Moonbeam22

Archery

1.Do you shoot archery?

2.Do you own a bow? A crossbow?

3.Do you hunt?

4.Have you been in archery competitions?

Here are my answers!:

1.Yes, I shoot archery.

2.I own a 20lb 54" recurve that I love very much.

3.No, I don't hunt. The draw weight on my bow isn't strong enough to take much down.

4.No, but I hope to!

smile.gif

Now I want to hear your answers!!! You can also post archery tips, info, or just chat about it. Just please no drama or spamming!

Edited by Moonbeam22

I haven't shot in a LONG time, but I probably still have my compound bow downstairs somewhere. I started with a 20 lb bow when I was 5, upgraded at 12 to a 75 lb and haven't touched it in just under 6 years. Considering my recent physique change I would need at least a 120 lb draw.

1. When I can.

2. No.

3. No.

4. No.

I've only been able to do a small archery game at a local medieval fair, but I love it xd.png I hope to be able to take actual lessons one day...

I love archery, but only did it a few times so far. Now I've finally found a club that allows women in, so I'll start soon.

I'll start with a recurve bow, but obviously I don't own one yet. No intention to ever go hunt with it, but I would love to participate in at least one competition, to see how it all goes.

I've got a 20lb compound bow which I got when I was 12 years old and wanted to shoot it, but my parents never bothered to take the time with me to be able to shoot much at all. Now it's just sitting in the closet because I have no idea as to what to do to be able to safely and legally shoot it anywhere. xP

I loved archery the few times I was able to try it, though. Ironically, shooting ranges for firearms seem to be easier to find where I live than archery ranges. Even though my pellet gun could easily be taken hunting, I personally don't really like the idea of ending the life of an animal purely for fun, no matter how humane its death may be.

1.Do you shoot archery?

YEAH

Bow ( 20 to 30 pound (recurve) then my Dads bow (compund) in which my arm is not long enough to pull back)

3.Do you hunt? YUPP, Now shooting anything, just sitting, watching, enjoying nature xd.png

Yupp, at my camp! Beat em' all!

Who here would be awful enough to hunt a poor animal? D:

I am alright with archery. I keep letting the arrow go at the wrong angel and it slides down my arm and rips my skin. But not deep enough for it to bleed, but for some of my skin to peel off e.e

Archery!

I've shot before and either had a few lucky shots or I'm actually kinda good. Probably the first lol.

Don't own a bow, though my dad has one and he's trying to get into using it.

Obv. don't hunt and haven't been in any competitions, but damn if I don't want to get into it as a hobby. <3

1, Yes I do shot...

2, Yes I have a longbow...

3,Yes I do hunt with it...

$.No not at this time...

I would really love to take archery up as a hobby. I've tried it a bunch of times, and I absolutely love it.

How was there not an archery thread already? /surprised

I've been shooting for years, I have a very nice compound bow and apparently I'm pretty good. I won first place in two consecutive King Arthur's day competitions before I stopped competing.

I'd love to learn, but alas, I'd probably poke my eye out.

Makes me think of A Christmas Story. "You'll shoot your eye out!"

1.Do you shoot archery? I have in the past, yes.

2.Do you own a bow? A crossbow? No.

3.Do you hunt? Yes, but with guns.

4.Have you been in archery competitions? No.

I've been deer hunting a few times. Though I always use a rifle, I did get the opportunity to watch bow hunters take down a rather nice buck. I have great respect for people who are skilled with a bow, guns make it a lot easier. The only time I've used a bow was many years ago - archery was offered as a P.E. elective in the school I went to, so I spent a whole semester with an hour a day behind a bow. I'm a decent shot, but probably not good enough to hunt anything.

Who here would be awful enough to hunt a poor animal? D:

I have nothing against people who hunt, as long as the flesh and fur aren't wasted. I mean, we eat flesh, right? The cows, deer, etc have to die somehow. ;p

1. Yes. Quite a lot

2. I own my compound (70) and I just got a recurve for Christmas (30, 62"). Also have a pistol crossbow(20).

3.very little and I only hunt small animals

4.yes but I didn't place.

1. Yes, recreationally.

2. I have a recurve with a 40lb draw.

3. Yes, I hunt, but not with bows.

4. No competitions for me.

1.Yes, but its been a while.

2.A recurve with a 25 lb. draw

3. No.

4. Nah, I don't practice or shoot enough. I hope to practice more though sleep.gif

I have nothing against people who hunt, as long as the flesh and fur aren't wasted. I mean, we eat flesh, right? The cows, deer, etc have to die somehow. ;p

I know that we need food and ect, but what i'm actully againest is hunting animals for sport. Thats how the tigers got endangered cause everyone wanted their pelts and others wanted to kill them for the fun of it. I mean if you were left on an Isle or something an a rabbit was in front of you, then it would be alright to kill it but killing it for the fun of it? Thats just wrong.

1.Do you shoot archery?

Not anymore. I used to train multiple times a week, but I hit a level where I'd have to move pretty far away to get a good trainer... my coach couldn't train me anymore >_< After that it kinda lost its fun. I'd have to give up pretty much everything else in my life and dedicate it to archery. I loved it, but not THAT much.

I used to own a 26lb recurve (hoyt gold medalist), but I sold it when I quit. I do still own a 24lb horsebow though, which I occasionally shoot with in my parents' backyard. They have a big backyard and my dad's into archery as well, so he has a target set up there happy.gif Plus there's an empty grass field behind it where no one ever comes, so it's as safe as it gets smile.gif

3.Do you hunt?

No, and the only reason I'd ever hunt is for survival. I have shot at moving targets (and hit them xd.png), but they were very much inanimate tongue.gif

Yep, loads of them. I used to be one of the best girls in my age range in my region. I kept getting beaten by a few points at the really important competitions though, so I've never been at the national championships, sadly. Would've loved that!

1.Do you shoot archery? Yes, I love it.

2.Do you own a bow? A crossbow? Yes

3.Do you hunt? No

4.Have you been in archery competitions? No, but I want to.

1) Yes I do, I absolutely love it. I actually started after I watched Hunger Games >.> <.<

2) I own a traditional English longbow. I wanted to go as traditional as I could find since I don't plan to hunt or compete.

3) Nope

4) Nope, I just shoot for fun.

1) Do you shoot archery? Yes, I do indeed. I've been going for a little over a year now.

2) Do you own a bow? A crossbow? No, I'm currently using a lovely 23lb recurve from my club. However, I hope to get my own gear by the end of the year. smile.gif

3) Do you hunt? No, I don't.

4) Have you been in archery competitions? No, I don't think I'm quite that good yet. In fact, it's surprising I can even hit the target because with anything else I couldn't hit a barn if I was inside it.

1) Do you shoot archery?

Yep, started up earlier this year down at the county shooting range.

2) Do you own a bow? A crossbow?

I own a Genesis original bow (10-20lb). I do want to get a more powerful bow at some point when I get better.

3) Do you hunt? No. My current bow is not designed for it. Besides, I'm against hunting for sport anyway and would only hunt if I had to for food.

4) Have you been in archery competitions?

No, but I just entered one that starts next week. Hopefully I do well (and the wind behaves itself).