angelicdragonpuppy

Generic Cave

Would you like a biome/cave entrance where all dragons could be found?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Once upon a time in DC, there was a cave. It was a cool cave where all dragons arrived to lay eggs and do other cool dragony stuff. All breeds could be found there. I'd like to see that cave revived as an additional biome, not a replacement of them, for I much enjoy biomes! Perhaps it would be located on the front page of DC where it used to be? And yes, as mentioned, all breeds could be found there.

Unlike the previous suggestion that was shot down, this would NOT pull eggs from other biomes. It would generate all-new ones.

Now, before everyone panics, I don't think this would hurt the cave or cause crazy lag. Would people like it because all the rares (trios, for starters) can be found in one spot? Yes... but so can EVERY BLOCKER COMMON IN EXISTENCE MUAHAHA. So I'm fairly confident that the amount of people stalking it would be comparable to those in the other biomes.

Personally I'd go to the more specific biomes when looking for certain things (cough brines at the coast cough cough thunders and nebulas at the desert cough cough) and just go to the cave biome when I was in the mood for a random CB nabbing adventure. Now, I know that technically the AP is a smorgasboard of breeds, but 1) it tends to be dominated fully by a few breeds rather than mixing in very well, 2) offers very little chance of having a random rare pop in and 3) also usually has a lot less CBs than it does long, messy lineages.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

*Hugs ADP* Allof your suggestions are really well thought out smile.gif This would be very useful, especially in new releases. Think about it; about a third of current Blusang hunters would switch to the Cave biome because there would be less people there. While there would be less of a chance of finding the egg, there would probably be less people, increasing the chances of getting it.

Oooo I like this idea! I think it would benefit the cave a lot. I think a plains/ field biome would be cool. A marsh would be neat as well. I shall be stalking around to see what other stuff comes up. (:

Oooo I like this idea! I think it would benefit the cave a lot. I think a plains/ field biome would be cool. A marsh would be neat as well. I shall be stalking around to see what other stuff comes up. (:

Haha, this wouldn't be quite the same as a standard biome, but--I remember TJ asking at one point how people'd feel about biomes-within-biomes, so a field within the forest and a marsh near the coast might be possible. X'D

Think about it; about a third of current Blusang hunters would switch to the Cave biome because there would be less people there. While there would be less of a chance of finding the egg, there would probably be less people, increasing the chances of getting it.

Or maybe it wouldn't be a third, but two thirds, just because you can also find all kinds of rares in the cave? However, spreading out players on two different biomes (coast and cave) would be an improvement already, so I'm in favor. I also know that there are many people who'd like to get a regular, all-breeds-inclusive cave again. As long as this does not affect the biomes, I don't think it would hurt.

Add my support! I do miss the old cave sometimes, it was really challenging to get what you wanted back then.

I like this idea! This makes a lot of sense (especially seeing how crazy new releases are (turps, luminas and tsunamis, and now mustys, rancids, and brines). With breeds being harder to catch having an area where during drops could hold all the new eggs would increase peoples chances of getting some!

However my one concern is if we split eggs being dropped two places will there be more eggs dropped? because if not we'll be back where we started.

However my one concern is if we split eggs being dropped two places will there be more eggs dropped? because if not we'll be back where we started.

I was thinking about this myself, but in the end I think it wouldn't be too big of a problem. It would decrease the chances of getting one in the normal biomes, but just veryyy slightly.

Let me use an exagerrated example (might be a bit/lot off because I'm too lazy to count how many breeds are in each biome/overall xd.png)

Specified Biome: Has maybe 20 breeds. Thus, eggs have to 'fight' the ratios less for a chance to be produced.

Full Biome: Has around 80 breeds. Thus eggs REALLY have to fight the ratios. Very few of any one breed will be produced here, simply because they have to go against so many other eggs vying for attention. With such a decreased chance of appearing overall, it should have very little effect on how many things appear in the specified biomes--especially in the case of rares.

I've a question though-in the case of eggs that have the same descriptions, but are differentiated because they fall in different biomes, well...how do you tell them apart? For example, we can tell between spitfires and stripes because spitfires fall in the desert and stripes the forest/jungle. How would this difference be played out in this biome? Would it have no difference?

Not saying I'm against the idea, I'm just stumped as how this problem would be solved.

Edited by ylangylang

I've a question though-in the case of eggs that have the same descriptions, but are differentiated because they fall in different biomes, well...how do you tell them apart? For example, we can tell between spitfires and stripes because spitfires fall in the desert and stripes the forest/jungle. How would this difference be played out in this biome? Would it have no difference?

Not saying I'm against the idea, I'm just stumped as how this problem would be solved.

There are plenty that drop in biomes where you have to guess.... flamingoes, for instance, have the same description as pinks.

Before the biomes we had to take a chance ALL the time. (the worst were the strange markings...) It would be back to that. Another risk to using this biome !

There are plenty that drop in biomes where you have to guess.... flamingoes, for instance, have the same description as pinks.

Before the biomes we had to take a chance ALL the time. (the worst were the strange markings...) It would be back to that. Another risk to using this biome !

Which again would help keep too many people from spamming it. ^^

Oh, okay. That'd be interesting biggrin.gif

"Nuuuuu not another spitfir- oh. I've a CB STRIPE! YAY IS ME!!!!!"

If you use the original cave as a blueprint, you wouldn't know. You would have to take your chances on which one you would get. Think about the three different "strange" eggs laugh.gif

My guess is these would become cave blockers in the "all inclusive cave" because no-one will risk getting the wrong one when they can go to the biomes and get a specific breed.

If you bother to look up the dragon code on a view/lineage page, it'll show you what the egg is. Meaning you only have to risk someone else taking it before you do.

and if it is the wrong one it will still be sitting there blocking the "cave"

and if it is the wrong one it will still be sitting there blocking the "cave"

Blockers are in every biome, though--no matter what biome is suggested, they'll be there. Hopefully some people will just have fun taking a chance to see what they get. X'D

I support as well. Not that I'd actually use it, but for those who would, it'd be nice for them smile.gif

When there was only one cave entrance, the challenge was thrilling. Now it's not too difficult to pick up a breed you want (well, excluding rares).

Hm...I don't know. It sounds okay I guess.

Part of me just wants to keep the cave as it is and part of me is kind of neutral about this idea. Its not a bad idea and I guess I would prefer to keep it the way it is but if it was implemented I wouldn't cry or anything tongue.gif

I remember the cave!

But yeah, I'd really like to see the cave come back. And it'd make so much sense. Dragons go to a safe spot to lay their little eggies! Perfect idea!

I love this.

Also, could I make a banner?

And I think the reason I really like this is because I can't remember where all the little commons are and I love catching commons to hoard and make lines =D

Edited by Midnight-Skyline

I remember the cave!

But yeah, I'd really like to see the cave come back. And it'd make so much sense. Dragons go to a safe spot to lay their little eggies! Perfect idea!

I love this.

Also, could I make a banner?

A banner would be awesome! xd.png

(I apologize in advance if I don't actually use it, though--my signature is eternally crammed to bursting ;AAA; )

Thinks for putting my mind at ease angelicdragonpuppy I am all for this now smile.gif any thing to make new releases less crazy (and to help me catch blockers for my zombie project biggrin.gif

(I apologize in advance if I don't actually use it, though--my signature is eternally crammed to bursting ;AAA; )

No worries! I just love making them :3