UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Moona looked around her cage. She puffed herself. why can't I go in the exercise room? she thought in a fury. those creatures... Better not blow my head... she thought as she lay down on the cold steal. She sighed and looked at the other cages. Tyra was gone.(me don't know who else in her row is)

"No kidding," Tyra chuckled, lying down on the cold steel floor. "This place...and not to mention the two leggeds really wear you down." The sound of another hatchling crying met her sensitive, one she didn't recognize. Turning her head, she noticed another hatchling, whimpering with tears running down his face. Feeling sorry for him, she slowly rose to her feet and ventured over to him. "Hey...are you alright? Why are you so upset?" she asked softly.

((Huh. I could have sworn I replied to this.))

Klutz was streaming tears when he heard the voice of another dragon.

"Hey...are you alright? Why are you so upset?" she asked softly. He looked up at her.

"Nobody likes me! The furry things broke my egg, and the Annie dragon yelled at me, and now my tummy is growling at me!" he complained, sobbing hysterically.

Tyra felt a wave of compassion wash over her. Another hatchling, another victim of the cruel humans. "Hey there, it's alright... don't cry, that's not true that nobody likes you," she told him, lying down beside him, "Some of us here are just...suffering... The two leggeds here have done horrific things to us and we all just want out. But enough of that talk, your stomach isn't growling at you. You're just hungry." She smiled a bit and flicked her tail back and forth. "Well, there isn't any food around here right now, but it might help if you drank some water," she suggested, waving her tail in the direction of the waterbowls that were scattered about the exercise room.

The dragon was trying to comfort Klutz. He looked up at her again with his tear-stained face. "Really? You think so?" Klutz reponded. He took on a new perspective. If he was not universally hated, he might be able to actually make some friends. He decided to start with her. "What's your name?"

-Isthalas watched the dragon go and was just about to follow when something entered her peripheral vision. Her reaction was delayed by her curiosity and before she could do anything a thin wire had found it's way about her neck and then it was too late. She let out a squeal and flailed her body thrusting her legs out sharply at the slick ground that would not hold no matter how hard she tried to dig her claws into it. Beneath her the floor screeched in protest and refused to give her any aid and the task of the wielder of the strange noose was just about complete as her body is dragged towards the door. She cried some more and then went silent, all the while she refused to let up on her physical rebellion. At the door the noose go tighter as it lifted her up off the ground, she hung there for a few suffocating moments until one of the fleshies pricked her with a needle. It wasn't long before she lost consciousness.

When Isthalas re-awoke she found herself in another of those white rooms with tables and shelves and glasses and tubes but this time, in front of her, there was an egg. Slowly, she approached it with a caution that was not odd, considering all that has happened in these rooms. It was just an egg. The dragon inside was not even fully developed yet, she could tell by scent alone, for it was not a very distinct one.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the lens, inside the viewing room, scientist leaned in their chairs and perched their chins between their thumbs and fore fingers in anticipation.

"Do you think she'll know what to do?"-Came the voice of a female scientist.

"Yes, it must know, it's in it's nature."-Said another, a male.

"Perhaps but the stupid beast hasn't shown much promise yet. Not to mention this isn't exactly it's 'natural' habitat."- came another.

Back inside the lab, Isthalas circled the egg. She felt a dull throb in her fangs and her tongue swept over them unconsciously. She let out a hiss, which the scientists misinterpreted for disgust or hatred, that was meant for the fresh new cuts in her tongue made by her abnormally sharp teeth. Isthalas felt a skin deep need to alleviate the tension but with the abuse she'd grown up with she would not allow 'that' side of her to emerge to harm the egg like she knew it would. With a quick retreat she backed up into a corner of the glass cage they were keeping her and the egg in and curled up. She refused to hurt that innocent dragon.

"Told you."-said the voice that earlier promised failure. The other scientists grumbled and made preparations to return Isthalas back to her cage after sedating her but soon found she was already fast asleep as she fought against her 'urges'.-

Tyra flicked her tail back and forth a couple times before answering. "...My name is Tyra...," she finally replied, smiling, "and...what is yours?" She looked at him with her violet eyes as she waited for his answer.

Tyra. That's a nice name. Klutz thought to himself.

"I don't know if I had a name. But both the fuzzy things and Annie called me 'Klutz.' Is that my name? I don't know." he said as he preceded towards the water bowls.

((Can I has a join?

username:Celebi112

charrie name: Darkshimmer

species: dark myst pygmy

personality:she is very adventurous and curious, and has no regard for self-saftey.

apperance: Darkshimmer is a small, tidy dark myst pygmy

other: cheese is the answer to everything

can I join))

((Sorry Celebi. First of all, you are supposed to ask from the OOC thread. Second of all, there is no more space for this. I happened to get in due to the fact that the owner was on vacation and I was new from the RP's, not knowing what to do. Don't worry, though. There are several other RP'S you can join. And Midna forever.))

