UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

((Welcome to the rp! I'm sure you both can join since we currently have 2 empty cages. 83 @thegreenrobby))

For the first time, the tiny ice hatchling felt not so tired. In fact, she even felt a bit energetic. Forgetting about the evil scientists, Tyra bounded around the exercise room, looking for a playmate. Her right foreleg had been in the sling for so long; it felt great to stretch it out and run around. She squealed and giggled as she managed to trip over her tail and tumble head over heels a ways. Hey, that was kinda fun! she thought, getting up and doing it again. Her body's cold temperatures frosted the steel floor, making it slippery so the next time she slid, she flew way across the exercise room, laughing. I wish Vrael was here to play with me... she thought sadly.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Vrael walked around in circles, it was the only thing he could do to keep himself sane in this dark steel prison. Seconds turned to minutes, minutes turned to hours and still Vrael was not released from this cursed cage. He had lost track how many times a pair of scientist would break through the roof of his prison and re-fill the bowl of water, each time the cold thin metal wrapped around his neck to restrain him.

The hunger... it played tricks on him. It had been over 24 hour's since he had last savoured the succulent taste of food going down his throat, how he longed to have that feeling again and to bask in the pleasure of having a filled stomach. The darkness played tricks on him, several times a spectral image of raw loin would hover mere inches infront of his nose and each time it would disappear with a swipe or a bite from the starving hatchling.

He looked up towards the only light source and prayed that this nightmare would soon end~

Tyra sullenly began trudging back and forth, wondering what had happened to Vrael. Looking up, she growled at the scientists begind the observation window. "What did you do with my friend, you two legged monsters?!" she demanded in her loudest voice, "Where's Vrael?!" She paced back and forth uneasily.

Anniena woke up, spotting Klutz. She growled slightly. "Why did you...wake me..up?!?!?" Annie growled, still half asleep. "And I'm Annie, thank you very much. Now answer my question!!!" Annie was not in a good mood. Oh no. Not at all. She was in a HORRIBLE mood! She growled again, waiting for an answer.

Moonlight watched the Ice hatchling, wishing that she was as playful as her. Then the Ice hatchling seemed mad at the pink creatures. Moonlight shivered at the word, 'Friend'. Oh, how she wished she had a friend! Moonlight walked up behind Tyra, stood on her hind legs, and shouted. "Yeah! What did you do with her friend? I may be lonely, but that doesn't mean others have to be!" she shouted. Moonlight then darted out of Tyra's view.

"Isthalas....Isthalas my darling, come with us."- Slowly a fog seemed to part and there were two large figures that could hardly be made out, they were blurry but they felt safe, warm...welcoming. Heavy. No, light!- My limbs feel so light!- A happy sounding chirp filled the air and the large mysterious dragons laughed and somehow it was known they were smiling. Looking around, the scenery seemed to overlap, no matter where you turned it would bring you back to the friendly, and oddly familiar, figures.- "Isthalas, my darling, dearest Isthalas, come play with us. Come play with mommy."

-That was all it took. A single word, and suddenly Isthalas felt her body slam back down with it's full weight, her eyes flew open. There was something screaming, someone was crying and it took a moment before she realized it was her. She flailed miserably and kicked out her legs, fighting herself beneath the canopy of her wings.- "Mommy!!!" -Tiring herself out she sobbed pathetically on her cage floor, her wings limp and her eyes closed, tears seeping out in silence. A scientist came in and misread her actions as being lonely when she was really just suffering from something like homesickness. He carefully reached inside after unlatching the lock and carried her to the exercise room, where he knew other dragons were playing. All the way there, Isthalas remained motionless, allowing the full blow of her 'good' dream to fade away. By the time the scientist had opened the door and tossed her inside, she had only a few seconds to regain her will in order to react and pillow the blow to the ground with her wings. Feeling a little better after having to make an effort to do something, she looked around at the hatchlings for the first time since she was hatched.-

Moonlight watched Tyra for a bit longer. She then looked around at the others, trying to stay still. She then spotted Isthalas. Moonlight slowly crawled over to Isthalas, trying to stay out of view. "Hi..I'm...Moonlight...who are you?" She asked, still close to the ground.

