UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Skye struggled feebly as the human carried her out of the room. He slammed the door behind him, and tossed her carelessly into her cage. She lay there, crying softly at the abuse and torture she was forced to endure.

Ocius was still clinging to the arm of the human. He was quickly noticed and taken to one of the test chambers. In the chamber they forced him to bite on different things to see how hard his teeth were. After other experiments and tests were done, they put him back in his mesh cage. He sat there with his jaw feeling odd.

The scientist muttered a few things to himself as he checked the ice hatchling's pulse and made sure she was breathing. He then scooped Tyra up in his large hands.

Tyra's eyes gew wide as she felt herself being lifted off the ground but she could barely move without pain in her shoulder and back so she tried not to squirm though she was very frightened.

The scientist then exited the room. He brought Tyra into a small white room. From what she could see, there were strane instruments on a long counter and a white table in the middle of the room. She was laid down on the table then felt a tiny prick in between two of her scales. She squeaked feebly then everying went dark as she closed her eyes and drifted into sleep.

A few scientists tended to Tyra's injuries with salves, narcotics, and gauze. They then took her to her cell and laid the unconscious hatchling down on a thin, ragged blanket inside the cage before walking away. Tyra's cell was right next to Vrael's because the scientists thought that the two hatchlings would be more calm if their cages were next to each other since they were both ice dragons.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Vrael instinctively cowered towards the back of his cage, as a pink creature walked in. From what Vrael could tell, it was carrying another hatchling. He watched as the hatchling was deposited in the cage beside his.

There was something oddly familiar about this other hatchling. Curious Vrael slowly approached the other hatchling, his head hung low and his muscles tensed, he moved as if he were a cat stalking.

-Finally the dragon woke from it's deadened sleep only to find that it's egg was no where to be found and it's spine was curled uncomfortably against cold unforgiving ground that would not bend to it's meager weight. Still, the young vampire could not move and was unable to escape the overwhelming stench that filled it's confinement. It burned in it's lungs and stung it's unmoving and vulnerable eyes. Whatever those beings had done, the entire air around it was suffocating and somehow the spot it had been staring at before was shinier? It was confusing!

Before the dragon had a chance to try to sort through what was going on there was a loud clanging near by and the sound of shifting and clinking and then a click and a grating slide. In an obnoxious fashion the metal barred door swung open and gaping paws threatened the defenseless hatchling, looming over it with an intent to capture. And it did. Now in it's cumbersome grasp, the dragon could only watch the ceiling, bright and iridescent passing like blinking lights as it was carried away. Not too much latter a recognizable sound of opening could be heard, somewhere between then and the sound of the closing clicking, the dragon had been placed down on another cold surface. Where was it now? Then voices. Lot's of voices. Of dragons! Young dragons! The hatchling was greatly happy but not a single muscle on it's face moved, not a single lung gasped for air and no sound came from it's closed up and dehydrated throat. It was still dead. Still unmoving. It still hurt.

"Why did you put that dead thing in there?"-asked one of the scientists from within the monitoring room.

"Because as I've said before, this hatcling is not dead, not entirely. It was bitten by a vampire. I want to record how the other hatchlings react."-came the reply.

"Ah, that makes sense. Well have fun with that, I've got better things to do."-laughing the scientist left the other to his research."

"Alright...Isthalas, let's see how the others take to your kind..."

Currently, the young vampire was very, very afraid. Not of the other dragons, but of where it was, why it was put here without being able to interact. -Oh! They'll be repulsed by me! I'm even repulsed by my own self! It's reasonable...all I can do is watch as they all keep their distance until those beings take me away again to that cold confinement. Please let them take me away to that cold confinement! Anywhere but here! I don't want to see it....I don't want to see them all turn away...They won't know I'm alive...they'll think I'm a rotting corpse without knowing what happened to me....-This dragon, was not having as much fun from this experience as the spectating scientist was beyond the poorly painted walls. Not at all.-

Moona,drowsy, half opened her eyes and looked at the vampire hatchling. Bitten huh? she thought. She bashed the cell with half of her energy out. It didn't work. She was thirsty, and drank the water in the water bowl. She just lay there, like she was dead. It didn't take the scientists long and tested her again just to check if she was still alive.

