UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tyra inched closer and peered at Vrael's collar. She then looked down at the silver shackle on her ankle and scowled. "This place is evil....that's what it is..." she replied, a tinge of anger in her normally gentle voice.

Just the, a metal flap in the wall of Tyra's cage opened and one of the two legged's hands appeared with a small bowl of meat. It set it down by Tyra's water bowl then retracted back into the hole in the wall, the flap shutting and locking. The little female ice hatchling didn't trust the food. But she was so hungry...! She whimpered slightly, trying to make up her mind.

Vrael lay there jealous. How come the pink creature's didn't give him anything to eat? he wondered. He looked at her food hungrily, a bit of drool escaping him however it quickly froze over.

"Uh... Um... If your not going to eat it..." he paused, stretching his head out towards the food, taking in the scent, which only increased his own hunger.

Tyra took a deep breath and thought about it for a moment. "....what if we....share it?" she suggested timidly, looking back at Vrael. She was still worried that the meat may have been drugged but she hadn't eaten anything since she hatched and would more likely die of starvation. Besides, the drugs just made her sleepy anyway.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

((ok))

The moment she mentioned 'sharing', Vrael bolted up went over to the side of the cage closest to her's. "Sure biggrin.gif" he said hungrily. His tail swooshed from side to side as he eagerly awaited the food.

At the back of his mind, Vrael was still wondering why the creature's had neglected giving him his own food bowl.

Edited by TotallyDrow

((I have returned! lol))

Tyra couldn't help but chuckle a bit at his enthusiasm. She did feel bad for him, however, knowing that he probably hadn't eaten at all either. With pained movements, she managed to stand and limp over to her bowl. Using her snout, she nudged it inch by inch until it was over by the shared cage wall between them where Vrael could reach through the bars with his paw and nab pieces. She then divided it up into two equal halves as she lay down bside it. Hungrily, she began to gulp down her pieces, not concerned anymore about whether they were drugged or not.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

(tongue.gif)

Vrael stretched out his paw between the bars and clawed his half into his cage. "Th.. Thanks" he said, Vrael quickly got to work on his share quickly gorging down on the food in order to satisfy his hunger. If Vrael had been paying more attention at the time, he would have noticed that his vision was starting to get progressively blurry. A few seconds after finishing his portion, Vrael started to wobble slowly from side to side, "Why... Why am I so sleepy.. all of a sudden.." he yawned, before flopping over to his side

((Oh, sorry. I g2g again. This time, though, I won't be back until later today. So cya then!))

Tyra finished her meat chunks in no time, and finally her stomach had calmed down and become content. However, as she lay there, she began to feel groggy. Her eyelids slowly drooped and a yawn escaped her jaws. "I...I don't know.....maybe, it really was...drugged...," she replied sleepily, her head lowering down to the floor. Before she knew it, she had drifted peacefully into unconsciousness.

As soon as Tyra was asleep, a scientist walked out from around the corner and up to her cage. Puzzled, he scratched his head, seeing Vrael unconscious as well. Turning to the other scientists observing, he asked, "What happened? We only gave drugged food to the female."

Edited by Tyra-Ice

-Suddenly bored with staying in one place with no way to interact or communicate the young hatchling let it's consciousness fade away again, it's vision blurring and vanishing completely as it's mind receded into darkness. The darkness was nice, it was safe, it was all this dragon had to look forward to in times like this. It didn't want to be stared at, or pitied. It wanted to be normal...It wanted to move around and make friends if it could. For now, it's death like slumber was all it could do.

When it awoke again it was back within it's cage, it's back still arched unpleasantly and it's forearms and legs frozen in place as if held in the exact position of an exact moment of writhing in pain. Even if it was a still display of what it was feeling, the hatchling had grown numb to it's effects and so stared listlessly at the gray ceiling, the sounds of shuffling feet and nearby hatchlings it's only company.-

((Can't post as Vrael tongue.gif, posting as a the other scientist, ok tyra?)

"Uh well... uh" one of the intern's replied fumbling a pen between his hands. The intern was intimidated by the much more experienced scientist, that he was too afraid to give a straight answer. "The... Well... Um... they... they...the female hatchling shared her food with th.... tha... that other one..."

"What did you expect would happen?" a snobby scientist had overheard the intern and sauntered over to the cages. "If you ask me, the chances of this happening were 50/50. Either the two dragon's don't get along and act aggressively toward's one another or the opposite happens. As you can clearly see the latter must have occurred for them to have acted that way. This is why I always tell you guys to make sure the dragon being propped for research/examination is seperated from the other's!" the scientist readjusted her glasses and walked away. "What a bunch of amateur scientist's!"

