up. She started sniffing the ground, smelling a bug. Moonlight started clawing at the ground, trying to break the ground, but it was no use. She gave up and continued screeching.

Edited by seacatsmew

((A couple reminders, if I must. Please, at LEAST four sentences per post. And you gotta remember, these hatchlings are TIRED. They aren't gonna be running around and tackling their cage and whatnot. And, for my sake, SLOW. DOWN. Thanks! :3))

((I think that's a little too much, seacatsmew. According to Umbrewulf, who started the rp, the hatchlings are tired and wouldn't have the strength even if they weren't exhausted to break down doors. They're still helpless hatchlings afterall, they can't do much.))

"Ocius? Ocius, are you still there?" Tyra squeaked timidly, her eyes searching for the pygmy. She felt alone and quite frightened after the explosion of events that had just happened. Still trembling, she moved her head out from underneath the patched blanket. She winced, accidentally bumping her sore foreleg against the bars.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Annie, with Moonlight's help, broke down the door. "Isthalas! We've came to save you!" Moonlight shouted. Annie ran over to the table, using her tail as a shield. Moonlight jumped onto Annie's head, and tried to grab Isthalas. "Come on! We have to hurry!" Annie said, almost biting a scientist's finger off. "Hurry up!" Both of them squeaked, waiting for Isthalas.

Alarms went off, signaling some hatchlings have escaped. "Isthalas! We don't have much time!" There was a cry of pain, since a scientist just punched Annie's shield. Luckily, the language the two hatchlings were speaking were only known to dragons, the scientists didn't understand them.

((Take no offense but I'm going to pretend this didn't happen...It's not possible according to the RP Guidelines of this particular Roleplay))

Ah... -Was the first sign of Isthalas regaining consciousness. Soon, the sun would set and she would rise again but for now the process was slow and gradual, and beginning earlier than is natural due to her confinement.

"I've got three separate samples of blood, tissue and marrow. After running a few tests, I'll begin to unravel the mystery of your kind. I have to thank you little Isthalas, you'll fetch a pretty price once you finally grow up and...'leave the nest'"-The scientist laughed in that strange frightening laugh that made him seem a little out of his mind. Perhaps that's what greed and selfishness did to people.-

I need to wake up soon.... Body! Please move! -Istahalas still didn't know that her body was reacting to the sun rise, and soon the sun set, beyond these endless human walls. She didn't have to wait long to figure it out, the scientist seemed to like scaring her, with his observations and needless details of how he would use her body when she 'left the nest', whatever that meant.- I just need to move! I have to get away from this fleshy creature!-Her muscles flexed, reacting to her loud thoughts, but they wouldn't move again. It was enough though, she felt that there was something restraining her, holding her down, and the scientist spotted the single movement and went to fetch a needle. When he got what he needed he stuck the thin glistening end into a small container and pulled back the back end between two fingers. After pulling it free of the container he pushed the end a little and Isthalas watched as liquid shot out from the silver end. Flicking the needle the scientist grabbed an alcohol soaked cloth and dabbed it on her shoulder then placed the needle into her skin with an unnecessary force. It hurt but she could not even call out to express her pain. Now, her shoulder stung and her muscles surrounding the area throbbed as he injected something into her. Shortly after she lost consciousness again.-

Edited by Chasilin

After awhile longer, Skye crawled out from her hiding spot and laid down in the center of her cage. She looked around at the boring atmosphere, her tail lashing vack and forth. The tiny little Datdream glared at a couple of humans as they took some notes on her behavior. "It's not eating much," one of them said. "If it's hungry enough, it'll eat." said the other. Skye growled at the humans, but they seemed unfazed, and simply walked away.

Song slowly woke, hearing a voice quite near her. "This thing?" she asked, gesturing with her tail to the metal thing around her neck. "It's, uh.... Well, I don't actually know," she peeped tiredly with a tiny shrug. Song slowly got to her feet and padded over to the food holder, but was stopped abruptly as she neared it. She was surprised by the force and her legs collapsed from under her. Shaking herself, she got back up reluctantly and started walking towards her meal once again. Song was stopped once again. She strained and pulled, but the food came no closer. Why? she thought, her heart racing. Will I starve? She reached out with her paws, but the meat was just out of range. With a tired sigh she laid down and buried her face in her paws, trying to ignore the screaming of her empty stomach.