Edited by thegreenrobby

Klutz. Tyra smiled as she thought over the name. Getting up, she followed the other hatchling to the water bowls, finding she was quite thirsty herself. "Well, nice to meet you, Klutz," she stated shyly before dipping her muzzle into a bowl and taking a long drink of the refreshing liquid.

He stopped in front of the water bowl, and instictively started drinking it. After a few laps, his stomach felt better. "Tha-GOK!" Klutz choked on the water, due to trying to talk and drink at the same time. He fell back on his hind paws and coughed several times.

"I don't think you can talk and have water at the same time..." he said, dejected and wheezing. " I tried to say 'Thank you.' The water really helped my tummy." He smiled at Tyra, shortly before coughing several times again to get theexcess water out of his only recently developed lungs.

Song looked down, knowing she knew none of the answers. "I dunno why they take our scales..." she said, shifting her shoulders so that a patch of skin where the white armor had once covered it lay. "But I do know one thing." Song cleared her throat and looked up. "We don't belong here. This isn't what I imagined when I was in my egg. It was warm and it smelled like.... Like... Like, um, somewhere else! And I don't think those squishy pink creatures are our parents. They don't have wings, or horns, or scales, and they don't even look like us!" she exclaimed glaring at the clear thing that the scientists looked through. A couple backed off, as her sharp look frightened them even though she was only a hatchling. "I don't think our real moms and dads would poke us with sharp things, or take our scales, or make us sleep in those cold, gray caves things. And the 'food'! I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure whatever it is, Whites don't eat it. It makes my stomach hurt. Bad. And those pink things don't even care!" she whined. Song wanted out.

((Annie is roaming around the place right now. She can't find a way out....This isn't going to end well!))

Annie started walking to a different hiding spot only to see a group of pink creatures head towards it. With silent feet, Annie slipped in a different spot. The creatures didn't see her, so she quickly and quietly slipped in the hiding spot she was trying to get to. Anniena then spotted the Exercise Room and heard Moonlight. She ran towards the door and hid again, trying to figure out how to open it..

Moonlight started scratching at the door. She gave up after a while, lonely and afraid. With a small chirp, she curled up in a corner and tried to fight the pain in her ribs. Only it wasn't coming only from there. She missed her family, which made her heart hurt too. Moonlight started making loud chirping noises.

-Isthalas awoke in the arms of a fleshie, she was being cradled as it walked. Afraid, Itshalas pretended to still be asleep, and as th soothing bobbing of the fleshies footsteps rocked her motionless body, she silently mapped every twist, turn and door that they passed. Soon enough they arrived before a door and as it opened her ears where bombed with several chirpings and...was that...wheezing? Isthalas didn't know but in seconds what met her sking next was cold floor. Finally able to 'wake' she looked around and, just before the door clicked closed, she cought a glimpse of another dragon. At her side one of the hatchlings was crying pitifully but Isthalas was afraid to get involved. She was no good at the whole comforting bit.-

Fusion cowered a little bit at Song's cold glare at the scientists. Daddy wasn't her real daddy? Momma wasn't her real momma? The thought made the little dorsal hatchling lie down and weep. So I really am alone... She looked up at the scientists, then at Song, then at the scientists again. "No... I guess they don't look like us, or smell like us. I scented them when they took my scales. The smell hurt my nose. Like it was too clean." Fusion looked around the exercise room at the other hatchlings. Something seemed off... there was no one older than a couple months or so. "Why do you think we never see older ones? Creatures like us, I mean, except older. All of us are practially babies."

After a cold drink of water, Klutz felt ready to move. He jump up and down, spun on his hind legs, and ran in circles. He was having so much fun! Suddenly, he started to grow sloth. He running slowed to a brisk jog, which slowed to a slow walk. "Woah, I feel funny in my head. My eyes are heavy." After a few more circles of walking, he stopped in his tracks, yawned, and fell on his side, dead asleep.

Annie hid quickly as a scientist walked by. She looked at Klutz, then Tyra, then the door. So many choices, so little time. Who should I get first...? Wait-there are locks on those doors. I should tell them... Annie bolted over to Tyra's cage first. "When a pink creature opens the door, run out of your cage and hide! Its the only way out!" Annie quickly warned. She quickly hid as another scientist walked by. She then sighed at Klutz and ran back to the door. Annie hid and waited, since Moonlight knew what to do...