The humans brought Annie back into her cage, putting food in it. Annie screeched more, making the humans cover their ears. "YOU KILLED MY PARENTS!!!" She screeched. "YOU MONSTERS!!!" Annie gave up, looking at the other hatchlings. She soon curled up in a corner, shielding herself with her shield.

Moonlight wandered around, then looked at Isthalas. She sat as close as she dared to get, then chirped. "Hi!" She said, tilting her head. "Any idea where we are?" She asked, completely ignoring Annie as she screeched.

Edited by seacatsmew

The humans brought Annie back into her cage, putting food in it. Annie screeched more, making the humans cover their ears. "YOU KILLED MY PARENTS!!!" She screeched. "YOU MONSTERS!!!" Annie gave up, looking at the other hatchlings. She soon curled up in a corner, shielding herself with her shield.

Moonlight wandered around, then looked at Isthalas. She sat as close as she dared to get, then chirped. "Hi!" She said, tilting her head. "Any idea where we are?" She asked, completely ignoring Annie as she screeched.

((Hun, Isthalas can't move or speak but that isn't the only issue...Isthalas is back in her cage love. I don't see how your character could get to it.))

Moona looked at Vrael and Tyra from the other side of the room. She looked at the bandaid."And this...?" she said ripping it off. Those were NOT meant for a dragon. As he took it off, she saw some blood. Angered, and scared, she backed off, and when a scientist pit there hand in, she would snap at it, angry that they gave her a shot after she did not approve. I didnt need that...thing that they did! What did it do anyway? Moona thought. They didn't take off the moonstone. She saw a tiny hole in the mddle of the dried blood. They did do something. But Moona dint want to think about it.

((I love that you're active, but could you two not do the back-and-forth thing? It leaves us other people in the dust really. Thanks! :3))

Bored and tired, Song walked up to the strange thing that held her enclosure shut. With a curious blink, she reached her paw towards the lock and poked it. It clanged as it collided eith one of the bars of her cage, making a metallic sound echo through her cage. Frightened, she jumped back. However, her curiousity got the better of her and she wandered back up to the lock. She tried licking it, but her tongue wouldn't reach. What does this thing do? she wondered, eying it with confusion. She saw one of the things mounted on the corner turn to stare at her. "What do you want?" she peeped, not sure what to think of the camera. She soon lost interest and continued to play with her lock.

"Hey, that hatchling is trying to pick the lock!" a scientist exclaimed. It ran into the nearest test room, grabbed a needle of tranquilizer, and brought it over to Song's cage. "You're not getting out of here," he growled, whipping out his key and jamming it into the lock angrily. He ripped open the door and grabbed the White hatchling. Finding a little chink in her scales, he inserted the needle into her skin and let the sedative do its work. The hatchling stopped squirming and lay still in his arm. "This one's a troublemaker," he growled to the other scientists. One of them ran off and soon came back with a chain with a small loop on one end. The scientist holding the sleeping Song hooked it to a loop in the top of her cage and clipped the other end around the hatchling's neck. He put Song back in the cage and slammed the metal door shut, clicking the lock back into place as it closed.

Song soon awoke, her neck feeling strangely heavy. "Huh?" she squeaked, looking back at the thing on her neck. It was connected to a long thing attached to the roof of her enclosure. And it was heavy! Song struggled to her feet and tried to shove the thing over her head and off, but it was snug and wouldn't move. Why did they do this to me? There's something wrong with this place, but what?

Moona watched as the humans put a collar around Song's neck."why's that?" she slowly rolled her cage over and over to get near Song's cage. Before she could ask anything, she felt dizzy. She slogged on the ground watching the world spin around her. She shook her head and focused on Song." what's that thing?" She asked Song. She saw the cages were tied up. She was one feet away from Song."What?!" she said staring at the rope. Moona hoped Song heard her.

Edited by girlfairy76

Skye woke a coupel hours later. Her joints were stiff and sore from the hard metal floor. Yawning and rubbing her eyes, she crawled out from underneath her bowls. Most of the hatchlings were back in their cages. The little Daydream looked around desperately for something to play with, but could find nothing.

((I HAVE JOINED!!!!!!!!))

Xalfer woke up inside of a moving box and was getting knocked around. "Where am I?" The bars opened and he walked out;only to walk into another cage, but bigger. The door slammed behind him, "Welcome to your new home." said a pink thing. There was a bowl of meat and water in one corner. Xalfer walked over to the bowl of water and drank some. Quickly, he started to feel drowsy and feel asleep.

