UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tyra's violet eyes shot open as she realized she was lying on another hatchling. Quickly, she scrambled up and backed away. "I-I'm so sorry!" she apologized frantically. She was breathing heavily and looking around. "W-what is this place? Where am I? M-momma! Papa!!" she cried, trembling terribley.

Ocius moved away a bit when Tyra stood up. "To answer your question, this is what they call the Exercise Room. We are supposed to use this time to play." He sighed, he did not want to be in here.

As soon as Sky was placed in the Exercise chamber, she full out ran and hid under one of the water bowls. She lay there, shaking from head to toe, little purple eyes darting from side to side, nervous as heck.

Tyra whimpered and tucked her tail between her legs. Hands suddenly grabbed her from behind, causing her to squawk in terror.

"Now now, don't struggle so much," the deep voice of a scientist chided her as he begun carrying her to the examination room.

Tyra became very quiet but you could tell she was terrified. The scientist set her down on a cold, white table and began the examination. He ran his hands over her scales and recorded their color and texture. The ice hatchling's main body scales were a deep indigo blue while her underbelly and face were a pale, very light blue. She had two sets of tiny, stubby white horns that were beginning to grow in on her head and she looked fearfully at the scientist with large, deep violet eyes. The scientist thouroughly examined Tyra and recorded everything in detail on his clipboard. The poor little hatchling was still shivering from sheer fright and didn't make one peep.

Ocius was about to ask the other hatchling her name when she got taken. He chased after the human but the door was closed long before he got there. Sighing, he returned to where he was and laid back down.

When he was finished, the scientist dumped Tyra back in the exercise area and walked off.

Tyra scurried across the cold floor and huddled against the wall. Lying down, she whimpered and began to cry. She missed her parents; everything was so foreign here.

Ocius saw Tyra get put back in the Exercise area. Walking up to her, he noticed she was crying. "I did not get to ask you your name. I'm Ocius." He sat next to her, and felt like she could eat him if she wanted to.

Tyra sniffed and raised her head from her paws. "O-oh...hello, Ocius. W-well....my name is Tyra..I think," she replied cautiously. He was quite small, being a pygmy, but he seemed nice enough. She hurriedly wiped her eyes with the back of her paw. A thin, silver metal band jingled around her left hind leg as she adjusted her position. Tyra's head snapped around to look at it, quite alarmed. She then remembered the scientist had put it on after the examination. It was a bit of an annoyance but not utterly uncomfortable and at the moment it seemed to be harmless so she turned her head and looked back at Ocius.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Once again, Vrael peered out from the top of his egg shell. More two legged figured were barely visible on the outside. Walking around carrying various objects and what looked to be other hatchlings. Vrael squeezed both of his paws through the hole, and stretched his neck out trying to get a better view.

The egg tipped under the weight and fell forward smashing into several smaller pieces. Vrael rolled out and smashed against the front of the cage. His neck drooped out from between the bars as he lay there dazed.

A young intern scientist jumped when she heard a sound come from behind her. She turned around and noticed the hatchling's head hang there. She slowly approached the cage and opened it, gently maneuvering his head out from the bars. "Another one's hatched!, come look!" she said excitedly. An older human walked in and scribbled down some notes as he stared at the hatchling in the intern's hand. "Bring it to the exercise room, then clean its cage" he said.

The young intern carried Vrael to the exercise room and laid the ice dragon down, along the floor, before walking out. Vrael lay there, his vision still a bit blurry, several figured were moving in front of him.

Tyra jerked her head towards the noise of another scientist, her fear level rising once more. She sighed softly in relief as she saw it was just dropping off another hatchling. Tilting her head to the side, she curiously watched the dizzy hatchling. One thing she noticed was that he looked very similar to herself, leaving her quite puzzled. She shifted her position again, tucking her paws closer to her body. Another thing she noticed was that even though the floor was cold, it didn't bother her hardly at all. In fact, she almost enjoyed the cool temperature of the cement.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Ocius turned and looked at the new hatchling that entered. It looked at it and realized it looked like Tyra. He walked a bit closer to Tyra, and saw the metal chain. "What exactly is that?" He poked the chain a bit.

Tyra turned her head once more to look at Ocius, snapped out of her deep thoughts. "Oh, that? I..I'm not sure... that two legged pink creature put it on my ankle a-after her finished poking and prodding me in that room..." She shook her hind leg a bit, causing the shackle to jingle. "It's too small for me to get off...," she said sadly.

Vrael shook his head trying to regain his senses. He was in a small painted room, and there were several other hatchlings in here. A strange jingly noise startled Vrael and he immediately turned around and ran into the door.

He lay down and covered his snout with both paws, and closed his eyes. "I should have stayed in the shell..." he said to himself.

Ocius frowned when she said it was too small to take off. He laid next to her. He watched to see if any other dragons were going to come near.

