UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Song looked around in the clear water, her eyes not hurt by it. A small minnow swam by. This, grabbing Song's attention, caused her to kick after it, slamming her claws together mere away from its wildly flailing tail. It disappeared down into the deeper part of the water. She was about to go down after it but suddenly couldn't hold her breath any longer and wildly kicked up to the surface. Her head broke through and she gasped in a breath of air. She was about to go back down and catch the minnow, but saw something. No.. wait. Someone! "Ocius?!" she ask-shouted, a mix of surprise and happiness to see another of her friends. "You escaped!"

Ocius spun around, trying to find who called his name. He looked around confused. He saw a head poking out of the pond. "Song! I never thought I would find anyone." He made his way to the edge of the pond, being careful to not slide in. "I could not believe I actually made it out."

((Ocius escaped. I don't really think much else has happened at the Lab.))

Song tipped her head. "How-how did you get those moving walls open? I had to stand on someone else's head just to reach them. And most importantly: is anyone else with you?" she asked, treading the water and bobbing gently up and down. She looked over Ocius. He was pretty small, but then again he was a pygmy.

Edited by UmbreWulf

Ocius laughed. "Yeah about that. Let's just say I held onto a scientist for dear life and then ran off when I was outside. Though getting my cage open took me a few tries." He watched her in the water. " I made it out by myself." He was small for a pygmy dragon, though he did not realize this as he had not seen another pygmy dragon.

Song laughed a bit. "How very... interesting. Well, it's great to see another safe dragon. We met us with this kind Silver named Mustafa. He has currently offered his cave as a resting place. Right now we're traveling towards another cave in the mountains, offered by a big red dragon with bright yellow stripe named Gizmo. There's food too if you'e hungry," she explained.

"It's good to hear you have found some form of shelter. I slept under a tree for part of the night and a bush for the rest of it." Ocius said. He then heard her offer for food and he got a light in his eye's. "Food sounds good. I have only eaten a few little red things that grow on bush's. They are good but don't really fill me for long."

((I shall pretend the scientists took Moonlight and Anniena back to the lab....))

Moonlight and Anniena went through more tests. Then, they were put back in their cages.

((Is it night or day?))

((Yeah, just what are we waiting for, exactly? I'll be glad to rush up Klutz's training if you feel like I need to.))

((Don't think we are waiting on anyone. Rate of people posting just dropped so Idk.))

"Well, follow me!" Song said happily, getting out of the water. She sniffed the air and caught the slight scent of the others on the breeze. But that was enough for her to use to find her way back home. "This way," she said, jumping over a rock and then ducking under a bush full of needle-like thorns. She traveled slowly, fearing the much smaller dragon would have trouble keeping up.

Ocius followed Song over the rock and through the bush. He was having somewhat of a hard time, but was glad that for once he could stretch his legs for longer then what the scientists allowed. "I honestly never thought I would see you guys again."

"I promised myself I would go back and burn that horrid place to the ground when I was older. No dragon should have to undergo torture like that," Song said, her voice dropping and a hint of a growl at the back of her throat. "But I'm glad you're here. That still leaves a couple more," she said, the names escaping her. They soon arrived at the sight of the cave. The carcass was laying out in the open. Its warm scent made her mouth water, but she had eaten previously and was not in need of food. "Help yourself, there's plenty," she said, gesturing to the deer. She then cleared her throat and called out, "Hey everyone! Ocius is here!"

Ocius stared at the deer for a moment before going to get some. He pulled a piece off with some difficulty and starred to eat it. "So much better then the stuff they gave us." He said as he looked around, seeing where the others would come from.

Song looked around, silently wondering where the others were. The mouth of the cave loomed ominously in front of her. Seeing this, she started to back away from the cave, flapping her small, useless hatchling wings. Maybe they would prove useful for gliding, but Song didn't bother to try. But she couldn't hurt herself being silly. No, if I get hurt I will only be a burden to the others. With a sigh she began to climb up the mountainside to her windy, small ledge and laid down, watching the other dragons under her. Everyone's fine and such, but why do I feel as if I've done something wrong?