((Sorry, it's just that whenever TotallyDrow is on, nobody else besides me is. I don't want him to feel left out, so I'm really not sure what else to do. sad.gif ))

The scientist rolled his eyes at the snob after he'd finished his outrage and stormed away. He turned back to the cages and exclaimed,"This is amazing! When have we ever had a chance to see two docile ice dragons interract so friendly to each other at their first meeting! Remarkable." He then unlocked Tyra's cage and pulled a syringe from his lab coat pocket as he knelt beside the unconscious female ice hatchling. He carefully filled the syringe with a liquid painkiller then inserted the needle delicately between two of Tyra's scales and administered it. "Why did no one tell me earlier that she was in so much pain? And why was the male not fed?!" he asked the other scientists irritately, "Do I need remind you that we need to keep them healthy so we can study their lifestyles and sell their horns and such for a better price?" Standing up, he tucked away the syringe and locked Tyra's cage once more.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

(( Oh, im usually on browsing the forum O_O))

Moona growled and swiped at the hole, because it was itching. Whenever she got near it, it hurt. She decided to leave it alone. A scientist came. "time for a Daily check-" She was saying, but then moona snapped at her hands. "Never mind, i'll get more experienced workers." She said walking away. and they were experienced. They picked up her cage, and dumped her out onto one of the tables in test Room C."Health, fine. Heart beat fine. Wings,fine. No injuries. Cut the claws!" A scientist ordered. The experinced workers picked her up, brought some metal thing, and cut her claws. Mona screeched in pain and watched as half of each claw fell on the floor. At the end, her claws were bloody from being so short. "I hate this place..!" She sobbed with tears. The Scientists put her back. They didnt even bother putting in Food or Water.What would she put her claws in to help them? She just curled up in a ball.

When Ocius was put back in his cage, he had noticed there was food. Quickly eating it, he had fallen asleep. He woke up slowly, and looked around his mesh cage. Looking around, he heard sobbing near by. "Hello?" He called out, unable to tell who it was.

Moona looked up."Oh, its you!" She said licking her short claws.How was that checking my health? She thought, dozing off. Than she focused again. "They cut my claws!" She said showing Ocius her bloody Claws. (I gtg bed i might be on itouch smile.gif )

-Finally! Finally!!! Oh finally the young hatchling could move! At first it was just a twitch of the tail but it didn't go unnoticed. One scientist glimpsed the small contraction and release of softening muscles and called for another of the scientists. Once they had gathered more and more of her muscles began to loosen up and one of the two scientists nearest her cage was studying a white rectangle which he clutched close to his chest with one arm and scratched on with another. She hadn't realized that she had turned her head and this is why she could see them. She blinked once, then once more, and again and again and she was so happy. As if slowly melting an invisible sheet of ice which had enveloped her for so long she began to fold over. Her chest rose and then fell as stale air swept into her legs and then rushed out in a single awkward breath. She was breathing! Her body began to feel gravity and slowly, oh so slowly, her body turned on it's side and then clumsily she tried to stand or, at the very least, get onto her belly properly. Was this what it was like when most eggs were first born? Was this freedom? She didn't care, she could feel a hollow life flooding her body and slowly rejuvenating it. Her pale ashen rotted body visibly began to change and become a bright pinkish hue. Horns pushed out from her skin a blood red color and wings like goo separated from her body only to solidify and glisten with similarly red webbing. Her tail elongated and then forked sharply making a small crimson 'T'. While this hurt, it was a good hurt. It was the hurt of life and not of death. Well, it was undeath to be technical but she wasn't about to go down that road, not when she felt so good. Next came the fangs. Her jaws parted on their own as she let out a noiseless cry as if retching on an empty stomach and then freezing in place. Her body shook with the effort as her fangs protruded from her top jaw and hung down like fine daggers. Utensils of death and a weapon she hoped never to have to use.