-The hiss that came from Isthalas was very vampirish but she was only surprised by the voice that suddenly rung through her ears, chasing away her thoughts.-"Ahh...Isthalas. My name...it's Isthalas." -she said after regaining her composure and resting her wings at her flank.-"What's wrong with that one?" -She asked with puzzled concern. She couldn't make out what the leaping hatchling was saying do desperately at the wall. She didn't know why either.-

"The strange hatchling that seems cold over there? Something about a friend..." Moonlight said. "Unless that isn't who your talking about." she quickly added. Moonlight was still pressed against the ground, scared. First mean pink creatures, and now a scary-looking dragon with sharp pointy teeth! And don't forget the ribs. They still hurt badly. The scars on Moonlight's ribs were clear, since they were red. Moonlight shivered as her ribs started hurting worse, making her almost lose her hold on the real world.

Annie lost her patience and started attacking the wall that didn't let hatchlings attack each other. She kept growling until two pink creatures came to grab her. She growled and launched herself at their hands, almost biting their fingers. The two creatures moved just in time, and Annie bolted out of the door. Now just to find a exit out of this horrible place..... Anniena hid, looking around but not allowing the creatures to see her.

((This isn't going to end well. There are like...no exits.))

Edited by seacatsmew

-If there was a wind it would have blown in to add to the awkwardness that Isthalas sensed. She looked down at the hatchling and gave a rather pathetic smile. Well... she tried, right? It wasn't hard to notice the injuries on the dragon and it made Isthalas glance at her own cotton garbed fore leg. She hardly remembered what happened but the dull throb constantly reminded her that something did in fact happen.-"Yes, I did mean that one, thank you. Hey, do you know why the fleshies are keeping us here?"-she asked hoping that another of the dragons, particularly the only one she had met so far, knew the answer to her questions. Her many, many questions.-

Moonlight smiled slightly. "Your welcome. And I'm guessing for an experiment. I may be young, but I know a lot of things!" she answered. She then looked at the door, only to see eight big shadows pass the door. "They look like they're in a hurry. I wonder what happened.." Moonlight said, tilting her head. The young Royal Blue was smart, but still had many, many things to learn.

Annie gulped after the pink creatures left. She flapped her mini wings, trying to fly, but only created a bit of cool air. Annie started running, seeing the exit. She was sure of it! But once she reached it, the door closed and wouldn't open. Annie started running again, then hid. She thought of the dim light, then it became clear. That was another room with scientists in it. This place they were in wasn't close to other dragons. The pink creatures had taken them all from their parents, their nests, their safe homes! Annie went silent, not making any sound.

Edited by seacatsmew

-A nod was all she could reply. It made sense enough to her but it still wasn't what she wanted to hear. Her eyes kept being drawn towards the leaping dragon and she politely excused herself from Moonlight.- "I'm going to go an ask her why she's doing that..."-She took one look at the Royal Blue and then decided to add to her sentence.-"You can come if you like."-She didn't really ask it as a question, merely put it out there. Isthalas was extremely sensitive and always felt vulnerable but she discovered something about herself when she was introduced to the others. When she's around them her personality guards itself and projects a different side of herself, it was always there, just tucked away until ready to be revealed. In a swift, purposeful motion she began walking towards the curious hatchling, her gait lucid in an inhuman and ethereal way.-

Moonlight crawled after Isthalas, her ribs still hurting. She made sure not to be seen.

Meanwhile, the scientists were moving quickly. Alarms were sounded and lights came from everywhere, hurting Annie's ears. A scientist stopped in front of her hiding spot, looking around before running off again. Annie stayed silent during all of this.

"This is horrible!" he shouted. The other scientists were running around, sounding alarms and making the lights flash. "Sir, whats happening?" one of the girl scientists asked. "Annie has escaped!" "WHAT?!?! the girl scientist almost fainted. "Find her!" that was the last command before a group of scientists ran out the door.

