UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tyra shook her head and growled softly. "T-those...those creatures j-just.....h-how can they be so cruel?!" she exlaimed. She paced back and forth slightly, whimpering. "What are we going to do...? They're too big for us to fight back..." Exasperated, she slumped down on her side. Her stomach once again growled for food, protesting loudly.

Eggs were hatching, but Zero didn't care, his depression overtaking him. There was speech and sounds, happy sounds, confused sounds, hatchlings crying out to parents that would never find them, but zero was only absorbed in his depressed thoughts

"Why must we put through this..."

Many hatchlings were picked up and taken to the exercize area, others were taken to the Testing Areas.

"The first of many pains they must go through..."

A human came to his cage wearing protective metal gloves in the case Zero goes berserk again, but he hasn't since the time he lost his eye. When the human picked Zero up he fell limp, the scientist have not figured out whether it was due to an overdose or his depression. the human placed him on the ground of the exercise area. Once he was free of human grasp he slunk over to a shadowed part of the area. He laid down, seeing the newborns being brought in, many of them crying in pain a shock.

"How can one be put through this..."

Zero didn't move, he merely waited for the end to come as he watched the world through his single blood-red eye.

((OOC: This took FOREVER to write.))

Edited by Burner

-Still humble from having something to think about it was a greater effect on the young dragon when it noticed that yet another piece of it's egg had fallen away. It watched as bits crumbled behind it, falling as the materials that held it together melted away as if being touched by something terribly hot but that had no heat to burn, only to destroy. The hatchling couldn't move, frozen in place as it's deadened body slumped against the walls of it's egg unable to make itself comfortable. It could see the grey sky looming overhead but it seemed solid, nothing like the one it had once glimpsed above itself back when it was first born. No, this was something unnatural. In the way it was positioned the unhatched dragon could see just a little bit outside but it's eyes were forced to focus on one point, it could not look around itself. So, as the egg fell away bit by bit the young dragon could only stare unblinkingly at that cold, strange, solid grey sky.

The strange creatures it had heard before came and went. They sometimes stopped nearby and directed their voices towards the egg it lay in, but then they would leave after a few scratching sounds (them writing on their clipboards) and it would be silent again. So much happened while the dragon remained ever still and soon the egg would have fallen into a pile of rotted shell all around the dragon. Even now it could feel a few resting on it's unmoving belly which faced upwards, it's legs pulled into it and it's forearms tucked on it's chest. Being used to the pain of death, the discomfort of it's current pose was irrelevant. Again, the dragon's consciousness slipped away and it went into a stilled slumber, waiting to for the day it hoped to move again.-

((I know I seem to be posting a lot but since my dragon can't interact yet and I have no one to wait for for a reply I sort've just post regularly....hope you don't mind >.<''))

Edited by Chasilin

Moona was picked up and taken to a test Area. "She should o to Area A." Someone said. they checked how big the stone on her tail was, her health, how long she would live, which, they thought wasnt going to be long since they would kill her. Then, they put her in the excercise area. Moona didnt want to do anything they expected her to do. She just needed some friends to cheer her up. She was prowling around in search of someone. the people were watching her.

Edited by girlfairy76

Ocius sat and watched the coming and goings of the other hatchlings. He saw some get taken and returned. He noticed Tyra stand up and walk over to a magma on the other side of the exercise area. Eventually, Ocius stood and followed her, not wanting to be left alone around the bigger dragons.

Skye eventually crawled out from underneath the water bowl to drink. It was very refreshing, but it didn't satisfy her hunger. She chirped unhappily, looking around for something to eat.

Tyra poor stomach continued to grumble. "....Are they even going to give us food?" she wondered worriedly. Her eyes wandered to Ocius who had followed her over. She decided, in order to get her mind off her hunger, to explore the strange exercise room. She sniffed the floor and the wall curiously, determining that it was made out of some kind of weird stone. Scanning the room, she noticed several water bowls. It looked as if the two legged creatures had tried to make the room look like the dragons' natural habitat but didn't do a very good job at it. She gave a pitiful dragon cry, hoping to maybe get the pink creatures' attention that she was hungry.

Ocius continued to follow Tyra around. "I hope you don't mind me following you. I just don't feel comfortable with all these bigger dragons around." When she started crying for food, he realized he had not eaten either, but figured that crying would get him no where.