Tyra winced, seeing poor Vrael run into the door. "Ooh... I-I didn't mean to startle him," she said quietly to herself. She wrapped her tail around her legs and stared at the floor. "Should I go over and apologize? W-what if he's angry at me? I-I don't know what to do...this place is so strange...," she thought worriedly.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

-It hurt. It hurt. Dieing really hurt. How was this fair? Taken from it's parents only to be killed in the way it had never expected. T'was just it's luck to be discovered...by a vampire. Ohhhh geez, here it goes again, thinking about it's miserable circumstances as it sits rotting in it's egg though fully conscious even as it's body deteriorates. It's breathing feels shallow and labored as if it were sucking on an empty caprisun. It just plain hurt, but it'd gotten over that so far, it simply became habit to repeat that one thought over and over. It didn't know it's parents, never had the chance to even get a glimpse of them. Did they miss their egg? Did they know it was gone? Somehow, it couldn't make the effort to care, and that hurt more than dieing did. Hiding in it's shell was all it could manage even as the egg thoroughly rotted and began to break against it's will, the dragon remained within the stinking shadows of it. Afraid of what was outside. Then, it heard a voice, it's ear twitched just enough to jolt it from it's thoughts to concentrate on what it had heard. There were other dragons near by but they sounded alarmed, afraid, and they were being moved away. The young vampire listened to the sounds slowly disappear, and when each cry ended there was the finishing sound of something closing. What could it be? For the first time since it was bitten, it wanted to be born.

Then, footsteps, not as heavy or great like an adult dragons nor the sound of anything it could hope to recognize and then, whatever it was spoke. It was strange, their tongue was not one the dragon was familiar with but it strained it's ears to understand them despite it's disadvantage of death.- "Well, so far it seems the first batch has hatched but this one, it stinks, terribly. Could it have died?"- another voice replied- "No, this is cave born Pillow dragon that was stolen and bitten by a vampire dragon. It's dead but it's still alive."- they continued to talk about it when the second voice changed and it gave the dragon the chills. Whatever the being was saying, was something the young vampire wasn't going to like.-"When it is born it'll be dead so it won't eat much, we'll have to be wary for when it matures, and be careful about the way we feed it. We haven't got a lot of information on it's species so this will be a first. Treat this one carefully, it'll fetch a good price when it finally, truly, dies."-their footsteps disappeared behind another clicking, closing sound. Now, it was afraid.-

((will make self born when the egg on my scroll is born too. Also, I'll have to wait and see if it's a boy or girl, I don't know yet. I figured the best way to roleplay with an egg was to pick an unborn egg on my scroll ;P))

Edited by Chasilin

Moona looked around. she saw other dragons. and a camera. undefined Where am i? Oh well as long as theres others. But.im too scared to talk to them! I'll just let someone notice me.undefined She thought and crawled to a corner. She liked being a lone, but sometimes, she was bored. Her body felt really heavy. She just looked around at the others. She was picked up by something. startled, Moona squealed and tried hiding her face. She heard someone say, "A Moonstone Dragon! When this grows up, and we kill it, We could do undefined Anythiingundefined with the Moonstone!" "We could be rich!" another one said. Moona was scared. undefined I'm gonna die if i dont get out of here!undefined Moona thought. Now she really didnt like this place.

A low rumble emanated from Tyra's stomach, causing the ice hatchling to look down. She realized she hadn't eaten since she'd hatched and now she was quite hungry. Searching the room with her eyes, she looked for even just a small morsel she could eat to calm her belly but she didn't see anything. Her stomach rumbled again, her insides aching and pleading to be fed.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Skye remained huddled underneath the water bowl, rfusing to go near any of the hatchlings. Five minutes of being hatched, and every inch of her had been poked, proded, and examined. She felt harrased as violated. The little Daydream did not want to speak to anyone whatsoever, for she couldn't trust them.

"So bright" -thought the unhatched dragon- "so bright for such cold, cold air. I can hear it...the sounds of life. I can hear it, the loud buzzing from somewhere overhead, footsteps heavy and unfamiliar, clinking and clanging and clicking all over the place. I'm scared! Who ever though being dead meant you had nothing left to fear, was very wrong! I'm afraid! I don't like what ever is beyond that large crack in my egg. This is my shelter, let me stay here.No! Stop rotting! Stop falling!"- and then silence. The thoughts stopped as the young dragon mentally cried itself to sleep. It could make no sounds, death was an invisible cloak that kept everything tight within the confines of the this rotting infant's body but did nothing to protect it from the chills that curled over it like deaths curling fingers, but far more terrifying. Death is familiar, but whatever was beyond the dragon's egg shell, was the unknown.

