Nanashi

The Light in The Shadows

What do you think of this?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bartine looked at the white hatchling puzzledly and said, "Hunting? I have never heard of a white dragon eating meat before. I heard they were all vegetarians like myself, though I may eat a bug once in a while."

After eating her horse, Lightning took off to fly towards Mist Lake to herself a drink of water. She stopped at edge of the lake and dipped her head down to drink the water.

After reaching White Shadow territory, Atlas landed on the ground and folded her wings closely to herself. She walked through the woods as she tried to find the enemy's cave or at least one of the White Shadow dragons to see if they were making any plans to attack the Black Death clan or if there were any signs of weaknesses in the clan. She kept her ears sharp for any slight noises that alerted her of the enemy and her nose searching for any particular scent. Soon she picked up some quiet and distant voices talking about letting a loner join the clan, but Sombra wasn't too sure about letting him into White Shadow. 'What's this? They're about to recruit a loner into their clan? What kind of dragon is it?' she wondered. She turned to head towards the direction of the voices, but she tried not to get too close for fear of the White Shadow dragons spotting her out. Atlas was aiming to try to get that loner into Black Death before White Shadow could do it. Sombra was still in the mist of choice, so Atlas still had time to get the loner away from the enemy. But she was only going to let him if he looked strong enough to be in the clan. After a little walking, she saw her enemies, Sombra and Hysteria, with a male shadow walker. Atlas assumed that the other shadow walker was the loner and instantly knew that he can't be recruited into Black Death. She huffed and thought, 'And here I was getting my hopes up a little over a lousy shadow walker loner. The only halloween breed allowed into Black Death is a black marrow and he's not one. Oh well, at least I can still find out what the White Shadumbs are up to.'

Nightstar turned to look at the sun.

"I can't wait until Midnight,"He groaned.

He slowly turned away and walked deeper into the Black Death Forest.

Edited by ChocoBrownie

"Ilk try..." the wind had gone away. Hysteria plummeted down head first into the ground. She got up, wearily, and sat. She turned her head into the direction of Atlas. "Hey, who's that? Some other loner?" she got up, stalking towards Atlas. She saw the black marrow, fortunately thinking. Hissing, Hysteria jumped up, landing on Atlas' back. "Spy!" she spat, hanging on with her claws.

As Mystery saw Nightstar leaving she leaped down from her tree to join him and padded quietly behind. "It's particularly cold today." She commented. Being an ice dragon, she enjoyed the cold.

As Night walked on lost in her thoughts about the way she had murdered her family and her brother's startled expression when he had saw her drenched in blood. She was so lost in thought that she realized she had walked into a place where she could be easily spotted by the white hatchling and pumpkin dragon sitting opposite her. She quickly turned and stalked silently away. Hoping they hadn't seen her.

Aquos flew higher and higher, whipping up a large gust of wind. he grabbed a small ruby blown up in the gust and flew lower. He saw a cave nearby and flew over.

"Aw...Already taken." He said reluctantly when he spotted two shadowwalkers. He decided to land nearby since he was tired.

Edited by SoiledLove

Nightstar looked away.

"Yeah,it sure is cold."

A cold breeze blew through.Nightstar shook his head in annoyance.

"Might as well get some food to eat,"He growled.

Edited by ChocoBrownie

((Atlas is not a black marrow, she's a magi dragon with black scales.))

Atlas tensed when Hysteria had discovered her. The black magi dragoness roared angrily as the shadow walker jumped onto her back with claws grabbing her ebony pelt. She tried to thrash around and shake Hysteria off as she used her fire magic to cover herself with protective flames to burn the shadow walker.

As Bartine was talking with the white hatchling, he saw a thin black dragoness coming within their range, but for some reason she turned away from them. Bartine glanced at her for a bit and said, "Now I wonder why she turned away like that. Oh well, probably nothing to worry about. By the way, I'm Bartine, miss. So how long have you been alone. You look like you're at the age when matured hatchlings leave their parents to start their lives independently."

Mystery bounds alongside Nightstar and asks in a cheery tone, "What's going to be our prey today? I hope it can fill my stomach. Let's hunt something big."

As Night walks away from the two dragons, she wonders what it would be like to have friends, but shakes the thought off quickly. She doesn't need friends. Her belly growls and she knows it's hunting time. She expands her sinister aura to the trees around her and catches a deer frozen with fright. She lunges just as it turns to run and lands on it's back, digging her claws into flesh. The deer panics and crashes into the tree making a loud noise and slamming Night into the tree. Night bites down hard on the deer's skull hearing a crack. The deer falls to the ground and Night sits down to eat and recover.

Aquos shifts around wondering what to do, then he decides to use the cave. Well-fed as he is, he has no place to sleep. Maybe the cave is free, He thinks to himself, Maybe those Shadowwalkers haven't claimed the cave.

He takes off and ,with tremendous speed, flies into the cave. He stands at the mouth of the cave and sits down. Very soon he falls asleep.