Moona refused to drink that thinking it was poison, but got very thirsty. she took a nip at it. it was very refreshing. those people didn even think of putting in food. Moona growled. The humans didnt notice, and ditn care. They just rechecked there studies."Hmm.. I think we should test there powers next..." one said. "are you sure we should do it so early? they could ruin the lab like when we decided this last time!" another said. "But this time i'll be careful." the same voice said. Do we even have powers at this age? They must be crazy. Moona thought. She bumped into tyra. "sorry." Moona said.

Tyra managed a smile at Ocius. "It's alright...I don't mind. In fact, it's...it's nice to have a friend during times like this..." She jogged over to the door and scratched at it a bit, seeing how sturdy it was. "These creatures may be big and strong, but they're not too bright... look how badly this room was disguised. Maybe, if I can get them to bring us food, I can get a glimpse out of the door and see our surroundings. I was....I was too frightened earlier to think about it..." Suddenly, she felt something bump into her, causing her to stumble a bit. She blinked at the Moonlight hatchling. "Oh...it's alright," she assured her quietly. Overall, Tyra was quite shy and quiet but intelligent.

Ocius was relieved when she said she did not mind. "Your right, this is all badly disguised." Hearing someone say sorry, he turned and saw a moonstone dragon. He backed up a bit, not knowing how this dragon would act.

Skye looked at the walls, so poorly painted. She let out a small growl, and scratched at it, causing it to peel away instantly. Flicking her tail back and forth in annoyance, the little Dayream paced back and forth, bored, lonely, and confused.

Moona saw Ocius, who was backing away. "Oh hey." She said looking at Ocius. "Whats your names anyway? im Moona." Moona said. She was wondeinrg if Tyra and Ocius didnt like her.

"Hello, Moona. My name is Tyra..." Noticing Ocius's uneasiness, she turned back to Moona. Motioning to the pygmy, she explained, "and this is Ocius. He's just shy and a bit frightened since he's so small compared to the other hatchlings."

Ocius nodded his head slowly. "Hello Moona." He responded quietly. He was glad he had Tyra there, he felt safe with her.

"oh. Well I like pygmies! There do small and cute! But misfits bring so much tricks..." Moona said glancing at Ocius." And these people actually want us dead for there.. What do you call it?" Moona said pointing to the case of jewelry.

Ocius looked at Moona. "I'm just going to say they want us dead for their trinkets." He was a bit more comfortable around Moona now. He stepped forward a bit.

"trinkets? Well that's mean. We could live for years if they didn't want us for there own. Talk about being selfish." Moona said looking at a jewelry with gold dragon scales." the have there own animals to kill. This place also watches us all the time." she added.

Tyra's violet eyes widened and her breathing became faster. They were going to be killed?! J-just for some trinket or piece of jewelry!! Tears filled her eyes and she scampered away across the room into the farthest corner where she curled up and sniffed. Why? Why would they tortured other animals just for that?

"Why must joy avoid me..."

Zero sulked as he watched, his thoughts swarming like hornets in his head.

"Why must I be alone..."

Zero shifted as a group of hatchlings drew close, discussing the jewelry that they would one day be made into. Even after the torture they must endure. The thought was haunting to Zero.

"Why won't the world see me..."

He saw a hatching female scamper next to him unknowingly and curl into a ball.

"How can a race be so cruel..."

Edited by Burner

Something feathery and purple caught Skye's eye. It was her tail, but she had yet to figure that out. Letting out a growl, she pounced on it, and clamped it between her jaws. She squeaked in pain and surprise, and stumbled backwards and landed.on her back.

"... We have to get away from here!" Moona finally said. She saw Zero. "do you have any ideas?" she asked Tyra and Ocius. " it seems like there's no way..." Moona said touching the stone on her tail." but maybe it is possible" she said. She started touching the metal." not like a dragon environment " she said.

Tyra curled up even tighter, wrapping her tail around herself. "I wish I still had my Momma and Papa...," she whispered to herself, tears rolling down her cheeks.

Ocius went over to Tyra and stood on her tail. "Hey, we will get out of this okay? There has got to be some way." He tried to make her feel better. "Moona I don't think anyone here has had enough time to think about ways to get out."

Tyra slowly opened one deep purple eye to look at Ocius, who sat on her tail. He was quite small though, so it didn't bother her. "T-thanks...," she stammered, still sniffling. She took a deep breath and attempted to calm her emotions. For the first time, she noticed Zero all alone in the corner not far away from her. She noticed that one of his eyes had been damaged and immediately a wave of sympathy and compassion washed over her. He was older than they all were so he must have lived here a while. She pondered whether to say anything to him or not.