"Ugh, my head.....w-where am I?" Tyra slowly lifted her head. Big mistake; an intense throbbing began pounding in her head and she whimpered pitifully at the headache. A dull, aching pain radiated all over her back, right shoulder, and down her right arm. However, she was a determined little creature and she managed to lay on her stomach with her head up.

Then like a flash, everything came back to her. She had climbed up the wall to look out the window. She remembered falling, seeing the ground rush towards her but was twisted in a way that she couldn't land on her feet. She shuddered and cringed, remembering that painful meeting with the cement.

A sudden soft noise of tiny claws on the floor distracted her from her thoughts and she turned to find the source of the sound. A pair of bright eyes peered at her from between the steel bars of the cage beside hers. Her own eyes widened slightly; it was that other hatchling who looked similar to her!

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Vrael studied the other hatchling, "why does she feel so familiar!?" he wondered. Having not seen his own reflection yet, Vrael was unaware of the fact that they were both the same species of dragon. His gaze fell upon the silver chain tied around her ankle, and he instinctively hissed at it, "That must have been what made the jingle sound!" he thought.

He slowly backed away never removing his gaze from that chain around her ankle.

Tyra couldn't seem to tear her gaze away from the other hatchling, until he hissed of course. She thought Vrael was hissing at her! Frightened, she squealed and tried to back away to the other side of the cage but cried out in pain and toppled over herself, landing roughly on the ground. She whimpered and looked down at her arm. The two leggeds had wrapped a white cloth around it. Why? What Tyra hadn't figured out yet was that she'd sprained her arm and shoulder in addition to bruising her back from the fall so the scientists had placed her right arm in a sling to help it heal. Once again, she managed to roll over so she was upright on her stomach.

She looked down at the silver band on her ankle and growled at it. She tried to pry it off with her teeth but it was just too sturdy and too tight to just slip off. Sighing in exasperation, she glanced briefly at Vrael.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Vrael watched as the other hatchling fell over itself and whimpered. It didn't take a genious to realise that she was injured. Vrael was caught off guard when she proceeded to bite at the silver band around her ankle, "does she hate it as well?" he wondered.

Vrael slowly regained his composure and inched closer towards the other hatchling, he approached her cautiosly incase this was all a ploy for her to attack him with that Jingly sound again, (the band jingling tongue.gif) Unaware to both hatchlings, the scientist's had taken notice of their encounter and were busily scribbling down notes on pieces of paper.

((Lol, the evil jingling noise. X3 ))

Tyra meekly managed to hobble over to the water bowl in her cell and drink some of the cool refreshment. It soothed her dry throat and calmed her nerves slightly. All the while, she kept a cautious eye on Vrael. When she had finished, she limped back to the patched, meager blanket and lay down on it. She studied the bars separating the two hatchlings' cages for a moment, then decided that they were too close together for Vrael to get through. With that thought, she slowly inched up towards the other ice hatchling on her stomach, too sore to try and get up again.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Vrael continued to watch from his safe spot. This silence was starting to tear away at Vrael's patience, he just had to know what the deal was with this hatchling and why out of all the other hatchling's he had seen, she felt the most familiar. "W..Who.." he coughed, he hadn't realised how dry his throat had become, "Who are you?!, Why do you seem so familiar, unlike the other's?" Vrael asked, he slowly started to lay down on his chest, never once removing his gaze.

The scientist's outside had now placed a camera outside. It was not everyday that they got to experience two hatchlings of the same species, hatched on the same day interact with one another, it was vital to their understanding of Ice Dragon behaviour's.