((Well, I guess I'll finally have to get off my butt and write. Get ready for some... strange things to happen as I attempt explaining magic.))

Klutz was excited. He listened to all of his teachings and followed all of his instructions.

"Okay, about the realm I mentioned, you have to be able to access it in order to use magic. Now, to get there is simple. In order access it, you simply have to think about it."

"Think about it? That's all?" he asked, a little baffled that it could have been so easy.

"Well, you have to do some stuff there in order to actually get to magic, but it's the first step. Now, close your eyes. I'm going to help you think of that land." Klutz did as commanded, and his outside vision faded. "Now, the magic realm is a strange land. The ground is pure white, with rolling hills and valleys. The only difference that breaks the white is a special silver plant that looks almost exactly like grass but has seeds that grow on the top. The sky conflicts with a deep pink, like that you see when day turns to night. Except it's everywhere." Klutz could imagine the scene. It was a pretty scene, and he wondered when he would finally be there. Fortunately, his wish was fulfilled, as his father told him to open his eyes. He was no longer in the purple fortress; he was in the magic realm.

Ocius watched Song climb up to a ledge. He looked at her. I wonder if she's okay... Ocius thought. He would have tried to go up there, but he decided against it, as it was her spot. He looked around for somewhere that he could lay down, but eventually resorted to wandering around the area.

Moonlight and Anniena were taken out of their cages again. The scientists tried to teach the two fly, but the two couldn't do much. They could fly for a minute or two, but that was all. They were put back in their cages, and the two ate.

((I'll start roleplaying again just as soon as the sun sets in the roleplay >.<''))

(I think that I'll let Klutz go at the same. I mean, he's been gone all day, I think everyone will start to get worried. Also, when is Vrael going to be released?)

Klutz marveled in the strange land that was the Magic Realm. However, one thought drifted in his mind.

"I wonder what Moona is thinking about all of this. I mean, we just dropped into another realm!"

"It isn't like that. When you enter the realm, the time basically freezes in the normal world. This allows you to get what you need to use the magic. In this case, it would be..." his father stopped in mid-sentence. He looked around for a while. A small creature floated by Klutz's nose in an erratic fashion. He could only describe the creatue, with his small vocabulary, as squirmy, square, and white. It seemed as if the creature was trying to get his attention. Knowing of the danger that his father mentioned just minutes ago, he poked his side with a claw.

"Aha! That's it! Grab it!" Klutz, now only realizing it's use, snatched at it. It teetered and then skittered away. He chased after it like a baby kitten. In his second attempt, he managed to get it, but what he got was a surprise. The creature was practically absorbed into his paw. It now throbbed with an eerie light glow.

"Ach! Get it off!" he shrieked, flailing his paw in the air. "Get it off!"

"Don't panic. It's supposed to do that." his father said, barely supressing a laugh.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Actually, it's why my paw glows when I use magic. Did you see that?"

"Yes, I did. Now, how do I do this, now?" he asked, calming down.

"You get out of the realm to use the magic. You do it just like how you got into it. Think of where you left off."

Klutz's mind drifted over to the barrier of purple around the grave and the cave. Almost and once, the world around him faded away, slowly morphing into the real earth. He was exactly where he last remembered himself. He exchanged looks with his father, who simply grinned. Klutz, believing he knew what to do now, raised his paw. It flashed with light as a bright, pinkish force field shot itself up in front of him.

Edited by thegreenrobby

((Vrael will be released when the time is right. Its too soon in 'RP Time'. The hatchlings only escaped less then 48 hours ago in RP time... That's not enough time for Vrael to be transformed from "innocent hatchling" to "Ravenous Beast"... I'm patiently waiting for everybody else to RP and build a story outside of the laboratory.))

Edited by TotallyDrow

(Needless to say, I have already built up a bit of a story. I actually want Vrael to be released so Klutz can show some of his powers.)

((If I were to unleash Vrael and there was a confrontation, it would diminish the chances for other characters to develop their own personal character growth, as the plot would be centralized around the conflict. Besides. quite a few others are Missing in Action. ))

Edited by TotallyDrow

((-is one of the MIA I suppose- Sorry, but I have to wait until nightfall in RP Time.... v.v''))