Tyra continued screeching at the scientists behind the large glass window until her throat was sore and she couldn't any longer. She feel back on her haunches and tried to catch her breath. Another hatchling suddenly came into view and also yelled at the scientist. Tilting her head, the ice hatchling looked at Moonlight curiously. The sound of the steel door slamming shut met Tyra's ears and she snapped her head around just in time to see Isthalas being dropped off in the exercise room. A vampire? she thought, slowly venturing forward towards the new hatchling.

-Isthalas was surprised to see the hatchling in question suddenly moving towards her and the young Royal Blue who decided to follow. Meeting her halfway she automatically felt her neck muscles relax but her head was held high and her gait became even more supernaturally even, if that was possible at this point. Stopping when she felt she was close enough she stared at the hatchling as if looking down, her brow was smooth and her expression was 'cool' almost to the point of listless.

Inside, the vampire dragon was waring with herself, she wanted to be loose and carefree and even cute, but this new side of herself emerged before she could think to stop it and suddenly it was leading her around like she was the phony personality. It was scary but she was strangely okay with it. Her tone was casual, it carried an alluring tone that becomes most vampires as it was an instrument of death. Right now, it was just her voice and she was just greeting the hatchling in front of her. Although, she could have said something different, what she chose was.-"You look tired."

((Well truthfully not much has happened. This rp has kinda been deserted lately, lol. All I know is that Vrael got put in solitary confinement while Tyra, Isthalas, and Moonlight are in the exercise area. @Umbre))

Edited by Tyra-Ice

"Sorry Annie! I didn't know that you were asleep. My name is..." He paused for a moment. "My name is..." He got nothing. "Huh. The fuzzy thing called me Klutz. Is that my name? I don't know." He stared for a moment, before his stomach growled.

"Oh no! My tummy is angry at me!" He put his head between his two front arms and looked at his underbelly. "Why are you angry at me?" He looked dissapointed and saddened. He pulled his head out, with a tear in his eye. "Why is he angry at me?" he looked back up at Annie, to see she wasn't there. "Are you angry at me, too?" he said to the empty space where she used to be, before busting into tears.

Edited by thegreenrobby

Song's eyes flickered open slowly and she saw a black and urple dragon about her size nudging her side. "Hello," she mumbled sleepily. With a great big yawn, she pulled herself into a sitting position and looked over Fusion curiously. Why was she missing so many scales around her belly? Song knew from instint that this area was sensitive, so why was her protection gone? Then it hit her. She reached over with her tail and felt her shoulder where one of the creatures had plucked a scale. The Dorsal must of got it worse... she thought sadly. "So.... Umm... Nice to meet you? My name is, uh, Song." She tried to smile politely as she looked up.

((Do I regulate how often the people come to take Klutz away? Or what? Also, Klutz probably won't eat until someone tells him that it will solve his stomach unsettlement. If it hasn't already been noticed, Klutz is 64 crayons short of a 64 crayon box.))

Klutz felt alone. Why does nobody like me? he whined to himself, still sobbing with tears. First the fuzzy things break his egg, and then Annie scolded him, and now his stomach is groaning at him! He curled into a ball in the corner, rocking back and forward like an cowering infant, with waterfalls spilling from his tearducts.

"I want back in my egg! The hatched world is scary!"

Fusion smiled back at Song, finally someone that had a sense of decency. "Nice to meet you, Song." She looked behind her at the other dragons that were in the exercise room, then back at at Song. "My momma left me and my daddy is mean to me... is your daddy mean? He took away my scales and now it makes my stomach hurt. Do you know why they did that? Can you tell me?" Fusion didn't mean to question Song of the Wolves, she was just scared and curious.

"No kidding," Tyra chuckled, lying down on the cold steel floor. "This place...and not to mention the two leggeds really wear you down." The sound of another hatchling crying met her sensitive, one she didn't recognize. Turning her head, she noticed another hatchling, whimpering with tears running down his face. Feeling sorry for him, she slowly rose to her feet and ventured over to him. "Hey...are you alright? Why are you so upset?" she asked softly.