It wasn't long before a fog seemed to lift like parting clouds over the dragons consciousness and it finally awoke. It could not open it's body and despite the breath that was drawn into it's body, it's lungs did not move and it's chest did not rise nor fall. So still. This stillness made the dragon feel like it was truly dead and when it stopped thinking, when it stopped being aware, it felt like it could be truly dead, but then a noise would catch it's attention and thoughts would return to remind it that life existed in some small part of itself. For a while as it lay in silence within it's egg, the dragon began to wonder when it would hatch, what would happen to it? Would it still be unable to move? Would it's 'undeath' keep it from growing? From maturing? Now, there was something to think about. With something to occupy it's mind and renew it's mentality, the time passed swiftly by and the dragon forgot about it's problems. If only for a little while, this young, undead dragon, was content.-

Comfortable and warm. That's how the young dragon felt when she woke up. Curled up inside the egg, she was content to stay where she was and doze. However, noises from outside the egg began to disturb her. She wriggled slightly in annoyance, then fell still and listened to what she could hear. She heard several things, the sounds of other hatchlings, the soft cracking of eggshells, and voices. The voices were different and she didn't understand them.

"This one is beautiful," said a young female scientist, "is it a Gold dragon?"

"No, this one is different. See how the shell shimmers in the light? Gold eggs don't look like that," said an older male.

They continued to talk, but the little dragon inside the egg didn't hear as it shifted inside the eggshell. She moved and one of her hind legs struck the egg, creating a small crack. A tiny ray of light shone through the crack and caught her attention. Curiosity getting the better of her, she lashed out with her hind legs forcing the cracks bigger and bigger until the egg shattered. Blinded, she closed her eyes as she landed on cold, hard ground. Slowly she opened her eyes and blinked, adjusting her eyes to the light. The first thing she noticed was that she was surrounded by dark gray bars.

Before she could get her bearings, something big and pink loomed over her. The bars in front of the pink thing swung out and it reached for her. Without thinking, she reacted. Scrambling backwards, she hissed at the advancing threat. It scooped her up quickly, pinning her front legs against her body as it pulled her from the cage. Furiously, she shrieked and bit down hard on the closest thing she could reach. The creature cried out in pain and she saw she had drawn blood. Before she could bite again, she was shoved roughly into an even smaller cage. Once she was in the second cage she calmed down and waited. It wasn't very long before the crate she was in stopped moving. The door opened and the creature reached in to grab her again. She was prepared, as soon as it was close enough she jumped and began scratching and biting. The creature, it seemed, and also prepared itself for her attack. It did not seem wounded as it grabbed and pulled her out. Without stopping her attack she observed the paw around her and noticed it was no longer pink and smooth, but brown and rough. It set her on the floor and shook her off it's paw, sending her sliding across the floor and then it left. She hissed at it's retreating form and, when it was gone, looked around at her surroundings.

((Wow, you guys got in a while page in the short while I was gone! D:))

Song got off of Yhina and trotted over to the door curiously. A long stick was poked through a tiny opening between the frame and the door. It had a small loop at the end. Curious, Song walked over to the loop and nudged it with her head. It slipped over her white scales and swiftly closed around her neck. She let out a peep of surprise as she was lifted into the air and pulled through the opening. She squeaked and struggled but to no avail. She was caught.

The scientists pulled the catching pole back in. "Got it," one said. "Take it to... Test Room B. No one should be in there as far as I know," said another. They checked her heart rate and temperature, then took a sample of her blood. She gave a little squeak of pain as the sharp needle pierced her skin. Song tried to run away, but the scientist had a firm grip on the small hatchling. They were soon done, and threw her back into the Exercise Chamber.

Tyra lifted her head and spotted Yhina. She whimpered, seeing how she was being treated. Getting up from her spot, she hurried over to the white hatchling shyly. "A-are....are you alright?" she asked, concern in her voice.

Yhina frowned slightly when her friend walked off to study something, she turned around to find any other dragons. There wasn't anyone she could talk to in this place that she felt comfortable with. Feeling tired already, she crawled up into a corner and settled down, scanning her stone hard area for the other hatchlings. The background of the area looked friendly and nice while the ground was hard, cold. Just like her cage. The magma dragon dumped her head between her paws and her small heavy eyelids were half way clasped shut. Then Tyra came over, she lazily looked up to her from her spot. "Hi, there," she spoke tiredly. Yhina already felt exhausted from playing with Song.

((gald there is an edit button x.x))

Edited by Tiffashy

Moona was really really scared now that she knew that those people actually wanted her to be dead. She was pressed against the corner, trying not to get near those people. undefined Do they only have us to make us into things?undefined Moona thought, as she did, she saw a case of jewelry. Each one was labeled with what dragon they used. She saw Moonstone,Gold,Christmas, and others were being killed for there spines or anything! Moona wished she could be back with her mom and dad whoever they were. The other dragons around her would be killed for things also.undefined How can i get out with that shiny thing watching me?And even at free time when i go outside i cant.undefined Moona thought. she sighed, hopelessly. Nothing could be done.