Tyra flinched slightly as the other hatchling suddenly began to speak, but soon resumed her calm nature. "My...my name's Tyra. Well, at least that's what I think it is... I-I don't remember much from being inside my egg..." she finally replied with an air of caution. She paused to ponder his other questions then lifted her head again. "...I...I'm not sure why I seem familiar," she continued, "Maybe...maybe it's because we look a lot alike?" She had seen her reflection earlier in one of the water bowls before seeing Vrael. After a few moments of silence, she decided to ask a question of her own. "...who..who are you?"

Tyra saw the scientists our of the corner of her eye and fidgeted nervously. What were they doing and why were they just staring at them?

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Her response startled him, "we look a lot alike..." those 5 words echoed through his mind for awhile. It did explain why she felt familiar compared to the other hatchlings. When asked about who he was, Vrael froze. "Who am I?... thats a very good question...." he pondered. Since he was never given a name by his parents he had to suffice with the name the pink creature's gave him. "The.. the pink creature's call me... Vrael..." he said finally.

The scientist were soon aware that their research was now in danger of being ruined. It was vital for them that they weren't spotted, as they needed to know the natural behaviour's of the ice dragon's. Several of them left, carrying the Camera along with them, while a few stayed and continued watching incase anything happened.

((G2g, bye))

Edited by TotallyDrow

((Alright, cya!))

Tyra relaxed more as the majority of scientists walked away then turned her full attention to Vrael. "Vrael....well at least it's a nice name," Tyra commented warmly. She winced as she shifted to one side and accidentally bumped her sprained arm. "Well, I'm glad to see you're alright. After they took you away and you didn't come back, I was starting to get anxious and afraid that I might be next," she explained. She managed a small smile. "In fact, that's kinda how I got hurt," she chuckled softly.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

((A couple reminders, if I must. Please, at LEAST four sentences per post. And you gotta remember, these hatchlings are TIRED. They aren't gonna be running around and tackling their cage and whatnot. And, for my sake, SLOW. DOWN. Thanks! :3))

A small crimson red dot of blood stained Song's otherwise-perfect white scales where the scientists had taken her blood. It felt weird to Song. She tried to reach around and lick at it, but two firm hands wrapped around her waist and lifted her right off the table. She squealed in surprise at the sudden movement and let herself go limp. This creature was much stronger than her; she didn't even try to fight. Song let herself be carried and she was transported out of the room and tossed back into her cage. She growled as her jaw collided with the cold, hard ground. At least I didn't break a tooth or something, she thought, tasting for blood. With a sigh of defeat, she slumped down on the floor of the cage and fell asleep. The otherwise-perfect blackness was soon racked of terrible nightmares of the two-legged creatures taking away her parents and new friends. What really happened to them?

((Also, can I have a little recap of what happened over the sixty responses I was gone?))

((Sorry! D: I only continued with TotallyDrow because since nobody else was here, it was just Tyra and Vrael(their cages are next to each other) talking so that was pretty much the past page or two.

As for what else happened before that, Tyra was climbing up the the side of the wall so she could look through the window in the exercise room door when one of the scientists came in, startling her and causing her to fall. She landed on her back and right shoulder, spraining her shoulder and badly bruising her back. The scientists put her sprained arm in a sling and gave her pain meds before putting her in her cell.

Skye began sneezing and coughing so the scientists took her away to tend to her. Moona overheard them talking about selling Skye's tail feathers and got so enraged that she began yelling and roaring at the humans as loud as possible. Annoyed by her, the humans took her away and tested her voice until she went hoarse then talked about maybe euthanizing Moona early because of her resistance.

And that's about it other than Zero beginning to come out of his depression and actually talk to some of the other hatchlings. Sorry we went so far! sad.gif It's just kind of hard when we're all in different time zones because some people can get on when other people can't and vice versa. I'll try to slow down as much as possible!))