When the morphing stage had settled down a bit the scientists dispersed mumbling amongst themselves, one lingered a while more before leaving her to her thoughts. She hadn't realized it until now but she had a gender now. Her consciousness had never referred to herself as either or but now she was most definitely a female. She could feel it within her, her femininity, her true self beginning to emerge. Idly she wondered what she looked like, in the midst of the morph stage she had only been able to feel the change, she could not see it nor hope to put shape and color to her form but she was just happy to feel her own toes again. With that thought she happily smiled down at her toes and wiggled them gleefully, listening to the clicking of her talons on the metal. What a wonderful sound! Then, her joy was interrupted by a familiar clanging, it was whatever she had heard before but now she could see that it was a metal trinket which bound the swinging bars to her small living space. While the scientist outside it fumbled with a strange metallic stick a lighter, fainter click could be heard as his clumsy fingers twisted it to his right and took off the trinket. Instinctively she backed away but only by a few steps, she was not so eager to be afraid, she hadn't been given a reason to be, at least not yet. Watching the pink fleshing being set bowls in her confinement was amusing and entertaining. He seemed to be taking great care and a part of her wanted to help him but another part of her was still shy of the unknown that clouded everything about this creature. When it was done it twisted that same stick in that odd little clanking trinket and then loitered at her door, seemingly waiting for something. Bored of sitting, as she had done that for far too long, she calmly approached the new items and sniffed at them. With one whiff her eyes seemed to bulge and her teeth suddenly ached along with every cell in her body. What was this strange red liquid? Another whiff. Another surge of compulsion. One more step. Just then, another, and a sniff and that feeling again! Reaching the lip of the bowl it took but a moments hesitation before her instincts took over and she plunged her pretty pink muzzle into the liquid and sucked it down ravenously. She was done in just a minutes time and she stepped away, although more like staggered away, from the bowl and found she was panting heavily, her stained tongue lolling past her parted jaws, bobbing with the pace of her haggard breathing. What WAS that? It was....it was....-"...ssso....so goooood!" -she breathed in what sounded more like a breathless hiss of satisfaction. She only looked away when the scientist made a strange bouncing noise with his throat. Was he...was he laughing?

"Brilliant!"-chuckled the scientist witnessing the first meal of a female vampire, the very first they'd ever had so far it seemed and apparently the only one now.-"Absolutely magnificent, you are truly something to be awed."-She didn't like the way he looked at her but she was more bothered by the way she had been overtaken by that primal, core deep, DNA embedded urge to devour that liquid than by the look in his beady gleaming eyes. The scientist studied her with interest and tucked a knuckle under his chin pinching it with his thumb.-"You need a name don't you?"-The scientist took pride in his strange taste in vampire lore and thought hard about choosing something that sounded at least remotely vampire or otherworldly. Then, with an-"aha!"- he clapped his hands and tugged out a a white stick, longer than the metal one he had before and pulled off the blue end which revealed a point golden top laced with some kind of black liquid. Bringing it close to her door she lifted her head and peered down at his hands as they moved across a smaller white square that was attached to one of the bars. Unable to read it, she was glad for when he spoke it aloud, looking up into her eyes with a wicked and self satisfied smile- "Isthalas"- he seemed to purr the word and say it with an eerie foreboding tone but she dismissed his breathy words and turned away from him, listening as his steps disappeared followed by his trailing laughter. Isthalas she thought to herself and smiled inwardly.- "I like it"-was the last thing she said before a strange grogginess fell over her. She was not happy about what was happening, it was too unnatural, and that's saying something considering what she was. Unable to fight against it she simply submitted and fell into a dreamless sleep that was heavy and hard to lift.-

((Sorry that this one was so long x.x you don't have to read it...it's just I won't be able to reply for a while so I figured I'd fit what I could before I had to go))

Edited by Chasilin

Ocius was shocked. "Why would they cut your claws?" He frowned at the sight. "They had me biting on things yesterday... Some of which I did not even know what it was. My jaw was tired after that though." Ocius remembered the feeling of his jaw being sore. He hoped they were done with his teeth.

"I don't know but they're horrible creatures! It's probably for escaping purposes." Moona sobbed each tear glistened like the moon. Moona hadn't noticed the jars full of her tears under her." Moonstone tears are rare! It is said thts how Moonstones were made!" a scientist exclaimed and that's how they were there. " I wanna ge out and see my mom and dad!" She sobbed again.

Faintly, voices reached the young ice hatchling's ears as she lay on the ground, still in a layer of unconsciousness. But there it was again, familiar voices. Ocius? Moona? She groggily began to awake from her unconscious state. She felt a tiny pain in her side, like a pin prick as she sleepily lifted her head. Her vision was blurred but she could make out a few small forms a couple cages away. "O-Ocius?" she asked quietly, still very tired. Moona's pitiful sobbing reached her ears and her mood saddened, hearing the other hatchling in such distress.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Ocius walked to the wall of his cage, wishing he could get out. "I think that next time they come to take one of us in that big room, I can sneak onto one of them and look around a bit. They did not seem to really notice me if I'm careful." He knew it was risky, but if they were going to escape, they needed to know what the place looked like outside of what they saw from the cages and the short time between being taken to the test rooms. "Tyra is that you?" He called out, just trying to be sure.

((Tyra you ninja'd me D:))

Edited by Fenix3533