A scientist opened the Exercise Room door to pick up Moonlight. Moonlight bolted out, hiding beside Annie. They stood still and started figuring out their plan, being silent so no one else could hear.

Klutz woke up to the grumbling of one of the fuzzy things. "Whuh?" he groaned as he shook his head.

"Get back here, you insolent varmit!" said the fuzzy thing. He was just outside the door of the big room. He appeared to be looking for something. Klutz got up to see what was going on. He walked up to the door and between the fuzzy thing's legs.

"Hi!" he said to him. The fuzzy thing looked down on him, then smiled.

"Better to catch one than none," he sneered. His hands lunged down on Klutz in an attempt to snare him.

Klutz saw the hands a moment. Out of sheer evasion, he jumped straight up into the crevice of the fuzzy thing's legs. He heard something pop inside the fuzzy thing, as well as the mumbling grew a lot higher-pitched.

"Ow! That smarts!" he said. He doubled over, almost crushing Klutz, who had lunged outward into the open.

Klutz looked at the fuzzy thing, to see his face starting to show tears. Klutz almost felt sorry, before he heard a noise in a small hidey-hole. All of his attention went to that. He walked over and peeked inside.

"Annie?"

((Sorry to double-post, but I was expecting someone to post, particurally Seacats, manager of Annie. This is just a reminder to anyone who may have forgotten about this, as I REALLY want this to continue, and not die off.))

((Yeah, sorry. Just not sure what to have Tyra do, lol. The storyline has died down quite a bit.))

((Huh. So we're all stuck, pretty much? Interesting. What about how the people change shifts at 11:30? Can't we take advantage of that, somehow?))

((*Tosses Thegreenrobby gold medal* THANK YOU. xd.png That's a big part of escape. Imma grant your wishes and throw in some action. It's nearing 11:30 NOW.))

"Maybe.... maybe they don't want the bigger dragons defending us? Or maybe them let them out of here?" Song thought out loud. Her gaze flickered to one of the boxes on the wall. It was moving around quite a bit. Is that thing looking at me? she thought, making a face at it. It stared right back at her. "Hey," she growled, trotting over and looking up at it. The gray box followed her motion as she sat down in front of it. The other three were fixed on Song as well.

Song jumped. The boxes still stared at her. "Hey, it's not nice to stare at others," she growled, glaring at the box. Some pink creatures laughed. Song had noticed earlier that many of them had left, to sleep maybe? She then returned her eyes to the box. Lights danced about inside it. What is this thing? she wondered, studying it. As she watched it, one of the two remaining pink creatures left.

Suddenly the dancing lights died and they went black. Is it dead? she wondered. Then it hit her. These are what the pink creatures use to watch us when they aren't around! That's why the lights started flashing when Tyra got away! If it's dead, I can go! she thought, getting excited. Just then, the door cracked open and a scientist crept in. Now's my chance! "C'mon Fusion! We're leaving!" she called, racing between the surprised creature's legs and hopping out the door.

Song crept into a room without a door. The floor underfoot was cold, but not gray. (Tile.) The room itself was long and narrow. Squinting, she saw a light at the end of the room, and another door. But it was strange light.... not coming from the roof. It's..... natural? Is this 'moonlight?' My mommy talked about it when I was in my egg! Moonlight is supposed to be pretty. This light is really pretty. And soft and gentle, not cold and real bright like the lights around here. Excited, she sprinted down the hall and bashed into the door. It didn't move. "Huh," she said, studying it. "Oh, there's my problem!" she squeaked, seeing a hole a couple feet up. She had seen the pink creatures open these things so often she already knew what it was. You need a... what do they call it? A key? Yes a, er, key. To open it, you need a key! But I don't have a key... she thought dejectedly. Suddenly a flash caught her eyes. The light had touched her feet, making her claws glitter like the cold metal floors in the light.

I'm not tall enough, but I bet my claw would fit into that hole.

((jumping on to the bandawagon....p.s. what's the range on the cameras? Can there be a blind spot other than just when it turns off? Since I doubt during shift that every single camera in the building turns off...that'd be irresponsible. -sorry f I am wrong >.<-))

-Isthalas watched as now two hatchlings escaped. Annie and Moonlight. She recalled vaguely. In a corner of the room two dragons where talking amongst themselves and one began to leap at the box at the top, tracing her movements it seemed likt it could see anything! Suddenly the lights dulled and the dragon stopped for a brief moment before kicking up the air at her heels and dashing towards the door just as a scientist began to open it. As they flew by her in their haste Ishalas made a split second descision. Scrambling, claws versus tile floor, she skid after them hard on their tails, almost literally with how frantic her running was. Regaining control she halted fast and hard and stuck close to the two, keeping her mouth shut and eyes and ears wide open.-