Edited by Tyra-Ice

"professor, it's still alive.""why didn't the electric shock work?!""we forgot to put it up...""WELL DO IT NOW!" Moona heard a scientit and the boss arguing. As tr scientist went, he muttered," why can't I have a smarter group..." thn he went away. Moona was suspended in test room A." they don't even bother to put me back =.=" she said laying on a table. Someone had to come back and give her food! But she wasn't really hungry.

((Sorry, didn't notice this was approved.))

Moonlight peered out of her egg. There was a giant creature, not a dragon. She summoned enough courage to crawl out, but it was a mistake. The human picked Moonlight up and carried her, stopping at a door. The human opened it up, and dropped Moonlight onto a table rudely. Moonlight screeched at the humans, then blacked out. The next thing she knew, she was back in her cage. She crawled around, looking at the other hatchlings and started screeching.

Anniena sat at the back of the cave, hissing at the humans. Five humans were called to grab the Guardian Hatchling, but she almost bit them when they came close. They gave up, and put new food and water in her cage. Annie sniffed them, backed away, then charged at them. With two gulps, she had ate all of her food and drank all of her water. She fell over, tired. The humans grabbed her and brought her to a strange room. Annie hissed, but the humans ignored her. A sharp pain shot through her leg, and she whined. Annie started to squirm, and she blacked out. She had a flashback of when she was an egg.

A roar was heard from the right side of Annie's egg.

"No! Don't take Anniena!" A voice screeched.

"Please! Annie is the only egg we have!" It was a different voice, a male's.

A slashing was heard, and a screech filled the night. Two hands grabbed the egg, carrying her.

"So Anniena. Not a bad name." It was a new voice, nothing like a dragons.

"Annie for short, I'm guessing." These two voices sounded like the peach creatures.

A small mark in the egg was created, and she looked out. The two humans that captured her were carrying her.

Anniena knew that the two dragon-like voices were her parents. Her eyes fluttered open, and she screeched.

Edited by seacatsmew

Skye lifted her head from her cage floor at the smell of food. She wiped the tears from her face and stood up. The food looked finny, but she was much too hungry to care about that. She gulped it down, but immediately felt the energy draining from her. Letting out a huge yawn, Skye curled up in a tight ball under her bowls and fell fast alseep.

The small gold hissed at the bars. She ran towards them, hitting them with all her power. She screeched in pain when the didn't budge. Her scarlet eyes were filled with pain and worry, only wanting escape. A squishy pink animal moved towards her and yelled. "SHUT UP!" It hissed. She cried out and screeched. Another thing- human, she learned, came up. "Is that gold screeching again?" The other nodded. The man sighed, and took opened the cage. He quickly pushed a bowl of sweet smelling goo inside. He shut the door and crossed his arms, waiting. Scarlett stopped schreeching and sniffed the food. It smelled so good... She quickly took a lick to find it was good. She then ate the rest, licking the bowl clean. In a few minutes, Scarlett became very, very tired. She backed up againtst the cage, away from the humans. Then she fell asleep, all energy gone. She last remembered being picked up again, but was to tired to attack.

Edited by Laurarockstar

Vrael listened as she explained how she got hurt. "Uh.. yeah... They kinda did various things to me in there, and when they were done they gave me this red collar" he said, now gripping at it with both paw's trying to pull it off. "Then they placed me back in here..." Realisising that resistance was futile, he gave up trying to remove the collar and rested his head between his paw's. "so... what exactly is this place?" he asked finally.

Moona squealed a little as the scientists poked her up and put her in test room D. They trie going her a shy for vitamins. She refused, knocking it out of the scientists hand who jumped back. The shot hit no one. The scientist sighed and put her back in the cage. Moona growled at the scientist before he went away.Stupid creatures! I shouldn't yell like that anymore U_U" I thought and ate the food. Forgetting that it would make her sleep, she fell right away. Te scientists then picked her up and gave her the shot,causing Moona to wake up. When he woke up, she was rushed into the cave."W-what did you do?" she said weak. She looked at one of her legs where the shot was. Before he could do anything, the scientist went away.((I goto school >_>))