"I am part thunder-dragon,"Selena told Bartine."And.....vegetables don't really satisfy me,"She said,a glint in her eyes.

That's when Bartine looked at the Black dragon.

Selena turned to see what Bartine was looking at.

It was too late,though.She saw nothing.Shrugging it off,the white hatchling turned back.

Bartine was once again speaking.

"Oh,I'm Selena.And I HAVE been alone for a few weeks,"Selena smiled,thinking about how sucessful she was.It was odd,since she never really had a chance to express herself in the past few weeks,she was longing to talk to someone."It's been...really exciting,to tell you the truth."

________

Nightstar pouted. "Hm.....we should catch a-" He then scented a moose.

"That."He said. With a strong flap of his wings,Night star took off. He spotted the moose easily and lunged downward,his teeth sinking into the moose's spine.The moose let out a cry of pain as it struggled to escape.

Edited by ChocoBrownie

Angry at herself for letting herself get hurt by a deer, Night lets out a mighty roar, a sinister, monstrous roar, a roar that would scare everyone to keep away from her for a while. Being unfriendly, unlikable and scary was a talent to her. She finishes the deer, sharpens her claws on a tree, and settles down to rest for a while.

Mystery follows Nightstar and sees him trying to kill a moose. She watches as the moose uses it's powerful back legs to struggle and Mystery uses her power to freeze the moose's hooves.

Edited by SoiledLove

Nightstar raises his head as he heard the roar.

When his guard was down,the moose tore away from Nightstar's grip.

"Darn!"He snarled,and dived down,inflicting another wound on the moose.

As Mystery froze the moose,Nightstar, being evil as well as a sadist, began torturing the moose,until it finally died.He looked at Mystery and motioned for her to come.

Edited by ChocoBrownie

Mystery happily trotted over to Nightstar and asked "How was that?"

((Oh Ya! first post on the 4th page!!WOO HOO!))

Edited by SoiledLove

"Nice,"Nightstar said,smiling."You're getting stronger,Mystery."

After this quick praise Nightstar flicked his tail and bent down to eat the moose.

After the meal,Nightstar raised his head.

This is boring,he thought.But...WHAT can he do?

He smiled evilly,a creepy smile spreading over his face.

"I know what we're going to do,"He says to Mystery

(I'm just gonna make up what's gonna happen next)

Nightstar knew that this was risky,but he couldn't help it;the boredom of life was starting to get to him.

(Also I want a more interesting plot laugh.gif )

Still,Nightstar wanted to plot this throughly.

"Let's go check out the White Shadow territory..."

(I chose this too cuz most players are over there)

Edited by ChocoBrownie

"Okay!" Mystery said with enthusiasm.

(Mystery will now follow Nightstar so remember to write that,Choco)

Nightstar flew off,Mystery following close behind.As he was flying he scanned the area,looking for any signs of danger.Soon they has arrived right in front of the White Shadow territory.

"Should we go now....or later?"He asked Mystery.

"I could go scout, you know how good an actress i am." Mystery suggested, "Plus, i can read emotions."

"Ok, I'll be off, i know my limits, so don't worry." Mystery says cheerfully. She bounds into the territory careful to check for scents.

Suddenly she smells fire and fighting dragons. She gets to the place where Atlas and Hysteria are fighting and, slightly inching into the open from her hiding place nearby, puts her head on her paws and watches with obvious amusement.

Nightstar stood on the border.He was getting very bored.TOO bored.That's when he decided to go inside the territory,too.

Nightstar stepped gingerly into the border,wary.He was well aware that the shining purple "stars"on his wings and tail were eye-catching.

He kept on walking slowly and silently.He had not been aware of the thick dragon scent until he got to the cave.After all,he mostly relied on his sight.

He looked out and saw a bunch of dragons.He jolted his head back,out of sight.He was pretty sure that the dragons would be able to detect him.He let out a small snarl,tensing.

Edited by ChocoBrownie

Mystery ran over to Nightstar"Nightstar, Stay away, keep back, I'll tend to watching the battle. It will be easy for them to see you and be suspicious. Where as I, being a hatchling, won't be suspected or detected."

He glared at Mysery.If this was another dragon,he would have snapped the other dragon's neck by now.But Nightstar had the sense to keep silent,especially with other dragons nearby.He narrowed his eyes and growled softly,"I can take care of myself,Mystery."But he whipped around and walked away,disappearing into the trees.

_ _ _ _ _ _

We shall now wait for the others to answer laugh.gif

Edited by ChocoBrownie

Mystery smiled as he disappeared into the trees and, making sure he was gone, said"If you aren't satisfied then i'll make this battle become more entertaining for us."

She returned to her hiding place and stopped smiling sweetly. Instead she turned her eyes on the battle and watched carefully making sure to make no sound and mingle her scent in with the leafs, this was more easy because she smelt of ice water. An evil smile came to her lips.

((Here,here biggrin.gif ))

Edited by SoiledLove