A scientist walked by and watched as the hatchling named 'Snowflake' tried to get to her food and fail. He just grunted and called out, "Who put the chain on the White?" "I did," came another voice from across the room. The first scientist growled a bit, obviously displeased with the other. "You made the chain too short. It can't reach the food. You really wanna kill the little beast before it grows up?" he said sternly. The other scrambled out of the room, grabbed a segment of chain, and returned. He whipped his key out of his pocket and unlocked the door. The hatchling inside the cage didn't even look up. With a shrug he attached the length of chain to the preexisting piece and closed the door once again. "You forgot to lock it!" the first scientist growled, dashing over to the cage and clicking the shiny lock shut.

Song awoke, her neck feeling even heavier. Her stomach cried out for food. It's worth one more shot, she thought, the aspect of food spurring her on. She backed up into the corner of her cage and ran jumping as she neared the area where she had stopped before. A metallic snap! echoed through the room as the added segment snapped, being poorly made and not attached well. She flew like a rocket and smashed into her cage bars and slid down, landing in her food bowl. Seeing this she ravenously devoured the chunks of meat and didn't stop until the bowl was clean. She next moved on to the water and slurped it all down just as quickly as the food. However, the chemicals kicked in and Song soon collapsed, unconscious from the rapid release of the large amount of chemical she had injested.

Scarlett woke much later, and hunger threatened to eat her from inside out. She dragged herself to the foood bowl and hungrily at at the food. A loud 'crack!' starled her. She turned to the cage at the end to see a hatchling fly across it's cage. The poor thing ended up practically in the food bowl, and then started to eat it's food quickly. She peaked into the cage, noticing the hatchling fall asleep. She drowsily blinked, her brain not fully relgestering what had happened and she asked, "You okay?" when no reply came she padded over the the cage wall and curled up in a corner, shivering from the cold. She started to huma tune and fell into a light sleep.

Soon, a scientist lifted her up. After walking around a bit. It placed her onto a table. She drowsily looked up and it screeched. "Ugh!" she growled after realising it was still tired. "You mangy beast! I thought you were sleeping!" then the scientist moved her to a table with straps and tied her down. She placed drops into her eyes which stung and burned, but the her eyesight instantly became clearer. The woman mumbled something and jotted something down. In a few moments, her eyesight went back to normal. At this point Scarlett was wide awake, and was strugling in the straps. She growled and kicked to no avail, there was no way out. Then the woman plucked one of her scales and slid it into her pocket.

"What do you think your doing?!" A man's voice called and the scientist whiped around. "I was uhm.... uh... taking this to the test room." she lyed thickley. "Hand it over!" the man said and with a sigh her golden scale was passed between people. "I better not see this again!" he called, slipping it into his pocket. The woman turned around and sighed, grumbling. She then pulled three more scales, placing them cautiously in her pocket. She was then returned to her cage and given more food, which she did not touch. Scarlett growled and hissed, energetic. She was thrown into the cage and her door was shut. The young gold snapped at the scientist, and she left with her tongue out. Some blood dripped from were her scales where removed and she bent down to lick it.

Moona looked into Ryders cage. "Hello." she said, sucking her claws. She licked some of her water and hissed at a nearby Scientist. The scientist shook his head. "We need to train these dragons." He said and was holding a file. inside were the following descriptions of breeds(I used them from DC xd.png)

Moonstone Dragons

Moonstone dragons are named after the orb on their tails, which resembles the gem of the same name. They are nocturnal and gather energy through the absorption of moonlight with their orbs. They seem to glow in with a lunar light and are a very gentle breed, feeding off of plants and the moon's power.

Nebula Dragons

Nebula dragons are nocturnal creatures. With the best eyesight to be found, they are often seen staring into space. Each dragon tends to observe a particular nebula and will eventually change their colors and patterns to match it. As the nebula changes over time, the dragon changes with it. The more intricate the design of the nebula, the better chance an individual has of attracting a mate. It is said that the markings on no two Nebula dragons will be exactly the same.

There was probably more, but Moona couldnt see them.